• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 423 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
in Spanish Marca.
But with ATT (Czech CT team) should by in the next days a lot of info.
@Samamba can you tell about source about this gossip with Astana new rider

Reactions: Raf
Strange story, the Teunissen Visma deal collapsing. I guess now with the Van Dijke brothers leaving, they badly need a lead out for Kooij. Who else is available on the market?
I don't know how far along the deal with Teunissen really was. Wielerflits have gone a bit overboard with the one-sided reporting on this, it seems like they're the mouthpiece for Teunissen's management.

Kooij never really had a leadout, he's nearly always on his own. The only one you can say has done some useful work for him in the final k a few times is Affini, and he's still there. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Kooij leaving at the end of next year as well, he's never going to start the Tour at Visma (unless they have another disastrous season).

I don't know how far along the deal with Teunissen really was. Wielerflits have gone a bit overboard with the one-sided reporting on this, it seems like they're the mouthpiece for Teunissen's management.

Kooij never really had a leadout, he's nearly always on his own. The only one you can say has done some useful work for him in the final k a few times is Affini, and he's still there. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Kooij leaving at the end of next year as well, he's never going to start the Tour at Visma (unless they have another disastrous season).

He's ridden one GT in 4 years. Enough said!

Arkea is in serious financial problems, the company and thus also the team. Not sure what exactly is going on but they cant use the option in Champoussins contract cause they don't have the money (hence why he's probably going to Astana, they are technically not buying him out) and other riders are getting offered to other teams by their agents to see what's possible.

Astana wants Albanese too, not really surprising that one. EF is also in the picture.

Last edited:
Arkea is in serious financial problems, the company and thus also the team. Not sure what exactly is going on but they cant use the option in Champoussins contract cause they don't have the money (hence why he's probably going to Astana, they are technically not buying him out) and other riders are getting offered to other teams by their agents to see what's possible.
Then that's the French team Sporza was writing about.

Reactions: Samamba
Wielerflits have gone a bit overboard with the one-sided reporting on this, it seems like they're the mouthpiece for Teunissen's management.
That's only the tip of the iceberg where Wielerflits going overboard with regards to this story is concerned. In my opinion, their reputation is kind of shot at this point.

Naturally there was a lot of criticism by commenters on the site (the comment section there is usually a hellhole, but that's beside the point) on the way Wielerflits have reported on Teunissen. So what did Wielerflits decide was the best way to handle this? Scour the internet for the phone numbers of said commenters, and give them unsolicited calls. Actually bizarre behaviour.

And yes, they have admitted to this.

• Haha
Reactions: GenericBoonenFan
That's only the tip of the iceberg where Wielerflits going overboard with regards to this story is concerned. In my opinion, their reputation is kind of shot at this point.

Naturally there was a lot of criticism by commenters on the site (the comment section there is usually a hellhole, but that's beside the point) on the way Wielerflits have reported on Teunissen. So what did Wielerflits decide was the best way to handle this? Scour the internet for the phone numbers of said commenters, and give them unsolicited calls. Actually bizarre behaviour.

Yeah, I read that too. It's like harassment. I think you can actually sue them for this.

Ever since Raymond Kerckhoffs joined them I feel they've turned from a relatively innocent, pleasantly amateurish website into this content machine, everything for the clicks. Kind of a Telegraaf vibe... which is where Kerckhoffs comes from. They also have this podcast that nobody listens to, so they desperately try to generate traffic by posting clickbait titles. It's a bit pathetic really.

WTF, this is an insane story. they are actually trying to scour the internet to find personal details of accounts on their site to call them about critical posts. just a bizarre turn of events

WTF
That's so idiotic on their part
(it's also idiotic to put your phone number online unless you run a business or what not but that's besides the point)