The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

kenk09 said:
yaco said:
TMP402 said:
yaco said:
Question is whether Moscon will be allowed to develop at Sky
Seems to be that you can't be a serious rider till you are 27+
Like 26 year old Rowe?!
How long has Rowe been at Sky.

Fact is Sky don't allow young riders freedom.
That's not really a fact. In their first years Edmondson and Dombrowski were given freedom in races as big as TdS, also in Beijing; Boswell led them in Tour of Austria and Pro Challenge in his first year. Likewise Puccio in races like Tour of Luxembourg. Seb Henao was given complete freedom in THE GIRO as a neo pro. Moscon is quite clearly being given freedom in all sorts of races.
You are discussing minor races. Most riders are 25+ BEFORE they can compete at the highest level of WT but of course their are exceptions. It's this small group of riders that aren't suited to Sky. You go to Sky when you are the finished article or close to it.
 
Feb 6, 2016
1,213
0
0
I think Moscon's results this cobbled season show he's one of those riders who can perform at that kind of level relatively young (not as small a pool as you suggest; anyway, surely the riders that aren't suited to Sky because they're too good too young are by definition close to the finished article. I don't understand your argument.) Sky don't have much experience with neo-pros who come up from outside the British Cycling apparatus, but Astana seem even less promising for a young rider to me, and Superman Lopez seems to be coming on well.
 
Re:

Cannibal72 said:
I think Moscon's results this cobbled season show he's one of those riders who can perform at that kind of level relatively young (not as small a pool as you suggest; anyway, surely the riders that aren't suited to Sky because they're too good too young are by definition close to the finished article. I don't understand your argument.) Sky don't have much experience with neo-pros who come up from outside the British Cycling apparatus, but Astana seem even less promising for a young rider to me, and Superman Lopez seems to be coming on well.
Look at it another way. Which young riders have Sky developed. It's limited but we will get a better idea in the next 5 years seeing Sky is still a new team.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Cannibal72 said:
I think Moscon's results this cobbled season show he's one of those riders who can perform at that kind of level relatively young (not as small a pool as you suggest; anyway, surely the riders that aren't suited to Sky because they're too good too young are by definition close to the finished article. I don't understand your argument.) Sky don't have much experience with neo-pros who come up from outside the British Cycling apparatus, but Astana seem even less promising for a young rider to me, and Superman Lopez seems to be coming on well.
Look at it another way. Which young riders have Sky developed. It's limited but we will get a better idea in the next 5 years seeing Sky is still a new team.
Arguably Froome...
 
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
yaco said:
Cannibal72 said:
I think Moscon's results this cobbled season show he's one of those riders who can perform at that kind of level relatively young (not as small a pool as you suggest; anyway, surely the riders that aren't suited to Sky because they're too good too young are by definition close to the finished article. I don't understand your argument.) Sky don't have much experience with neo-pros who come up from outside the British Cycling apparatus, but Astana seem even less promising for a young rider to me, and Superman Lopez seems to be coming on well.
Look at it another way. Which young riders have Sky developed. It's limited but we will get a better idea in the next 5 years seeing Sky is still a new team.
Arguably Froome...
Froome had been in the peloton for 3 0r 4 years before he joined Sky.
 
The tractor looks to be like a very sharp guy. He takes his responsibility now already, he handles the pressure already like at Settimana Internazionale. If he confirms this, it's totally irrelevant whether Sky is able to develop talents or not in the end.

I mean it's one thing to come up and be very good on a smaller team like Benoot did at Lotto. But Moscon just joined the arguably strongest team in the world as a benjamino and he surprisingly enough takes his duties now already, and lefts his mark now already.

Impressive!
 
I'm well on board the train. His endurance is legit. Did a lot of work and was then still very strong in the final. Dare I say it but this guy looks like he could be competitive at all 5 monuments in the future.
 
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Huge talent. I hope Sky will not turn him into a some kind of a working horse, like they did with Boasson Hagen
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
2
0
Re:

staubsauger said:
Gianni's stepping up now already. Sky Italia demands one Italian starlet at Sky anyway. Ain't gonna be surprised if he might co-lead at the Italian fall classics already. Like at Settimana Internazionale !
I hope so.
Let's just hope that they won't send him to the Giro, he already has 30 racedays and he has been impressive since February, riding a hard gt right now as a neopro wouldn't be a bad idea.
 
Re:

del1962 said:
I wonder if it was Moscon that Tinkov was talking about when he said Sky where signing up future Talent
Pretty sure that was referring to the signings of Landa and Kwiatkowski. I can't see someone like Tinkov knowing a great deal about Moscon before he joined Sky.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY