• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the face/person behind the member

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Always intriguing to learn what posters you know only through their forum posting look like irl
hrotha said:
Irondan said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
after the latest episode of the Train Wreck that is Ray J Willings & his dear wife Brigid.....I would love to see what those two look like in person - :D

Yeah, I know it's probably only going to be one of them ;)
They're both banned because it was never his wife that created the account. *She was ray j, not his wife...
eSsKaRh.gif
lol

Re:

Koronin said:
Debating about posting a picture of me or not....
Just do it, girl! I mean, who is here to judge us as we all age? (I took this piccy just now, and yes, I'm definitely in the process of aging.)

ageing1546808929.jpg

Btw. - Aging means you lose some eye sight and some hearing, maybe gain some weight, and maybe your bike's tires might be getting a little bit fatter just because you're so much more careful now. But the great thing about aging is you're also at the point where you just don't give a crap anymore about what anyone else thinks!

So there you have it.

Robert5091 at some point I may.
the delgados, Thanks
Tricycle Rider Good point.

This picture was taken last summer when we were at the Indy Car race at Mid Ohio. The picture is me with Indy driver Sebastian Bourdais about an hour and a half or so after he crashed his car in qualifying.

40332153_10212706264677725_2575550617346899968_n.jpg

Re:

Koronin said:
the delgados, Thanks

This picture was taken last summer when we were at the Indy Car race at Mid Ohio. The picture is me with Indy driver Sebastian Bourdais about an hour and a half or so after he crashed his car in qualifying.

Very nice to see your face, hon, very pleased to meet you, Koronin!

Tricycle Rider said:
Koronin said:
the delgados, Thanks

It's nice to meet you as well. We have a similar bird feeder to the one you have in your picture.

Re:

Koronin said:
the delgados, Thanks

Valverde does not come close to either of you. That Chia Pet thing growing out of his skull is disturbing, It is blatantly obvious that the hair on his head came from his thighs or chest.
p.s. I think I would pass out if I met a cycling fan at an Indy car race in the middle of nowhere. I would need those smelling salts just to get back on my feet and talk about Valverdes hair.

the delgados said:
Koronin said:
the delgados, Thanks

Valverde does not come close to either of you. That Chia Pet thing growing out of his skull is disturbing, It is blatantly obvious that the hair on his head came from his thighs or chest.
p.s. I think I would pass out if I met a cycling fan at an Indy car race in the middle of nowhere. I would need those smelling salts just to get back on my feet and talk about Valverdes hair.

Thanks. He's tried to fight the hair loss for awhile. In his case it's definitely genetic as his one brother is bald and his other brother has worse hair loss than he does. It does appear he's finally given up that particular fight.
Funny enough I was wearing my Valverde t-shirt on Friday (practice day) and did meet another cycling fan. The other fan saw my shirt and we ended up talking cycling for a few minutes on the walkway above the garages. That might have been the funniest part of the entire thing. The year before I met Carlos Munoz (the Colombian Indy Car driver) and talked cycling with him for a few minutes (and got my picture taken with him as well). He was really happy to talk something other than Indy Car and was thrilled to find a cycling fan to talk to. LOL, as to Valverde's hair.

Koronin said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Koronin said:
the delgados, Thanks

It's nice to meet you as well. We have a similar bird feeder to the one you have in your picture.
Funny you should mention familiar-looking stuff... your pic reminds me of a friend of mine who used to live across the street, many a wine tasting get-togethers we used to have!

Anyhoo, it's nice to have another sports-loving woman in these parts, think there are still only about 3 or 4 of us here.

PS - I follow car racing only once in a while, but that Bourdais guy is rather nice looking.

Sounds like fun.

It's always nice to meet another sports-loving woman. You're right, there aren't many of us here.

He is, he's also 39 so not sure how many more years he's going to be racing for. His French accent is nice as well, but easy enough to understand as it's not that thick.

So your user name is meant to fool us?? Where's the third wheel? ;)
Heh, that was kind of a stupid joke on my part... I did try to ride my mom's rusty old tricycle a few times, can't say I enjoyed it. I suppose it's like driving a semi-truck in that you have to take wide corners and stuff, other than being able to haul small pieces of furniture on the back rack I don't find it very efficient. (I do admire the occasional tricycle rider I see on the road, though, it takes a different skill set to ride it from a bicycle. Can't even imagine hauling that heavy thing with no derailleurs uphill...)

On the upside mom's tricycle does have disc brakes (none of my bicycles do), so if I want to ride disc brakes I'll have to ride the tricycle. :)

Pleased to meet you, Dekker. The face, the helmet, and the shades look good. But, but, what about a piccy of your wheels? (I think this is what most of the posters around here will be the most critical about. :p)

Koronin - You and your hubby look cool! Is he still driving a semi around the country? Or, am I confusing you with another very rare, yet fellow female poster around these parts?

Heh, that was kind of a stupid joke on my part... I did try to ride my mom's rusty old tricycle a few times, can't say I enjoyed it. I suppose it's like driving a semi-truck in that you have to take wide corners and stuff, other than being able to haul small pieces of furniture on the back rack I don't find it very efficient. (I do admire the occasional tricycle rider I see on the road, though, it takes a different skill set to ride it from a bicycle. Can't even imagine hauling that heavy thing with no derailleurs uphill...)

On the upside mom's tricycle does have disc brakes (none of my bicycles do), so if I want to ride disc brakes I'll have to ride the tricycle. :)

I do too, but mostly because of an assumption (sp?) that people who ride tricycles often have some sort of mobility issues.

TRENDING THREADS