• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 208 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
there was an article early on in the year already saying that he'd have more an eye on the road in 2023 - but obviously this was expected to be with Tudor. No idea how he ended up at Q36.5 instead now, despite his strong link to BMC.

but in the meanwhile strong rumors that he signed with Scott-Sram MTB for 2023, and Q36,5 will have Scott bikes too.

that both sound like good reasons, yeah - and a mainly Italian speaking team could of course be a better fit for him as well.

Here's a video interview with him where he talks a bit about his plans for he future. Maybe one of you guys can offer a quick translation of the key parts:

Edit: Streamable link, in case it's geo-restricted: https://streamable.com/xd2kr5

Last edited:
Reactions: Axel Hangleck
first part about Nibali and how he's ambassador for the project, then says for sure I am focused on mountain bike in the coming year but that does not mean I want to deprive myself of this opportunity on the road and this project will be the best solution for sure
many new people many young people it follows few expectations for results but a very solid structure
paris is a project in the near future already for me have to test what works best to be at hundred percent there
to ride more on the road serves also to find out how much I like it for real, for the moment no I like mountain bike a lot and still have many objectives and races and much to do in that discipline
at the moment still all in for mountain bike but not to say in the future another road will not open up

Yet another rider whose name is a lie!
Yeah, but I remember him, Almeida and that punchy Moroccan rider who's name I can't remember atm being the best riders on the former unieuro team one season.
Edit: that was Zahiri. Another rider who could have gotten a chance at pct level. 15th on the gc in the baby Giro and top 20 in both Valle d'Aosta and Adriatica Ionica race. A decent climber with a decent sprint from a reduced group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
So Simone Raccani has signed with Eolo-Kometa, after being reported to go to the Quickstep developmental team. I say this, they seem a lot more capable than modern day Bardiani and Scinto when it comes to developing riders and now they have a nice block of young talents with him, Fancellu, Piganzoli and Tercero.

Meanwhile Quickstep's developmental team signed Andrea Raccagni, who's gonna tell them that they went full Big Lebowski and got the wrong dude (pun intended)?

Yeah, but I remember him, Almeida and that punchy Moroccan rider who's name I can't remember atm being the best riders on the former unieuro team one season.
Edit: that was Zahiri. Another rider who could have gotten a chance at pct level. 15th on the gc in the baby Giro and top 20 in both Valle d'Aosta and Adriatica Ionica race. A decent climber with a decent sprint from a reduced group.

In slightly similar vein I’d hoped for more from Omar El Gouzi this season.

In slightly similar vein I’d hoped for more from Omar El Gouzi this season.
I've been frustrated with the way Bardiani have been using him. The guy was always super constant as a stage racer, never the best, but never a bad day. Back in 2019 the guy already outclimbed Ruben Fernandez and Pronskiy on the Großglockner (he also finished 30th on the Horn), before even turning 20. They should have send him to more than just 4 stage races and mainly harder ones with consecutive big mountain stages, since his recovery seems to be his biggest strength.

First rider to (officially) join the Q Team.

314370921_2787839378017059_4622778549336551426_n.jpg

It’s quite simple actually. The Tudors are the ones with Henry VIII and Elizabeth I and Q 36.5 are the ones without royalty but with 23 riders and 13.5 staff members I assume.

I doubt the Tudors I'm referring to will sign anyone named 'Elizabeth', and the list of active Henrys - according to PCS - doesn't exactly include any major names. Though, it does include a 'Lord', and - confusingly - a 'York'.

It’s quite simple actually. The Tudors are the ones with Henry VIII and Elizabeth I and Q 36.5 are the ones without royalty but with 23 riders and 13.5 staff members I assume.
Are you suggesting Nibali isn't royalty?

I'm also not looking forward to some of the race reports for the Tudor team next year when it goes wrong. Riders are going to be Divorced from their teammates, others will be Be headed back to the bunch, and some will have Died from the pace being set. Another one will be Divorced from the peloton while others Be headed back to the team car. Fortunately if this is a race with six riders in the final one will have Survived.

Clearly you mean the other guys, since you, as we've known since yesterday, don't see team colours.

I don't (consciously) use team names when I just think about the teams inside my head. When I write about them here, I am in fact nice enough to use team names, even if I use shortened versions of said names. Including a name that could make you think I'm talking about a former ruling family of England.

• Haha
I don't (consciously) use team names when I just think about the teams inside my head. When I write about them here, I am in fact nice enough to use team names, even if I use shortened versions of said names. Including a name that could make you think I'm talking about a former ruling family of England.
Well let's hope there isn't a Team Battenberg. That could be confusing between the place, a historic family and a cake