• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 300 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Senechal has signed for two years with Arkea. Great signing for them, should fit in well with the "we try to get 3-4 riders in the top 10 of smaller classics"-tactic
Arkea should be much better next year with Demare and Senechal, and if Kevin Vauqulin steps up to what I think he can do, and Champoussin justifies his pay...I hope Demare rides with a chip on his shoulder and gets to 100 wins.

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...or-bora-hansgrohe-in-2024-according-to-report

(quote) According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Primoz Roglic has almost closed a deal to ride for BORA - hansgrohe in 2024.

The Slovenian rider, winner of this year's Giro d'Italia, officially announced in the run-up to the Giro dell'Emilia that he was leaving Jumbo-Visma, and four teams have been strongly rumored to be interested in acquiring his services: the Germans, Lidl-Trek, Movistar Team and INEOS Grenadiers.

Movistar, presumably because of the high price tag, publicly ruled out his signing a couple of days ago. GCN commented a few hours ago that BORA and INEOS were the closest to signing the three-time Vuelta a España winner.

Ciro Scognamiglio, Gazzetta's cycling market expert, has assured that, "barring a last-minute change," BORA will be Primoz Roglic's next team. The Slovenian will lead Jumbo-Visma today, Tuesday, in the Tre Valli Varesine. (end quote)

So if Bora get Roglic, does that mean Ineos get Remco? Or I suspect, Ineos tried to get both!

Reactions: IndurainsTdF1994
Bora would be a fine team for Roglic. I am not totally sure what Hindley's Tour level is, but don't think he's better than Roglic ATM; Vlasov is not going to win a GT; and Cian is still young; Buchmann has dropped off and Higuita was never going to be a GT threat (not sure why anyone may have thought so). He should be comfortable there and will have 100% support in the Tour.

Wout van Aert has indicated to the sporting management of Jumbo-Visma that he would welcome the arrival of Yves Lampaert to the team. Several sources have confirmed this to WielerFlits. It now looks like six riders will make the switch from Soudal Quick-Step to the new 'merger team' of Richard Plugge. The Dutch camp is also counting on Remco Evenepoel to make the switch with a number of riders around him.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Timothy Dupont back to a pro or WT team ? or he stays at Tarteletto..

Reactions: search
Wout van Aert has indicated to the sporting management of Jumbo-Visma that he would welcome the arrival of Yves Lampaert to the team. Several sources have confirmed this to WielerFlits. It now looks like six riders will make the switch from Soudal Quick-Step to the new 'merger team' of Richard Plugge. The Dutch camp is also counting on Remco Evenepoel to make the switch with a number of riders around him.
I can't see Remco leave without Pieter Serry and Louis Vervaeke tbh. They seem to have grown rather close