• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

wouterkaas said:
Jspear said:
He’s really helping his reputation.....
FDJ is lending a hand here and so far that's the only side of the story we've heard, so this news is slightly biased...

Just watching French Tv and a journalist close to the FDJ team said that from Reichenbach point of wiew, Moscon thrown him in the pit willingly and that he is going to file a claim against him...

Hard to prove the act however.

It's an interesting coincidence that it happened between Moscon and Reichenbach, of all people, but yeah, without video evidence I'm not going to hold it against Moscon. And frankly, even if it was his fault, that's cycling, unless it was some sort of 100% over the top manoeuvre.

Fair enough.

For the "there's only one side of the story" "bias", I don't think that FDJ would make such an accusation without cause. Too easy for a tape to surface...and Moscon won't give his side of the story, I bet. He won't remember, same BS as always. Easy to pile on, I agree, but it's becoming one after the other. At some point, the "benefit of the doubt" talk becomes lame. He's a punk...until proven otherwise. My $0.02, FWIW.

Tonton said:
Fair enough.

For the "there's only one side of the story" "bias", I don't think that FDJ would make such an accusation without cause. Too easy for a tape to surface...and Moscon won't give his side of the story, I bet. He won't remember, same BS as always. Easy to pile on, I agree, but it's becoming one after the other. At some point, the "benefit of the doubt" talk becomes lame. He's a punk...until proven otherwise. My $0.02, FWIW.

And Sky is not home to punks.

Same crew on here excusing Moscon ....FDJ havent made it up....why would they ..but hey they must have because poor Moscon is so blameless....please such bull

Clear what happened here ..... Moscon was getting back at Reichenbach ..after all his racist tag came via Reichenbach

Smarts of the worst kind of behaviour

But hey for the excusers on here ...its just FDG blowing smoke :rolleyes:

Another day and another chapter in the career of the racist, cheating Moscon

Wonder what he will do next year ?

Re:

hrotha said:
It's an interesting coincidence that it happened between Moscon and Reichenbach, of all people, but yeah, without video evidence I'm not going to hold it against Moscon. And frankly, even if it was his fault, that's cycling, unless it was some sort of 100% over the top manoeuvre.

what ?

To deliberate cause a crash ....that's cycling ?
To hold on to a speeding car going up a hill and ride away from competitors
To call a fellow rider a racist name

Its getting like Donald Trump around here ....what does Moscon have to do to be held to account ?
Storm the UCI ? what ?

Chrispol said:
wouterkaas said:
Jspear said:
FDJ is lending a hand here and so far that's the only side of the story we've heard, so this news is slightly biased...

Just watching French Tv and a journalist close to the FDJ team said that from Reichenbach point of wiew, Moscon thrown him in the pit willingly and that he is going to file a claim against him...

These dasy there is video phone footage everywhere

HelloDolly said:
hrotha said:

what ?

Its getting like Donald Trump around here ....what does Moscon have to do to be held to account ?
Storm the UCI ? what ?
Don't put words in my mouth, learn to read, and also scroll up/go back a page or two to see what I think of Moscon.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Same crew on here excusing Moscon ....FDJ havent made it up....why would they ..but hey they must have because poor Moscon is so blameless....please such bull

Clear what happened here ..... Moscon was getting back at Reichenbach ..after all his racist tag came via Reichenbach

Smarts of the worst kind of behaviour

But hey for the excusers on here ...its just FDG blowing smoke :rolleyes:

Another day and another chapter in the career of the racist, cheating Moscon

Wonder what he will do next year ?
This.

hrotha said:
HelloDolly said:
hrotha said:

what ?

Storm the UCI ? what ?
Don't put words in my mouth, learn to read, and also scroll up/go back a page or two to see what I think of Moscon.

Who put words in your mouth...I replied to what you wrote above ...very clear what your words are ....maybe you should learn to write if you meant something else

Nobody (not me, not FDJ) said anything about "deliberately causing a crash". FDJ talked of "dangerous behaviour", which can be anything. That's what I said cycling is: sometimes someone will make a bad move which will prove dangerous and cause a crash, and unless it was over-the-top it's hardly exceptional or remarkable. Without a video, we can't know how bad it was, or indeed whether it was Moscon's fault at all.

So yeah, learn to read.

HelloDolly said:
Chrispol said:
wouterkaas said:
Jspear said:

These dasy there is video phone footage everywhere

Unfortunately not of every bit of action in a race. You don't always have the volumes of fans on the descents that you have on the climbs themselves.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I think FDJ are being pretty circumspect because given the circumstances they could go a LOT further. Of course coincidences can happen and if you suddenly get a knife in your back and find your mortal enemy behind you he could have just been slicing apples and slipped.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Laplaz said:
I don't believe everything FDJ is saying, it's too easy to blame Moscon nowadays.
Actually FDJ are being very restrained. I'll bet that's not what they're saying in private. One wonders if you have actually bothered to read the articles on this. I wouldn't say "too easy", I would say bleeding obvious. The words grudge and mugging come to mind.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

rata de sentina said:
Laplaz said:
I don't believe everything FDJ is saying, it's too easy to blame Moscon nowadays.
Actually FDJ are being very restrained. I'll bet that's not what they're saying in private. One wonders if you have actually bothered to read the articles on this. I wouldn't say "too easy", I would say bleeding obvious. The words grudge and mugging come to mind.
The point is that all these articles are merely based on FDJ's point of view, mostly the tweet and some French journalist apparently 'close to the team'. Crashes because of 'dangerous behaviour by riders' occur very often, but usually teams don't go as far as pointing the finger in public. Dangerous behaviour could be anything really, from pure clumsiness to deliberately endangering other riders, leaving it very open for interpretation. Given FDJ's (understandable) resentment about what happened earlier this year, they have reasons to stoke up this fire.

Quick question: Do we know if Moscon deliberately caused the crash, or if it was "just" - as FDJ describes it - dangerous riding?
And, yes. I'd say there is a difference.
Theo Bos crashing Daryl Impey at the Tour of Turkey was - very probably - deliberate; you don't literally grab someone and throw them into the barriers without intending for them to crash.
Roberto Ferrari in the Giro on the other hand, while *** stupid, probably wasn't deliberate in the sense that I find it very unlikely that he went "I'm gonna make everyone crash now!" as he swerved wildly across the bunch. However, that doesn't mean Ferrari wasn't responsible for what happened; you are responsible for being aware of what's going on behind you, and also - at least in a sprint - not going off your line.
Likewise I'm not saying that Moscon wasn't responsible for the crash, I'm simply asking if we know whether he did it on purpose.
Did he "just" ride in an unfortunately dangerous way with Reichenbach being the unlucky victim?
Or did he deliberately make Reichenbach crash? (For something that happened months ago.)

Re:

RedheadDane said:
Quick question: Do we know if Moscon deliberately caused the crash, or if it was "just" - as FDJ describes it - dangerous riding?

We don't know anything but commentator Patrick Chassé reported Reichenbach saying Moscon willingly caused the crash and was ready to lodge a complaint against him.

"Same crew" defending Moscon? I've never defended vengeance and if it is clear that he made him crash out of vengeance, I'll not defend him on this issue. As of now he just tweeted he was sorry to hear "that @reichenbach_seb was hurt after there was an accident in today's race. I wish him the best recovery", which trigger wonderful reactions from French side like:

"Et ferme ta gueule fils de pute de raciste, tricheur et malade en plus de ça. Tu mérites la suspension à vie"

(and shut up racist son of a b*tch, cheater and insane on top of that. You deserve a lifetime ban.)

Of course I've never defended racism either but I'm convinced that he's not a racist, more and more as time passes. Sometimes it reminds me Simenon's novel "La mort de Belle" in which a man was accused of a rape and murder while innocent but pressure of the goodthinking gentry, ends up committing a rape and murder.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site

wouterkaas said:
The point is that all these articles are merely based on FDJ's point of view, mostly the tweet and some French journalist apparently 'close to the team'.
FDJ's point of view isn't really required or relevant. Given the facts and the previous history most people can put 2 and 2 together, other people are Moscon's fan club.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

rata de sentina said:
wouterkaas said:
The point is that all these articles are merely based on FDJ's point of view, mostly the tweet and some French journalist apparently 'close to the team'.
FDJ's point of view isn't really required or relevant. Given the facts and the previous history most people can put 2 and 2 together, other people are Moscon's fan club.
It's '2 and 2 together' if that's what you are wanting to read in this incident. FDJ's point of view is relevant, because 'given the facts and the previous history' they've got reasons to defame Moscon. It's something you have to take into account.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Tonton said:
Fair enough.

you're hilarious... when tossatto blamed demare for being a cheater in milan san remo, you were one of the first defenders of demare, always saying that he is a good guy, there wasn't any proof of cheat from demare. Now your argument changed completly, two similar stories of cheaters and you have two different points of view.