• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Evidence

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Gnossos7 said:
Would you please list each of these tests so that we can see the 500?

And then, of the ones he did take, please tell us which ones he was given 20 private minutes to prepare for. After that please tell us which ones he actually failed, but were then covered up.

M

LauraLyn said:
"The reason that mathematicians are not perceptive is that they do not see what is before them." - Pascal

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

Albert Einstein, "Geometry and Experience", January 27, 1921

the big ring said:
This thread is about evidence, correct?

Some person is claiming "Indeed, in a few short months he (Armstrong) nearly wrecked the sport (triathlon)."

So in a thread about evidence, some wild and IMO ridiculous claim is made and I ask for evidence as to that claim. Something, anything, to back it up.

And you want me to provide evidence that it is an incorrect claim?

I don't have evidence that the sport of triathlon is not wrecked, but I'd be willing to bet that LA hasn't wrecked it in a few short months. He's not that important to them.

So much so that they had NO problem BANNING him from the sport instantly.

BANNING HIM. Say it with me. He is banninated.

Here is the evidence of his bannination from triathlon: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/14/sport/armstrong-doping-allegations/index.html

You can't wreck what you're banned from.

Here's a hint: I will no longer respond to LL posts, are they are typically OT and seek to muddy / dilute threads. I do not wish to pursue this line of dilution any further.

I'm well aware that Wonderboy has been banished from the sport. I was just wondering how one.can ask another for evidence of ones opinion? Again, no dog in this fight my friend, if you cant show that if given the chance & the right amount of time, that Wonderboy couldn't mess up the sport, then how could you ask someone else for evidence of what most people here already know:he would've. "banishment" or not. He tried pulling the same **** in the triathlon, there's proof of that from 2009-now.

I actually enjoy everyone's posts here on th subject of ******bag Wonderboy. Lets try sticking to the topic & not personal feelings towards other posters? Makes this a great place to post, we're all here because of our disdain for the ******y doper.

iZnoGouD said:
this is a which hunt!
leave the man alone, he has done so many good things for the sport.
why do they acuse him now and not at the time?

doesn't make sense

What "so many good things for the sport" has he done actually, please explain?

Its not a "witch hunt" & NO ONE should feel sorry for "poor Lance". He brought all this on himself. You don't want to hear it, because you're obviously a Wonderboy fan & despite continued MOUNTING evidence against the doper, you still think/believe he's innocent. Gimme a break. Did you think it was a "witch hunt".when they went after & banned: Contador or Landis? If you say no, you're a hypocrite & it obviously can't go both ways. So again, please share w/us all: what are all these "good things he's done for the sport" you've referred to? Please DO NOT mention anything cancer/Livestrong related, as neither have any relation to what you've said. You're mentioning the sport of cycling, NOT anything else. We anxiously await your rebuttle.

86TDFWinner said:
Im well aware.that wonderboy has been bannished from the sport. I was just wondering how one.can ask another for evidence of ones opinion? Again, no dog in this fight my friend, if you cant show that if given the chance & the right amount of time, that wonderboy couldnt mess up the sport, then how could you adk someone else for.evidence of what most people here already know:he wouldve. "bannishment" or not. He tried pulling the same **** in the triathlon, there's proof of that from 2009-now.

I actually enjoy everyone's posts here on th subject of douchrbag Wonderboy. Lets tfy sticking to the topic, & not personal feelings towards other posters? Makes this a great

Place to post, we're all here bc of our disdain for the ******y doper.

I still can't see how Armstrong "messed up" the sport of cycling, even though he was a protected frankencyclist.

The sport was undoubtedly a cesspool before Armstrong's domination (Festina, anyone) and it has continued to be a cesspool after Armstrong's domination.

I think that it is a myth to suggest that Armstrong ruined or messed up cycling. The myth is unhelpful because it suggests that there is somehow a "clean" aspect of pro cycling that would have existed, but for Armstrong.

If Austria Hun--I mean Armstrong--didn't exist, the UCI would have had to invent him.

86TDFWinner said:
What "so many good things for the sport" has he done actually, please explain?

Its not a "witch hunt" & NO ONE should feel sorry for "poor Lance". He brought all this on himself. You dont want to hear it, because you're obviously a Wonderboy fan & despite continuing MOUNTING evidence against the doper, you still think/believe he's innocent. Gimme a break. Did you think it was a "witch hunt".when they went after & banned:Contador or Landis? If you say no, you're a hypocrite who obviously cant have it both ways. So again, please share w/us all: what are all these "good things he's done for the sport"? Please DO NOT mention anything cancer/Livestrong related, as neither have any relation to what you've said. You're mentioning the sport of cycling, NOT anything else. We anxiously await your rebuttle.

He's made money for people. That's what people mean when they say "good things."

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
MarkvW said:
I still can't see how Armstrong "messed up" the sport of cycling, even though he was a protected frankencyclist.

The sport was undoubtedly a cesspool before Armstrong's domination (Festina, anyone) and it has continued to be a cesspool after Armstrong's domination.

I think that it is a myth to suggest that Armstrong ruined or messed up cycling. The myth is unhelpful because it suggests that there is somehow a "clean" aspect of pro cycling that would have existed, but for Armstrong.

If Austria Hun--I mean Armstrong--didn't exist, the UCI would have had to invent him.

I think you are right. But I also think he took it to a new level. Just as (it seems to me) Team Sky has done now.

What disturbs me about Lance, one thing (too many to list), is that he attached to his hero image this "catch me if you can" attitude.

So two things about Lance that went too too far:

1. His impact on the youth.

2. His fraudulent use of cancer victims and their families.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Velodude said:
Consistent success as a GC contender in road cycling can be attributed to amassing a strong team around that rider.

Not so with marathons or triathlons which are individual events.

But there were no team mates in those sports to support him that would have necessitated arrangements for him to enable them to partake PEDs to assist him.

Armstrong probably was racing in triathlons and marathons as doped to the gills as he was in road cycling. WTC altering the selection criteria for doping control in Panama on the run was obviously designed to benefit only one competitor.

Not so sure how doped he was but whatever concoction he was using for the Marathon ,,,,,,,he should ask for a refund. He sucked at it. His times were slow for the basic shape "base" he was in.

MarkvW said:

You must be an Armstrong fanboy. I do think that the majority of the s%$# Lance is catching now, is for his unwavering denial of how he claims to have "never doped, despite being tested 956 times...blah blah blah".(I know it's not that many btw). He's brought all this on himself with his decade long denial. Yes, most/all of the cyclists during his era doped, but why should others go punished, and he does not? not fair, especially considering the systematic doping scheme/system he himself concocted to "cheat the system" for HIS benefit? It's not fair, for the other riders caught up in the whole thing, ,nor the sport itself. he may not have been solely responsible for messing up the sport, but he IS/WAS a huge contributor to it's downfall and where we are today. For that, he should be punished.

I haven't even brought up the deceit, lies, scamming involved with the Livestrong foundation & the millions of dollars he's duped out of it for his own personal use. Of course, this is just my opinion.

iZnoGouD said:
this is a which hunt!
leave the man alone, he has done so many good things for the sport.
why do they acuse him now and not at the time?

doesn't make sense

Armstrong's homeboys go with the Chewbacca Defense. Nice.

tumblr_m7hdagvgw61r9t9hvo1_500.jpg

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Bicycle said:
What is LA likely to do now? Is he going to challenge the USADA's decision?

Lance does not have recourse to challenge the USADA decision. Once he refused to go to arbitration, he closed off legal avenues.

Indeed, he did quit. Probably even more than he realized.

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
You do bring up valid points. I do think that the majority of the s%$# Lance is catching now, is for his unwavering denial of how he claims to have "never doped, despite being tested 956 times...blah blah blah".(I know it's not that many btw). He's brought all this on himself with his decade long denial. Yes, most/all of the cyclists during his era doped, but why should others go punished, and he does not? not far, especially considering the systematic doping scheme/system he himself concocted to "cheat the system" for HIS benefit? It's not fair, for the other riders caught up in the whole thing, ,nor the sport itself. he may not have been solely responsible for messing up the sport, but 1. he IS/WAS a huge contributor to it's downfall and where we are today. For that, he should be punished.

I haven't even brought up the deceit, lies, scamming involved with the 2. LiveStrong foundation & the millions of dollars he's duped out of it for his own personal use. Of course, this is just my opinion.

1. Agree fully. I think the FFC proposal to not re-allocate his 7 TdF wins and just mark it as "a dark period" is the most fitting punishment for Lance. (I do not want to suggest that he should not receive further financial and criminal punishments.)

2. The LAF is the worse part of his deception and really I don't see a way to forgive this or ever have just for this. The LAF needs to be shut down and all the remaining funds donated to a real cancer foundation that has never worked with the LAF.

(No links. No evidence. Just a personal opinion.)

LauraLyn said:
Lance does not have recourse to challenge the USADA decision. Once he refused to go to arbitration, he closed off legal avenues.

Indeed, he did quit. Probably even more than he realized.

Yep. Lance got bad advice from his *ahem* lawyers & screwed himself. I think it's hilarious to see what he's done.

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Yep. Lance got bad advice from his *ahem* lawyers & screwed himself. I think it's hilarious to see what he's done.

Agree. But actually I think it is worse.

He got thrown under the bus. Weisel would only carry him so far.

And I don't even think Lance realized it, at least not until sometime after Montreal. He must have woken up one morning recently with a huge "holy ****" moment.

(He had no intention of quitting when he published the "I'm quitting" letter on his website. At the same time, even earlier, his lawyers had delivered a huge "we're fighting this" letter to the USADA. And now he must realize - he really did quit: "Holy ****!")

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:

I think he knew exactly what he was doing. The last thing he wanted was to have to publicly contest the charges.

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Bicycle said:
I think he knew exactly what he was doing. The last thing he wanted was to have to publicly contest the charges.

True, Lance would never want the evidence brought out in public.

His "quitting" came with a threat "to fight".

But he was led to believe he would beat it. He thought he was protected. And he was. It's just that protecting him started to cost too much.

The funny thing is, Lance didn't even get cut a deal by the big boys. He really got broadsided.

Weisel, McQuaid, the UCI, USA Cycling, Ironman . . . they are all walking away from this and Lance (Bruyneel and a few other fools) are left taking the fall.

You could almost feel sorry for the guy. Almost.

TRENDING THREADS