• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Durden93 said:
huge said:
If I didn't know what happened, some people reaction in here would make me think Moscon has killed someone.
They are calling him a cheater as if he has been rigging races, doping, and God knows what else.
It's a sticky bottle, for Christ sake! And he got what he deserved for that. DQ. That's it.
But it seems there is plenty of virgins in here...

He's a racist and a cheater. Those are two of the most repugnant qualities for any person.

Albasini the racist won a race in Italy 2 weeks ago, I didn’t see comment from you in the topic .......Does Moscon have to wait 3 years until people forgive him or stop to talk about that ?

CTQ said:
Durden93 said:
huge said:
If I didn't know what happened, some people reaction in here would make me think Moscon has killed someone.
They are calling him a cheater as if he has been rigging races, doping, and God knows what else.
It's a sticky bottle, for Christ sake! And he got what he deserved for that. DQ. That's it.

He's a racist and a cheater. Those are two of the most repugnant qualities for any person.

Albasini the racist won a race in Italy 2 weeks ago, I didn’t see comment from you in the topic .......Does Moscon have to wait 3 years until people forgive him or stop to talk about that ?
Important difference - he doesn't have a bunch of posters defending his racist ar.se.

Re:

Pippo_San said:
Looks like still plenty of ***** in here.
I have no respect for these puritans commenting here, that's true. If you'd ever ridden a bike race (you didn't), you'd know that after a high speed crash everything goes blur, and the only thing you think about after you check yourself is to instantly get back to the actual peloton.
People talking here about DECISIONS.
**** them decisions. Those are instants thrown at you at high speed, where your blood is pumping faster than you.
He's a **** 23 years old getting his first big chance in the Worlds. He got DSQ. He got the punishment he deserved.
Enough with it.

This kid's got an INCREDIBLE engine. He's a champion in the making. He can only get better.
The Italian CT Cassani should've resigned, you can't just take the blame and no punishment. Moreover, his was a real decision.
But this kid. Come on.
He'll become special.

You said it, he can only get better............in many ways.

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

Angliru said:
Pennino said:
Thought about it some more and this is definitely not cheating. Maybe it's not 100% correct, but what's the point. He crashed and got a quick tow. But go ahead and cry me a river of useless tears about this, forgetting about all the more important things that are happening to cycling these days.

How is it not cheating? He admittedly caused the crash that took him and Henao out. Luck would have it that his team car was there to motor him up the road all while Henao could only look on as he disappeared up the hill. That is what is called an unfair advantage. To then have him reappear in the lead group and then have the energy to respond to Alaphillipe's attack off of the front just compounds the situation. He and the team ds that was holding the bottle while the car accelerated and pulled him away admit it was wrong but how can they not? It was all captured on camera for all to see.

I think I understand where you are coming from in that it has been common occurrence likely since the sport began but that does not make it right. Now with technological advancements it's being captured much more frequently and played back showing that it really shouldn't be something that is just accepted as the norm. For one it's dangerous for the rider to be towed by a vehicle and secondly it's simply cheating. At its simplest the riders are supposed to propel themselves on bikes, not with the aid of a car.

As I said, it may be not 100% correct, and considering every aspect carefully (as you pointed out, he was with Henao who could only wave goodbye to Moscon, that is a very unlucky aspect in all this) the commissaires may have acted correctly to DSQ him.

But that was not my point. It's the crying about how severe this is. If you love cycling, this is also part of it. Move over.

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
CTQ said:
Durden93 said:
huge said:

Important difference - he doesn't have a bunch of posters defending his racist ar.se.

I presume you're referring to the incident with Reza? I looked it up and it doesn't look like we have the full story. The article also says the two reconciled yheir differences. Do you have a source on something more definitive?

Squire said:
jfazendeiro said:
To who would you compare G. Moscon?
I do follow professional cycling for about 15 years and I don't remember of anyone with similar abilities nor potential.
The only to come close would be G. Hincapie but still he never showed to be as good as a sprinter in low-gradient uphill endings nor as a overall climber.
VDB?

Yup, Frank Vandenbroucke would be pretty close. At the age of 24 he won Paris-Nice, Ghent Wevelgem, LBL and 2 Vuelta stages, one in the mountains I vividly recall viewing (I still have that Vuelta on VHS!), all in the same year.
Of course this was the most productive year of his troubled career.

Durden93 said:
LaFlorecita said:
CTQ said:
Durden93 said:
huge said:

I presume you're referring to the incident with Reza? I looked it up and it doesn't look like we have the full story. The article also says the two reconciled yheir differences. Do you have a source on something more definitive?
Uhh... didn't you call him a racist and cheater in the post quoted above.
The fact that Moscon came out to say he thought it was ridiculous he had to apologize and suffer the consequences of his actions makes it only worse. He clearly doesn't understand racist insults are bad and as a result hasn't learned anything.

Re:

Durden93 said:
Laflorecita, I was referring to Albasini. My apologies.

I'm very confused.
Before Albasini had been mentioned at all, on a post talking all about Moscon, you wrote; "He's a racist and a cheater. Those are two of the most repugnant qualities for any person."

You are now saying that that post was referring to Albasini, who was only mentioned on the forum later? :confused:

Did I miss something?

Ruby United said:
Durden93 said:

I'm very confused.
Before Albasini had been mentioned at all, on a post talking all about Moscon, you wrote; "He's a racist and a cheater. Those are two of the most repugnant qualities for any person."

You are now saying that that post was referring to Albasini, who was only mentioned on the forum later? :confused:

Did I miss something?
Durden said
I think he meant to reply to CTQ, who brought up Albasini. The quote by LaFlorecita got caught inbetween.

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site

kingjr said:
Ruby United said:
Durden93 said:

I'm very confused.

Did I miss something?
Durden said
I think he meant to reply to CTQ, who brought up Albasini. The quote by LaFlorecita got caught inbetween.

Yes, that is correct. My original comment referred to Moscon. My comment on the issue with Reza was a responsr tp Laflorecita's mention of Albasini. Changing gears, could someone tell me how I'd go about bolding a part of a quote?

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Angliru said:
Squire said:
jfazendeiro said:
To who would you compare G. Moscon?
I do follow professional cycling for about 15 years and I don't remember of anyone with similar abilities nor potential.
The only to come close would be G. Hincapie but still he never showed to be as good as a sprinter in low-gradient uphill endings nor as a overall climber.
VDB?

Yup, Frank Vandenbroucke would be pretty close. At the age of 24 he won Paris-Nice, Ghent Wevelgem, LBL and 2 Vuelta stages, one in the mountains I vividly recall viewing (I still have that Vuelta on VHS!), all in the same year.
Of course this was the most productive year of his troubled career.
Vandenbroucke was a beast! I still remember his attack on La Redoute in LBL 1999 on Bartoli, marvellous! Moscon is nowhere close to him so far. Also, if I'm not wrong VDB has never been very competitive at the Paris-Roubaix.

PS: like Moscon, he used to grab cars but of course (and rightly) people didn't care at all about it.
https://youtu.be/O0Vk7ZIsAi0?t=25

Durden93 said:
Yes, that is correct. My original comment referred to Moscon. My comment on the issue with Reza was a responsr tp Laflorecita's mention of Albasini. Changing gears, could someone tell me how I'd go about bolding a part of a quote?
Similar to bolding a part of your own post. Add [b ] [/b ] tags :) The "B" button in the post a reply screen will automatically enter those tags for you

Quote this post to see what it looks like :)

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Echoes said:
Because about Moscon, you have the full story?

Well give me your sources then.

You are very combatitive. You seem to seek out any comment of mine which disagrees with your thoughts, whether or not they have been voiced, and attack me on them. That's not a great way to have the lighthearted discussions this forum is intended for.

To answer your question, Moscon was suspended six weeks by Sky. The team says Moscon recognized his faults and apologized. Moscon, for his part said the accusations were not completely founded, and rationalized his actions by saying he didn't kill anyone. That's not exactly a strong denial of the claims. It's a way of accepting some blame while saying others did something worse. As for the cheating part, he was relegated and there is clear video of the incident.

Durden93 said:
Echoes said:
Because about Moscon, you have the full story?

Well give me your sources then.

You are very combatitive. You seem to seek out any comment of mine which disagrees with your thoughts, whether or not they have been voiced, and attack me on them. That's not a great way to have the lighthearted discussions this forum is intended for.

To answer your question, Moscon was suspended six weeks by Sky. The team says Moscon recognized his faults and apologized. Moscon, for his part said the accusations were not completely founded, and rationalized his actions by saying he didn't kill anyone. That's not exactly a strong denial of the claims. It's a way of accepting some blame while saying others did something worse. As for the cheating part, he was relegated and there is clear video of the incident.

Don't worry about it. Nobody has light-hearted discussions with Echoes. He annoys everyone with his acceptance of racism and cheating but hatred towards the use of drafting (inside a peloton, mind) and his insistence of writing every race name in English (the Walloon Arrow and the Tour of France as the most annoying examples).

Especially because he always claims to be fair on every rider, yet clearly has favourites and non-favourites, so apparently it's okay for Moscon to be racist, while Sagan is just a wheelsucker, or when he attacks, he is just showing off, so that doesn't count and he is a wheelsucker per definition anyway because he occasionally wins sprints. So he is just a wheelsucker and a baby and a rascal, while Moscon is just a young farm boy who is learning his ways in the world and hasn't been told that racism is not a desirable thing for public people. Because how should he know?

Is this paranoia? :eek:

"You seem to seek out any comment of mine which disagrees with your thoughts"

I didn't even realise I had quoted you on so many other occasions! :Neutral:

We know that Albasini called Reza a "dirty nig*er". We don't know what Moscon said. He claimed he used but "one word", that it was an insult and apologised for it but denied any racist intention. It's in his case that we don't know the full story.

Of course I accept racism while denouncing Albasini's comment on this very thread. I can have light-hearted discussions on other boards but apparently not with you. So perhaps a bit of self-introspection won't hurt, will it?

I know that per the code of this era and especially on these boards, being a showoff is appreciated. Sagan has been for years and unlike many claim, he has not changed, quite on the contrary, he is more than ever. Suffer that I cannot stand it. My upbringing prevents me from appreciating it. However a young rider who made an unfortunate comment, nobody knows the nature of, yes I guess there's room of tolerance. But probably not per the code of this era either. Yes I've been labelled racist or a racist apologist here by unscrupulous posters but my conscience is clear and my shoulders are solid enough to accept it. No hard feelings, I've seen worse.

WIth regards to naming in English, I guess we are here on an English-speaking forum, aren't we? It's even been reminded by the mods a few months ago? So yeah most of the time I translate race names into English. As long as the race that is named "Flèche wallonne" in the local language, is called "Waalse Pijl" in Dutch or "Freccia Vallone" in Italian, as long as the race that is historically referred to as "Il Giro di Lombardia" in the local language is called "Le Tour de Lombardie" in my own, I will use the names "Walloon Arrow" and "Tour of Lombardy". Otherwise this is how you'll have to name the Tour of Morocco: طواف المغرب.

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Echoes said:

We know that Albasini called Reza a "dirty nig*er". We don't know what Moscon said. He claimed he used but "one word", that it was an insult and apologised for it but denied any racist intention. It's in his case that we don't know the full story.

Of course I accept racism while denouncing Albasini's comment on this very thread. I can have light-hearted discussions on other boards but apparently not with you. So perhaps a bit of self-introspection won't hurt, will it?

I know that per the code of this era and especially on these boards, being a showoff is appreciated. Sagan has been for years and unlike many claim, he has not changed, quite on the contrary, he is more than ever. Suffer that I cannot stand it. My upbringing prevents me from appreciating it. However a young rider who made an unfortunate comment, nobody knows the nature of, yes I guess there's room of tolerance. But probably not per the code of this era either. Yes I've been labelled racist or a racist apologist here by unscrupulous posters but my conscience is clear and my shoulders are solid enough to accept it. No hard feelings, I've seen worse.

WIth regards to naming in English, I guess we are here on an English-speaking forum, aren't we? It's even been reminded by the mods a few months ago? So yeah most of the time I translate race names into English. As long as the race that is named "Flèche wallonne" in the local language, is called "Waalse Pijl" in Dutch or "Freccia Vallone" in Italian, as long as the race that is historically referred to as "Il Giro di Lombardia" in the local language is called "Le Tour de Lombardie" in my own, I will use the names "Walloon Arrow" and "Tour of Lombardy". Otherwise this is how you'll have to name the Tour of Morocco: طواف المغرب.

So let's see here: You repeatedly defend racist riders and their behavior, and you refuse to acknowledge races in their own language. I'm starting to sense a trend here.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Echoes said:

I 100% agree with you here. And regarding the English vs original language, it is ludicrous

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Durden93 said:
Echoes said:

So let's see here: You repeatedly defend racist riders and their behavior, and you refuse to acknowledge races in their own language. I'm starting to sense a trend here.
This is funny. Look at Italian, French and Spanish:
Milano Sanremo - Milan Sanremo - Milán San Remo
Giro delle Fiandre - Tour des Flandres - Tour de Flandes
Parigi Roubaix - Paris Roubaix - París Roubaix
Liegi Bastogne Liegi - Liège Bastogne Liège - Lieja Bastoña Lieja
Giro di Lombardia - Tour de Lombardie - Giro de Lombardía

TRENDING THREADS