• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Are Riwal continuing next year? I didn't see them on the list of 2021 proconti teams so thought that was confirmation of their demise

Riwal have requested a deadline delay from the UCI and hope to close one or more deals with potential sponsors before the end of november. Whether they have been granted a deadline extension hasn't been announced, but I guess they must have by now.

Last edited:
btw - I'm really disappointed in the UAE so far tbh. They serious need to get a team to support Pogacar in the mountains. They have many young good riders but they really lack in Domestiques/Climbers. They got Majka and he'll of course be more helpful than Aru, but I don't see him being good enough to be there in the end on the last clim with Jumbo and Ineos. Pogacar can't win Tour de France without a team again. Jumbo will not make that mistake again + Ineos will be aggressive with Thomas, Benal and Cararpaz.

Reactions: Sandisfan
btw - I'm really disappointed in the UAE so far tbh. They serious need to get a team to support Pogacar in the mountains. They have many young good riders but they really lack in Domestiques/Climbers. They got Majka and he'll of course be more helpful than Aru, but I don't see him being good enough to be there in the end on the last clim with Jumbo and Ineos. Pogacar can't win Tour de France without a team again. Jumbo will not make that mistake again + Ineos will be aggressive with Thomas, Benal and Cararpaz.

I think if de la Cruz and Formolo are in form and healthy they can be very helpful. They just crashed early in this Tour.

Not everybody can rival Jumbo and Ineos train.

There's just not enough elite climbers around to have 3 teams with superstrong trains and a few other with strong leaders. It's just impossible for every newcomer big GC talent to have a team that matches the best.

I think UAE will be fine if riders like Majka, Formolo, de la Cruz, McNulty perform at their level of talent.

• Wow
Reactions: yaco and Sandisfan

I think what UAE are missing more than anything is engines. Their team so far is filled with sprinters, climbers or youngsters who you're not fully going to rely on imo. There's no one there that I'm looking at can ride for them for long distances on the front.

I'd think their best Tour team around Pogacar would be Formolo, Majka, De La Cruz, McNulty and then one of Trentin/Kristoff but missing the two strong road guys. Bjerg could be but still quite young to rely on him. Maybe you bring both Kristoff and Trentin as both will be quite helpful on any echelon type stage or for road positioning.

Out of guys I think are still available, someone like Boassen Hagen or Lutsenko would be decent signings.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think what UAE are missing more than anything is engines. Their team so far is filled with sprinters, climbers or youngsters who you're not fully going to rely on imo. There's no one there that I'm looking at can ride for them for long distances on the front.

I'd think their best Tour team around Pogacar would be Formolo, Majka, De La Cruz, McNulty and then one of Trentin/Kristoff but missing the two strong road guys. Bjerg could be but still quite young to rely on him. Maybe you bring both Kristoff and Trentin as both will be quite helpful on any echelon type stage or for road positioning.

Out of guys I think are still available, someone like Boassen Hagen or Lutsenko would be decent signings.
They have Marcato, who was up there in that crucial stage...but yeah unfortunate timing. They could do with one more however.

Looks like Astana will be known as Astana-Premiertech. Premiertech stepping in as lead sponsor with a 50/50 budget for 2021.
Steve Bauer also joinings management team and Ben Perry ex Israel Academy Continental joining as the Canadian influence.
De Bod, Romo , Sobrero and Battistella are also looking like the the additional riders.
Lutsenko and Vlasov to stay.
Superman MAL to leave, maybe ?