• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 215 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What do you guys think about the BB Hotels team collapse? It‘s one of the most important topics in the moment.

I think it‘s a sad story. How is it possible that you ride the Tour in July, and completely collapse four or five months after? From Top-25 (teams) in the world, to Zero. I cannot understand how this could even happen…

from the moment I heard the news in July I had the "too good to be true" feeling.

super backing, Paris, Cav, big sponsors. for a team like B&B? I don't know. it's 50-50. Pineau selling it before it was sure, and the backer pulling out

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
I actually thought it would be the other way round; that riders with personal bike sponsors would be the really good riders, whereas would just have to ride whatever bikes their teams ride on.
ah, you managed to reply before I deleted that part (as Houle was on a different bike at Ag2r - I misremembered that) ;)

I think both cases exist. Also Bingoal got some Italians together with de Rosa bikes on from last year, for example, although Tizza or A. Viviani aren't exactly standout riders.