• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 303 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
IMHO that's the main point. If Uijtdebroeks ends up as domestique for Roglic, while Vlasov gets Giro d'Italia leadership due to the hierarchy implemented by the attack I understand why Uijtdebroeks is angry.

In that case there's an open spot at Francaise des Jeux for Giro d'Italia and/or Vuelta a Espana leadership. Especially since Uijtdebroeks was superior to Martinez in Spain.
Unless Ineos gets Remco, they should start already now poaching for Uijtdebroeks for 2025. Same for JV if they don't keep Remco after the merger.

Didn't know he was angry because Aleks attacked on the run-in to La Cruz de Linares. Thought it was about another stage. Then, imho, he is not right and looks kind of selfish in his own way.

That move did not jeopardize or compromise his position, yet could be positive for the team if they had let Vlasov take a two minute gap for free. Also Aleks worked for him when he was caught.

Reactions: Sandisfan
IMHO that's the main point. If Uijtdebroeks ends up as domestique for Roglic, while Vlasov gets Giro d'Italia leadership due to the hierarchy implemented by the attack I understand why Uijtdebroeks is angry.
I don't think that will be the case. Uijtdebroeks will get shared leadership at the Giro with one of Hindley/Vlasov/Martinez, and the first week will decide who is the leader. Uijtdebroeks wasn't planned to ride the TDF, so I don't see them change these plans just to be a domestique for Roglic. If everything goes according to plan, Uijtdebroeks will take over from Roglic when his contract ends in 2 years. Great opportunity for Roglic to become a mentor of Uijtdebroeks.

Based on how Hindley rode his last GT I don't know why he should claim leadership over Uijtdebroeks or Vlasov. Hindley was only 7th in the Tour, and part of it was due to letting him get away in an early attack.

He only started losing places after his crash. He'd have finished much higher.

So you think a guy who has won one GT (not 5 years ago but last season) and came very close another time should not get leadership over guys who never even came close to a GT podium?

Roglic leads TDF and Hindley leads il Giro while going to the Tour as superdomestique. They other guys get planned around that. Not too hard to do.

Landa on some random twitch stream saying he has no idea what's going on, same with Evenepoel if he is to be believed.

French twitter currently shilling Uijtdebroeks to FDJ as apparently he is unhappy.

Silly season started early this time around.

just rumors. I pray for him not to join the French. FDJ is good for the French. also Cian knows Roglic's coach. Bora has no hurry, they can plan with a long view. stay the fck there Cian!

In that case there's an open spot at Francaise des Jeux for Giro d'Italia and/or Vuelta a Espana leadership. Especially since Uijtdebroeks was superior to Martinez in Spain.

Keep in mind that Francaise des Jeux also trained Pinot in descending. So that might be tempting.
FDJ did not train Pinot in descending. They did send him to MTB descender Oscar Saiz, who has been working for a while as a freelance descending instructor for MTB and road riders.

Enric Mas also worked with Saiz last year between the Tour and the Vuelta.

I saw an inteview with Saiz last month during the Vuelta. He said he will be working next year in a close relation with a WT team. That will probably reduce the amount of freelance work he can take if he's not full time with whatever team he works for.

So you think a guy who has won one GT (not 5 years ago but last season) and came very close another time should not get leadership over guys who never even came close to a GT podium?

Roglic leads TDF and Hindley leads il Giro while going to the Tour as superdomestique. They other guys get planned around that. Not too hard to do.
I'm saying that Uijtdebroeks will get co-leadership. This Vuelta was way harder than the Giro where Hindley came 2nd or that he won. Uijtdebroeks is the future, still young, and progressed by the time the next GT starts. Based on how he rode, I don't think Hindley will be able to follow him on long climbs. So if Uijtdebroeks can work on explosive climbs and his TT, he'll finish before Hindley.

Reactions: Sandisfan
67835261-11767281-image-a-22_1676756648055.jpg
Gosh. Zero clue why I wrote compatriot instead of companion!

Embarrassing.

Based on how Hindley rode his last GT I don't know why he should claim leadership over Uijtdebroeks or Vlasov. Hindley was only 7th in the Tour, and part of it was due to letting him get away in an early attack.

Yeah that should be the plan. Then there's still a co-leader spot at the Giro open for Cian or Vlasov and one of them could also do the Vuelta as main target.

If Cian is upset about the Vuelta then it won't work with Bora either way and he will be gone...in my eyes no reason to be upset. They were only competing for minor places and the only two times Vlasov attacked were not really situations where someone else could have profited from it. I think Cian never had to be a domestique in any race for Bora last season (he was in the Sibiu Tour for Aleotii in 22). That's thanks to his high level but also Bora let's riders just do there thing in most races. I think Cian also is a beneficiary of this policy although of course this means he also doesn't get full support until he's fighting for the GC win.

Last edited: