• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 298 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The rumours re: Roglic being on the way out at Jumbo are becoming more concrete.
  • Jumbo are allowing Roglic to buy out his contract
  • Ineos is still the most likely destination
  • Trek, Bahrain, Jayco and Movistar have also shown interest
  • Roglic will supposedly decide where he's going this week
Keep in mind that it's the same journalist who brought the merger scoop who also brought this news. He has a lot riding on it that this is actually true.

So far he's the only guy who's really speaking in terms of absolute certainty. None of the other news outlets have.

Reactions: Sandisfan
384682423_738089291665120_921325794998535900_n.jpg

Also been rumours of Max Poole to Ineos, though Foss is surprising I'm assuming they aren't paying the meme 2 million a year price.
I think it's more telling that he's going to Ineos. They were who he was originally supposed to be going to only for it to fall through, and now he's going there anyway but with far less fanfare.

Coupled with the news that his agent offered him to Movistar as an alternative after the Carlos Rodríguez thing fell flat for them and they said "no thanks", I think this looks like potentially they had a contract set, but Foss' disappointing season meant Ineos weren't willing to pay the kind of premium that Foss and his agent wanted or that had been initially bandied about as the cost, so they tested the market to see if anybody would bite on their demands and offer something closer to what they'd initially been hoping for, before settling for the Ineos offer when they found no takers at a higher price.

That's what to me seems like the line of best fit from the stories we've heard on it.

I think it's more telling that he's going to Ineos. They were who he was originally supposed to be going to only for it to fall through, and now he's going there anyway but with far less fanfare.

Coupled with the news that his agent offered him to Movistar as an alternative after the Carlos Rodríguez thing fell flat for them and they said "no thanks", I think this looks like potentially they had a contract set, but Foss' disappointing season meant Ineos weren't willing to pay the kind of premium that Foss and his agent wanted or that had been initially bandied about as the cost, so they tested the market to see if anybody would bite on their demands and offer something closer to what they'd initially been hoping for, before settling for the Ineos offer when they found no takers at a higher price.

That's what to me seems like the line of best fit from the stories we've heard on it.
In the Norwegian media, the story goes that the Evenepoel to Ineos saga put the finalising of Foss' contract on hold. Which could make sense if Foss is expensive or if he's expecting some leadership. If he's inexpensive and/or okay with domestique duties, it wouldn't make sense as he'd actually be a great domestique for Evenepoel. It could also be that your theory is closer to the truth and that the delay has nothing to do with Evenepoel.

In the Norwegian media, the story goes that the Evenepoel to Ineos saga put the finalising of Foss' contract on hold. Which could make sense if Foss is expensive or if he's expecting some leadership. If he's inexpensive and/or okay with domestique duties, it wouldn't make sense as he'd actually be a great domestique for Evenepoel. It could also be that your theory is closer to the truth and that the delay has nothing to do with Evenepoel.
I thought Evenepoel to Ineos hinged on Ratcliffe buying Manchester United and then Brailsford convincing him he was a footballing wonderkind using highlights from his u15 Anderlecht games and only telling him "oh he's for the cycling team" after signing him.

So Rogla is finally free! No more fishy guy, no more Kuss. I've heard he wants a sole leadership and that's why he'll choose UAE! Today showed that Teddy will be the best dom ever.
There's a difference between sharing leadership and being prevented from attacking, which is what pissed him off at the Vuelta. Should he go to UAE, Almeida, Ayuso and Soler will confirm he'll be allowed to attack anytime he likes.

Last edited: