• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
If I support a sports team, I generally prefer them not to sign racist thugs even if they are very talented.

Being a thug wouldn't be so much the problem per se, if he had more self-control and stayed on the edge of the rulebook instead of right in the middle, and in front of the cameras.

But racism is never acceptable, and Moscon appears to be too stupid to have a place in the peloton.

rick james said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
yaco said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
yaco said:
Well if Sky fires Moscon then I hope Mitchelton Scott is first in line to recruit him - This guy can win classics.

If I support a sports team, I generally prefer them not to sign racist thugs even if they are very talented.

You are hardly standing on the 'higher ground' using words like thugs - The strangest thing is the affected party Kevin Reza wants to get on with his life but some continually reference the issue - The bottom line is talented riders find teams.

He’s just been thrown out of the Tour de France for violent behaviour. A rider has previously accused him of deliberately causing him to crash, although that allegation is unproven. So thug.

He has racially abused a coworker. So racist.

Neither word should be at all controversial to anyone except those looking to excuse racist thugs. Yes he’s talented, he’s also scum. Yes he will find a team, if Sky boots him, after all this is a sport dominated by people with all the ethical sense of hungry rats.

you can't really call him a thug then

Did your ability to read temporarily switch off when your eyes passed over my first sentence. Here it is again, just in case: “He’s just been thrown out of the Tour de France for violent behaviour”

Secondly, you seem somewhat confused about the nature of UCI disciplinary processes. They determine whether sufficient evidence exists for the UCI to impose some kind of professional sanction. They do not determine what any of the rest have to believe about any particular incident.

Re:

rick james said:
After the footage, no one is getting sacked from Sky....

honest to f*ck we had fans trying to punch Froome yet moscon throwing slap has caused more of a uproar for some of you lot

What a bizarre comparison. If another rider punches Froome, he’s a thug and should face a significant suspension. None of us have particularly high expectations of the behaviour of the lunatic fringe of fans.

Mayo from Mayo said:
rick james said:
After the footage, no one is getting sacked from Sky....

honest to f*ck we had fans trying to punch Froome yet moscon throwing slap has caused more of a uproar for some of you lot

Stand down. Sky have accepted the commissaire's decision, apologised and will investigate further at end of tour.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/22/magnus-cort-nielsen-wins-stage-15-of-toue-de-france-in-sprint-finish
of course they have...they have no choice but to do so

Re:

King Boonen said:
I’ve watched the video, it’s not even obvious he really made contact. No one around him reacts, the Fortuneo rider doesn’t react. Did other riders make any statements about it?
Trying to punch someone in the face is as bad as actually punching someone in the face, you don't get credit for being rubbish at fighting.

Singer01 said:
King Boonen said:
I’ve watched the video, it’s not even obvious he really made contact. No one around him reacts, the Fortuneo rider doesn’t react. Did other riders make any statements about it?
Trying to punch someone in the face is as bad as actually punching someone in the face, you don't get credit for being rubbish at fighting.
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen plenty of videos of people lashing out in races and never getting sanctioned. Just because he’s a scumbag doesn’t mean he should be treated differently with respect to the rules. I’m now looking for the Fortuneo statement.

King Boonen said:
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen plenty of videos of people lashing out in races and never getting sanctioned. Just because he’s a scumbag doesn’t mean he should be treated differently with respect to the rules. I’m now looking for the Fortuneo statement.
Sky's statement acknowledges that this was bad, inexcusable and grounds for a disqualification. I don't know what else you need.
https://twitter.com/Fortuneo_Samsic/status/1021098487021297664

HelloDolly said:
King Boonen said:

Fortuneo team did
giphy.gif

hrotha said:
King Boonen said:
Sky's statement acknowledges that this was bad, inexcusable and grounds for a disqualification. I don't know what else you need.
seen Nacer Bouhanni do worse and only get a fine

King Boonen said:
Singer01 said:
King Boonen said:
I agree, but i think people should be kicked out for this so i can't feel much sympathy for him, if others get away with it that's the problem, not him being sanctioned (IMO).

hrotha said:
King Boonen said:
Sky released a standard press release.

Fortuneo say it was a punch (unless my French is really rubbish?), it clearly wasn’t a punch by any definition of the word. I’ve seen angry arm waving in people’s faces go unpunished before so I would like more information before I make my own mind up about it.

TRENDING THREADS