• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Monte said:
Mr.White said:
We have Michele Bartoli in the making...

He looks good, nice attack. New FDJ pro, 21 year old Odd Kristian Eiking was right behind in 5th place. With Ag2R signing of Sondre Holst Enger it seems we got 2 new 20-21 year olds just like Thor Hushovd coming again after Boasson and Kristoff.

Why Norway produces these and not climbers i have no idea.. We should have climbers like Colombia :D
What? Eiking is a climber/puncheur and is nothing like Thor Hushovd. He's 63 kilos...

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
Interesting (and telling) Sky fact:

Alex Dowsett was their last neo-pro to win a race (the individual time trial at the Tour de Poitou-Charentes and the Tour of Britain in 2011).

In fact I found this more interesting:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gianni-moscon-gives-the-go-ahead-for-a-new-team-sky/
"I wasn't given a career plan when I joined Team Sky," Moscon said. "At every race, I discover myself as much as they discover me.["]

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Pippo_San said:
Best Sky placed rider at the Flanders, already looking really good for Paris Roubaix.
The Tractor is ready for action!!!
And he did a lot of work for Rowe before Rowe's crash.
Rowe was pretty bad in G-W while Moscon on the other hand was really strong before crashing, so I don't know if having Moscon work for Rowe was the right call, but of course Rowe has more experience and better results.
Let's just hope that he gets a protected role in Paris-Roubaix (Stannard should be the team leader).

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, next year he should really be a co-leader/protected rider in both the RVV and Paris-Roubaix.
Moscon himself said that the RVV suits him more than Paris-Roubaix, bu who knows.
He's a humble guy, a proud apple farmer and not a big talker at all, personality wise he's pretty much the polar opposite of Pippo Pozzato. :D
Edit: Apparently he crashed durning one of the first sectors and he also had to change his bike a bit later because of a broken frame. :eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww_MSwaz4Ac

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Yes, next year he should really be a co-leader/protected rider in both the RVV and Paris-Roubaix.
Moscon himself said that the RVV suits him more than Paris-Roubaix, bu who knows.
He's a humble guy, a proud apple farmer and not a big talker at all, personality wise he's pretty much the polar opposite of Pippo Pozzato. :D
Edit: Apparently he crashed durning one of the first sectors and he also had to change his bike a bit later because of a broken frame. :eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww_MSwaz4Ac
Polar opposite of Pippo Pozzato? Well thats a turnoff. :D

He was extremely good in Roubaix last year as well. Always nice to see Italians do well, but not many of them have the star potential of Moscon and they badly need it IMO.

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
AlexNYC said:
Very impressive. Anyone knows how his sprint is? It didn't look great yesterday, but he was probably very tired from trying to get back to the head of the race by that time.

He can already climb, tt, and is good on the cobbles. Now you want him to sprint too? Who is he, Francesco Moser? :)
I believe he can sprint actually, I think past year he led out DVP in a race and finished ahead of him. He also was the final man for Viviani a couple of times I think.
Edit: he was 8th at Nokere Koerse last year:
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Nokere_Koerse_Danilith_Classic_2016

tumblr_inline_nq5vtbOe9d1rbyead_500.jpg

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Team Sky’s Rod Ellingworth drew comparisons between Gianni Moscon and Tom Boonen after the 22-year-old Italian took fifth at Paris-Roubaix on Sunday
Stupidly they try to put more pressure on him instead of Rowe and others :mad:

whats your point caller? are you saying the British team are throwing the young Italian rider under the bus?

maybe they think he will be the next big cobbled rider but hey lets take a negative point anyway...why can't you just take it as a compliant