• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

rata de sentina said:
franic said:
And in the main attack at the WC. I consider his (and Alaphilippe's) performance in Bergen as a podium
I don't think that counts, he had fresher legs than anyone else in the race.
I think you people are blowing this sticky bottle out of proportions.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Breh said:
rick james said:
If we were to call out all the small things like that then the peloton wouldn't be starting most races
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lequipe-claims-team-sky-filmed-riders-holding-onto-ag2r-team-car-at-the-vuelta-a-espana/

Bardet, Nibali, Moscon... deserved to be disqualified. These are not minor things.

You could argue that 2 irrelevant domestiques from a GC-irrelevant team getting a tow is a minor thing.

Anyway, your opinion doesn't really matter.
The fact that you don't care at all about listening to the opinion of somebody else (whether the opinion makes sense or not is a different matter) tells me a lot about you...

franic said:
Breh said:
rick james said:
If we were to call out all the small things like that then the peloton wouldn't be starting most races
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lequipe-claims-team-sky-filmed-riders-holding-onto-ag2r-team-car-at-the-vuelta-a-espana/

Bardet, Nibali, Moscon... deserved to be disqualified. These are not minor things.

You could argue that 2 irrelevant domestiques from a GC-irrelevant team getting a tow is a minor thing.

Anyway, your opinion doesn't really matter.
The fact that you don't care at all about listening to the opinion of somebody else (whether the opinion makes sense or not is a different matter) tells me a lot about you...

I've read his opinion and answered his post. I don't know why you think that I don't care about his opinion.

Moscon has been punished for cheating. Rick James' opinion is not going to change that. I don't agree with 1+1=2 but my opinion on this doesn't really matter.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I think the animosity towards him is an accumulation of all his offensive behavior, not a single isolated incident. personally, I think the likes of he and Nacer could leave the sport and cycling would be better off.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
A funny situation. You would think if it's black and white then rider testimony makes it an open and shut case.
When you are gathering evidence you try to get everything you can. Eyewitness, video, whatever.. Seems a perfectly logical approach.

Re:

Nirvana said:
Reichembach appealed to justice so he needs clear evidences, witnesses are not enough.
In italian law there is the principle that you need to be found guilty beyond any reasonable doubt (colpevole oltre ogni regionevole dubbio), if the judge or the court think that there is a doubt you can't be condemned.
That's common also in other (European) national laws. That doesn't imply that witnesses are not enough though - it depends. He's just trying to make his case as strong as possible which is perfectly logical and wise thing to do - especially in the world/time where people watch races/matches through their smartphone lenses even if they are physically present at the event :D

rata de sentina said:
yaco said:
A funny situation. You would think if it's black and white then rider testimony makes it an open and shut case.
When you are gathering evidence you try to get everything you can. Eyewitness, video, whatever.. Seems a perfectly logical approach.

I am fully aware of the situation but when Reichenbach, rather than the police is asking the public for help, it suggests he may not have a strong case.

I will also add that if i was the police, i would be upset that Reichenbach is going public in the middle of an investigation. Strange indeed.

May 28, 2012
Visit site

yaco said:
rata de sentina said:
yaco said:

I am fully aware of the situation but when Reichenbach, rather than the police is asking the public for help, it suggests he may not have a strong case.

I will also add that if i was the police, i would be upset that Reichenbach is going public in the middle of an investigation. Strange indeed.

If I were Moscon with confidence in my innocence, my smartest move would now be to join the search for images/video. Or at least pretend to do so on twitter.

I see on Twitter that Sky have given their Young Rider of the Year Award to Moscon. A little controversial to say the least when you take into account his 3 month ban etc etc. Another nail in the coffin of Sky's so called high ideals for me.

Pentacycle said:
yaco said:
rata de sentina said:
yaco said:

If I were Moscon with confidence in my innocence, my smartest move would now be to join the search for images/video. Or at least pretend to do so on twitter.

That would mean something for his public image maybe, but for the police investigation and the court it would mean nothing.

mariposa said:
I see on Twitter that Sky have given their Young Rider of the Year Award to Moscon. A little controversial to say the least when you take into account his 3 month ban etc etc. Another nail in the coffin of Sky's so called high ideals for me.

Definitely controversial after the racism incident, though Reichenbach's public plea does put doubt in the strength of his case.

For purely on the bike performance, nobody else came close. I dont even care about the sticky bottle incident, the vast majority of pros have done it at some point during their career when the cameras aren't filming, and some top riders when they are filming.

Pricey_sky said:
mariposa said:

Definitely controversial after the racism incident, though Reichenbach's public plea does put doubt in the strength of his case.
For purely on the bike performance, nobody else came close. I dont even care about the sticky bottle incident, the vast majority of pros have done it at some point during their career when the cameras aren't filming, and some top riders when they are filming.

Personally I think that the racism alone should have been enough for Sky not to have given him this accolade. There are other, less public, ways of letting the guy know that he is appreciated by them.
On the latest Reichenbach allegations I will wait and see what evidence there is before judging. I don't necessarily think that Reichenbach's public plea undermines his case he may just feel that the Police and or UCI aren't asking so he might as well. I would have thought that there is very little chance of any video etc evidence being found now though. In fact I would have thought that it would have been on Twitter that day if it existed with everyone seemingly wanting their 5 minutes of fame.

I agree completely about his on the bike performance. Rider of the year shouldn't just be about this though. Although normally there wouldn't be anything else to think about with most riders. I wouldn't normally worry about the sticky bottle either but just think that after everything else that has happened to him it adds another veneer of things not being quite right.

If anything Reichenbach public plea strenghtens his allegations (in the public if not in a court) as he must believe that any video evidene would collaborate his side

Moscon as young rider of the year award at SKY highlights everything about how SKY just dont get it when it comes to public relations and team promotion among the fans

But I guess wining is all that matters to SKY !!
Makes you wonder

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I don't know how you can have someone who was top five in two monuments and a key domestique in a Grand Tour victory at the age of 23 and not call him the young rider of the team's season. No one else at Sky has even come close. Who else could you choose? Geoghegan Hart for his performance in the Hammer Series? Jon Dibben for his TT win in California ahead of Bookwalter and Talansky? Owain Doull for his ninth place at the Tour of Britain? Sebastian Henao for his fifth place on a stage of the Giro?

Re:

CTQ said:
if he had been fired at the end of the season, he would have found another team. it is hypocritical to think otherwise. he has too much talent
And then he could have the attitude 'well you knew who you were signing' and then behave as he pleases. But in the current situation he will probably (hopefully) feel some debt and responsibility to Sky for their support and behave himself better.

It pains me reading this thread nowadays.
Although I am usually quite critical of Moscon, the absolute hate that I find on here constantly makes me more sympathetic towards him.

Some people really know how to over-react and judge other people based on very little information. It's often as if they have known him his whole life!

Is Moscon a good person? Is he a bad person? No-one really knows. We have very little information to determine either way. It is clear he made at least one big mistake this year (hence why I am critical of him), but the way some people him treat him is disgraceful!

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
2 things :
- Moscon has already a pretty bad reputation and pending results of the Tre Varesine thing, it might get a lot worse and might even derail his career. Let's wait and see what happens.
- In terms of results he has been a monster this year and of course he should be Sky's young rider of the year. I don't see how it could be any different.

Ruby United said:
It pains me reading this thread nowadays.
Although I am usually quite critical of Moscon, the absolute hate that I find on here constantly makes me more sympathetic towards him.

Some people really know how to over-react and judge other people based on very little information. It's often as if they have known him his whole life!

Is Moscon a good person? Is he a bad person? No-one really knows. We have very little information to determine either way. It is clear he made at least one big mistake this year (hence why I am critical of him), but the way some people him treat him is disgraceful!
As a wise man once said, 'Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions'

TRENDING THREADS