• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Giro Live on the Internet...for free

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mellow Velo said:
Yes, it is still prone to malfunction. This year, their Het Volk coverage was BLANK.

Perhaps that was on your side of the pond? I'm pretty positive I watched HV on cycling.tv this year. I remember seeing Rabobank animate things, the crash at the end and listening to the announcers trying hard to remember to say Het Nieuwsblad instead of Het Volk.

Been with cycling.tv for several years with a one year break. They've definitely had their issues, but I've been very happy with this year's coverage thus far. Still not perfect but it's constantly improving and if you're a big cycling fan from the US I think it's worth the money. I guess it's not such a great deal for Europeans, but at least you guys get some regular TV coverage, right? We get the Tour(if you have Versus) and maybe the ToC - that's pretty much it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Torrents may be the way to go. Not live but convenient.

Which ones? PirateBay is well at Bay now.

I'm surprised the Italians charge so much for their feed then give it away via the internet during the Giro? Seems like watching in Italian is way cheaper for me at the very least.

jaylew said:
Perhaps that was on your side of the pond?

Maybe. I say maybe because I had a nice little e-mail from them apologising for failing to bring us the HN/N and KBK, but since I no longer subscribe, I wouldn't know for sure!:eek:
Others, who do rely on them, told me they'd been blacked out.
I watched them on tv, as I do many Euro races.;)

True that the US gets many races that don't get shown in Europe, so better value.
Must have something to do with tv rights.

Fact is, there's a huge amount of races, now being broadcast. You just need to know where to look.

Mellow Velo said:
Fact is, there's a huge amount of races, now being broadcast. You just need to know where to look.

Agreed. I went without TV altogether for a year but I was almost always able to find anything I really wanted to watch online somewhere. If it's being broadcast, you can generally find it on the internet somewhere if you're diligent in your search. Sometimes it might require downloading a different player or some other piece of software but it can be done.

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
Agree on Harmon and Kelly, once you get used to Sean's accent (those of us on this side of the pond).

ah seans great.. if theres no action just play the *how many times will sean say "certainTly" in the next half hour game*

i havnt looked at what eurosport are doing here yet.. im assuming fairly extensive..

if not myp2p.eu to fall back on they will have multiple feeds in multiple languages... p2p.eu should have it covered, most of it should be straight media player content but doesnt hurt to have everything tvu, soppy, ainties downloaded and installed ready just in case..

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Before you all go running off and paying your 99 dollars for what if you live in the UK used to be good but has subsequently turned crap....yep cycling.tv. They have a reputation for promising stuff and it not materailising.

Check out http://www.cyclingfans.com. and http://www.steephilltv.com both provide daily accurate up to date live web streaming of all the televised races.

Also, asiaplate , NOS1, Sporza live match centre, justin tv all provide daily coverage of all the big european races.

and its all FREE!......downside usually in the country of orgin language but hey its free and you get culture thrown in.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
lookkg386 said:
All I can say is god bless SBS in Australia :D

Meh... Not sure an half hour highlight show is really worth it, especially if it's the Phil and Paul love show with PostalDiscoAstana. But I guess a 5 hour live stage telecasts is asking a little too much :rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The latest "rumor" is that now the Giro will be televised in the US...any body out there got the specifics? Versus...CBS...?

The Lance Factor is growing by the minute.

Robert Merivel said:
The latest "rumor" is that now the Giro will be televised in the US...any body out there got the specifics? Versus...CBS...?

Yes!!!

Now for free, on NBC Universal!

If you have a satellite dish, it's probably on channel 119 or so. Look for it. If not, there will be both streaming and on demand at that website. NBC Universal also does an excellent job of webcasting. Lots of bandwidth, and very good quality coverage. Their webcasting tops MLB and the NBA as far as quality. And they have deeper pockets than NeuLion (who owns/runs Cycling.TV) by far.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Yes!!!

Now for free, on NBC Universal!

If you have a satellite dish, it's probably on channel 119 or so. Look for it. If not, there will be both streaming and on demand at that website. NBC Universal also does an excellent job of webcasting. Lots of bandwidth, and very good quality coverage. Their webcasting tops MLB and the NBA as far as quality. And they have deeper pockets than NeuLion (who owns/runs Cycling.TV) by far.

Molte grazie...for all your informative posts.

Ciao

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Great Links

Robert Merivel said:
I've seen some live cycling events and a Motogp race this year on this site...

<http://goalfanzine.com/.
http://goalfanzine.com/

it was free. This site doesn't always work.

Anyone else have recommended sites that may work?

Gotta see the Giro.

This link is what i use all the time Robert, great link, always seems to find the best possible stream and if possible nearly always in English.