• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

bigcog said:
What a tool. Wonder what triggered it ? Did he say something to him ?

Let's face it, based on his past form it might have been 'Hello'. The lad is a total melt.

I'd have thought after his being warned about his future conduct by Sky after the Reza incident and then only being cleared over the Reichenbach crash a month ago, anybody with half a brain would be super-focused on keeping a low profile. Clearly he doesn't have the degree of self-control needed to do that. I won't be shocked if Sky get rid of him after their internal enquiry because no team needs a clown like this constantly dragging their name (further) into the mud.

Looks like Moscon has decided that he wants to be a "puncheur" kind of rider.

Clearly has anger issues even though the claimed "punch" looks nothing like it on video.

I guess if Sagan can get DSQ for his elbows then Moscon gets the same punishment for striking out with his arm.

Re: Re:

rick james said:
hrotha said:
King Boonen said:
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen plenty of videos of people lashing out in races and never getting sanctioned. Just because he’s a scumbag doesn’t mean he should be treated differently with respect to the rules. I’m now looking for the Fortuneo statement.
Sky's statement acknowledges that this was bad, inexcusable and grounds for a disqualification. I don't know what else you need.
https://twitter.com/Fortuneo_Samsic/status/1021098487021297664
seen Nacer Bouhanni do worse and only get a fine

This is your tenth straight what about...... post.
You need to move on to straw men.

Re:

ebandit said:
FFS it's the TDF not ones local bar..........how hard could be to act correctly with the eyes of the world watching?

while being obviously dangerous it was more of a 'girly' slap than a punch anyone heard what provoked this response?

Mark L

I think it was a nudge, so I am suprised he hasn't done it to Froome before, maybe in training

Re:

ebandit said:
FFS it's the TDF not ones local bar..........how hard could be to act correctly with the eyes of the world watching?

while being obviously dangerous it was more of a 'girly' slap than a punch anyone heard what provoked this response?

Mark L

I suspect it was partly in the fact that he misled Sky/commissaires. According to article, he said he didn't touch anyone, but video evidence then proved otherwise. And, also partly what was said to provoke the altercation. And also partly his history...

yaco said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
yaco said:
Well if Sky fires Moscon then I hope Mitchelton Scott is first in line to recruit him - This guy can win classics.

If I support a sports team, I generally prefer them not to sign racist thugs even if they are very talented.

You are hardly standing on the 'higher ground' using words like thugs - The strangest thing is the affected party Kevin Reza wants to get on with his life but some continually reference the issue - The bottom line is talented riders find teams.

Of course Reza wants to just ride his bike but Moscon's every transgression keeps that particular incident alive among fans and the media. If Moscon would just behave we wouldn't be here having this discussion.

Re:

jarvo said:
Lars Boom was banned by the UCI for throwing a punch at the Tour of Norway earlier this year, so i guess that is the precedent set for this type of behaviour?

It is. Javi Moreno was thrown out of the Giro last year, Grivko got a long suspension, Rovny and Brambilla were thrown out after their altercation.

I really don't understand the people not understanding Moscon's disqualification. It's as blatant as they come.

tobydawq said:
jarvo said:
Lars Boom was banned by the UCI for throwing a punch at the Tour of Norway earlier this year, so i guess that is the precedent set for this type of behaviour?

It is. Javi Moreno was thrown out of the Giro last year, Grivko got a long suspension, Rovny and Brambilla were thrown out after their altercation.

I really don't understand the people not understanding Moscon's disqualification. It's as blatant as they come.

My point being a 1 month ban is more likely a punishment than being sacked from his contract. The way the statement reads after the Reza incident reads to me a further racist act would not be tolerated. This will be classed as a different type of incident, most likely in him missing the Vuelta. From a PR standpoint i would suggest Sky should say that's his season done, no more racing until next year, might appease some people

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site

del1962 said:
Two month ban would be longer than Grivko got, which was a worse incident as he drew blood
Well we will see. UCI knows Moscon is dirty, he has prior form. Unfortunately the incident with the major injuries was not on camera and UCI was too gutless to follow through on the victims evidence. If Moscon took to Reichenbach in a dark alley with an iron bar I am pretty sure the legal system would take a different view. Anyway, now that DB has insulted the UCI prez and the French maybe Sky do not have so much influence to make Moscon's transgressions "go away".

del1962 said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

I think it was a nudge, so I am suprised he hasn't done it to Froome before, maybe in training

Moscon was trying to police who went in the break. Gesbert tried multiple times to get Barguil in the break. Moscon did not approve, showed his disapproval with a *** slap on Gesbert.

TRENDING THREADS