• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

vedrafjord said:
Broken elbow is a rotten injury. It will require plenty of titanium. I got one after a trip over the handlebars and I needed two operations and 7 months of physio.

Not only elbow but pelvis ...Marc Madiot is adamant that Moscon is to blame

Pinot has tweeted ' courage warrior ' to Reichenbach

All those on here 'supporting ' Moscon or saying its all just FDJ making it up might have to think again

If he deliberately caused such injuries to a rider then he deserves the book thrown at him...

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Has Sky made an official statement regarding the incident?
The skybunker is in lockdown mode. The silence is deafening. But they have sent out swarms of bots to infest the interwebs with protestations about "lynch mobs" and the like.

If Moscon is being tried by the court of (largely uninformed) public opinion here, then the 'Code of Omerta', the culture of mutual blind eye turning, is also on trial. Unless the two protagonists were right at the back of the peloton, there will have been dozens of witnesses.

Maybe social media is not the appropriate forum for them to say what they saw, but when asked, by those who have a right to know, speak up guys, whatever you saw. The worst outcome from this would not be a suspension for Moscon or a censure for Reichenbach, but failure to resolve the issue for lack of evidence.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
http://m.leparisien.fr/amp/sports/cyclisme/chute-de-reichenbach-madiot-la-on-ne-rigole-plus-04-10-2017-7308873.php
So Seb out for at least 3-4 months, complaint has been filed and they expect UCI will call in witnesses. Madiot says he trusts Reichenbach - he's not the kind to BS ("c'est un calme"). Madiot thinks Moscon came off light with the racism incident because Reza didn't want to push it further AND Sky's suspension of Moscon was conveniently in his recovery period (so he wouldn't have raced much anyway).

Re: Re:

bigcog said:
HelloDolly said:
Moscon on the startlist for Milan Torino tomorrow ...wonder if that is wise

Yeah why not ? You think FDJ may try something ? Would be a bit daft to have a pop at him in an italian race.

All parties will be on heightened alert

I tend to agree with the Cycling Podcast that if Moscon was not so talented he maybe (have been) dealth with more harshly

https://twitter.com/cycling_podcast/status/915846179937759234

It is amazing how people are so quick to give a definitive judgement of what happens based only on one side of the story. Just because they don't like the guy... wonder if they were real life judges! People convicted even before entering a courtroom.

There are 3 possible stories in this case, at moment all equally true, until we hear what the witnesses say:

1) Moscon did push on purpose off the road Reichenbach as the latter has claimed
2) It was a non voluntary race accident, which Reichenbach took as voluntary instead
3) Moscon is not responsible at all of Reichenbach accident

Also, the fact that allegedly Moscon pushed Reichenbach off the road because of the Reza affair is currently total speculation, for what we know. And we only know what Reichenbach has said.

I could come up with an equally "interesting" story.
Reichenbach had an accident in his own, but FDJ took the opportunity to blame it on Moscon seeking revenge for the Reza affair, as they think the guy was not punished for what he said at the time.

Total speculation... but I guess plenty of people would like it.

As said, before hearing both parties and above all independent third party witnesses, judging a person only because of personal dislikes is more than wrong.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Re:

huge said:
It is amazing how people are so quick to give a definitive judgement of what happens based only on one side of the story. Just because they don't like the guy... wonder if they were real life judges! People convicted even before entering a courtroom.
Sure that would be amazing if it were true but it's not. You and your ilk bandy around hyperbole like "definitive" and "hung drawn and quartered" and other childish strawman type statements. Unless it has escaped your attention this is a discussion forum not a court. No one is obliged to conform to legal requirements of evidence in a discussion. No one is making definitive judgements but there is a certain amount of background evidence that isn't just from the individuals involved. Based upon the existence of a known motive most intelligent people would not be surprised if it turns out that Moscon is actually responsible. Whereas in contrast they would be absolutely gobsmacked if it turns out Reichenbach is just making it up and fell off on his own.

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

huge said:
Reichenbach had an accident in his own, but FDJ took the opportunity to blame it on Moscon seeking revenge for the Reza affair, as they think the guy was not punished for what he said at the time.

Sound like the most likely version .... :confused: :rolleyes:

so basically you are saying Sebastian Reichenbach is making a false accusation (as he went on to press criminal charges against Moscon) .....

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

loge1884 said:
huge said:

so basically you are saying Sebastian Reichenbach is making a false accusation (as he went on to press criminal charges against Moscon) .....

In fact, Reichenbach doesn't even exist. He is merely a projection of your own witchhunt against San Gianni. It's Reza's own fault he is black and he should be called out for it and it's the team car who held on to the entity that is called Moscon. A crash? How can you can make someone crash when said person doesn't even exist?

I call for a wake in the name of Gianni Moscon. A wake held in one of Rupert Murdoch's summer houses, a wake in which will be announced that if anyone ever has the guts to call out Gianni Moscon, the true leader of (wo)men, he gets imprisoned and can rot to death like anyone else who doesn't fit into the sacred values of xenophobia, bigotry and class war the Murdoch empire holds so dear.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Der Effe said:
loge1884 said:
huge said:

In fact, Reichenbach doesn't even exist. He is merely a projection of your own witchhunt against San Gianni. It's Reza's own fault he is black and he should be called out for it and it's the team car who held on to the entity that is called Moscon. A crash? How can you can make someone crash when said person doesn't even exist?

I call for a wake in the name of Gianni Moscon. A wake held in one of Rupert Murdoch's summer houses, a wake in which will be announced that if anyone ever has the guts to call out Gianni Moscon, the true leader of (wo)men, he gets imprisoned and can rot to death like anyone else who doesn't fit into the sacred values of xenophobia, bigotry and class war the Murdoch empire holds so dear.
Wow, that was a big leap!

Der Effe said:

Amen.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
http://m.leparisien.fr/amp/sports/cyclisme/chute-de-reichenbach-madiot-la-on-ne-rigole-plus-04-10-2017-7308873.php
Marc Madiot is ticked off. Where are the Sagan fans and their frame by frame videos when you need them :p ? So we can tell if a piece of fruit or cr@p is to blame. I'm keeping it light, but it's really serious.

Tonton said:
HelloDolly said:
Marc Madiot is ticked off. Where are the Sagan fans and their frame by frame videos when you need them :p ? So we can tell if a piece of fruit or cr@p is to blame. I'm keeping it light, but it's really serious.

Frame by frame video is not the proof for UCI, that is what Sagan fans learned this summer. :D .

Anyway, I do not think the public need frame by frame video. I think peloton knows the truth and sooner or later peloton will handle either Moscon or Reichenbach.

But as UCI changed the leadership I am afraid Moscon in Sky jersey will have a hard time next year. Definitely, his action will be under the bigger microscope then the most other guys in the peloton.

TRENDING THREADS