• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Lance Armstrong Apology Tour

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just cannot believe this morning watching the news how that azzh0le is getting the media to worhisp his so called "confesion" on Oprah- What a load of BS is becoming this last chapter of disgrace- I mean- An LA/Landis reconciliation? What the fvck? Are there people still falling for the LA scam?
I mean- damn!!!:mad:

Scott SoCal said:
I wonder who, in the end, has been able to get Lance to adopt the "I really, really don't want to wind up like Pete Rose" strategy.

It really is incredible that he is heading down this road right now. A coupla years from now? Sure. But it has not been so long ago LA was hiring PI's to dig up dirt on TT and the boys over at USADA.

He'll, it hasn't been that long ago that he and Bruyneel liked their credibility.

Betsy and Emma should be the sole arbiters of Lance Armstrong's sincerity.

And there's zero chance Floyd falls for this mea culpa.

Add LeMond and Kimmage to your list of people who deserve a sincere apology, heck include EVERYONE he's ever bullied, scammed, dumped on, ruined, etc etc. to keep his "secret" going for years. Quite a long list of folks.

The only reason Lance is doing this is because of HIS own interests. The guy doesn't care one bit about Floyd, about Betsy, about cycling, about anyone else other than himself.

D-bag ignored his own daughter on the finish line at a triathlon. You think now he wants to mend fences with Landis?

Seriously. Lance is a self-absorbed turd who is now afraid of the qui tam lawsuit and the potential of having to pay out even more cash than he is paying to his horde of lawyers and PR flacks.

hfer07 said:
I just cannot believe this morning watching the news how that azzh0le is getting the media to worhisp his so called "confesion" on Oprah- What a load of BS is becoming this last chapter of disgrace- I mean- An LA/Landis reconciliation? What the fvck? Are there people still falling for the LA scam?

Nope. Look at the comments on the news stories. It's like 20 to 1 against Lance. Most are excoriating him for being a complete fraud, cheat, and liar.

He's the Bernie Madoff of cycling. Disgraced doesn't even begin to describe his status.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Nope. Look at the comments on the news stories. It's like 20 to 1 against Lance. Most are excoriating him for being a complete fraud, cheat, and liar.

He's the Bernie Madoff of cycling. Disgraced doesn't even begin to describe his status.

Lance is so screwed in so many ways that the Kama Sutra is inadequate....

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Lance is so screwed in so many ways that the Kama Sutra is inadequate....
:)

German newspaper Spiegel estimates that if he confesses, he might in total loose up to 60 Million dollars, whereas his total fortune is estimated around 125 Million. So it won't completely screw him financially, according to said newspaper.

Moose McKnuckles said:

And I have to admit that I am astounded how 'Disgraced Former Cyclist' has apparently become his formal, legal name.

News report, after news report, that is the opening line. Each and every time, I admit surprise.

The world was really, really slow. But, they seem to have figured it out now.

Dave.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
If I were Landis, I'd be having a *lot* of fun with this one. Accept Lance's apology and turn the reconciliation thing on hyperdrive. Drop by Lance's place unanounced during dinner. Compliment Lance on his clothes and then ask to borrow them. Ask for help moving something big like a piano or a washer/dryer. Ask Lance to try and help a friend's cousin get a job at Herman's law firm.

But continue full tilt with the Qui Tam...

And then sit back and watch as Lance's head pops like a balloon.

John Swanson

Moose McKnuckles said:

I completely agree on that-However- the LA PR approach here is the "exposure" his name is getting-even if his is labeled rightfuly with cheating,fraud,liar etc. -is the undeserving tv air time he's getting towards the Oprah farse that bothers me the most. At least Madoff knew when his time was up the last thing the world wanted him to do was an stupid azz apology having already fvcked up many people over millions......

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't posted anything on Armstrong for ages. Anything happen while I was away?

I honestly never thought I would live to see the day. He's been rumbled, and the next house to crumble will be Livestrong. It doesn't matter what strategy he tries to adopt now - the shark has been well and truly jumped.

My only hope now is that professional cycling is burnt down. I, for one, will not be watching it again in its present form. The notion that cycling is any different to Armstrong's era is laughable.

Apologies if this contrdicts my previous statements.

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
:)

German newspaper Spiegel estimates that if he confesses, he might in total loose up to 60 Million dollars, whereas his total fortune is estimated around 125 Million. So it won't completely screw him financially, according to said newspaper.

Enough of this $125 million figure. His net worth is likely 1/4 of that or less. To top it off, his liquidity is in question.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
jam pants said:
Enough of this $125 million figure. His net worth is likely 1/4 of that or less. To top it off, his liquidity is in question.

True, Weisel, Stapleton, Knaggs and others were in on a big slice of the pie.

I bet Wonderboy is very worried about his finances hence the need for Oprah.

If he wasn't short of cash, ie $125million, why would he care?

Benotti69 said:
True, Weisel, Stapleton, Knaggs and others were in on a big slice of the pie.

I bet Wonderboy is very worried about his finances hence the need for Oprah.

If he wasn't short of cash, ie $125million, why would he care?

I'm guessing he's listening to advice that his denial strategy is an uncertain long-range money vacuum that could end in jail time.

If the German media story is true, then his scam is changing. But I contend he hasn't changed. He wants to dope to beat up on age-grade athletes making some appearance money along the way and all the other trappings of his fraudulent past.

If he flips on a few unimportant people, then it sucks to be them. He gets some of his old life back and that's all that matters. The Tailwind scammers get off clean too.

ScienceIsCool said:
If I were Landis, I'd be having a *lot* of fun with this one. Accept Lance's apology and turn the reconciliation thing on hyperdrive. Drop by Lance's place unanounced during dinner. Compliment Lance on his clothes and then ask to borrow them. Ask for help moving something big like a piano or a washer/dryer. Ask Lance to try and help a friend's cousin get a job at Herman's law firm.

But continue full tilt with the Qui Tam...

And then sit back and watch as Lance's head pops like a balloon.

John Swanson

If I were Landis, the condition of my accepting Lance's apology would be to get Lance to call up Hein Verbruggen to present him with a Yellow Jersey for honesty in a formal ceremony.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I want to hear the "discussion" between Landis and Armstrong. It would be hilarious.

"Remember that time I made fun of you when you lost the Tour of Georgia to a doped up Tommy D.? Sorry 'bout dat. My bad."

Then there will be Emma O'Reilly.

"Remember that time I spread lies that you were a prostitute? Sorry 'bout dat. My bad."

Then Simeoni.

"Remember that time when I would not agree to ride the Giro unless your team was not invited, thus depriving you of what should have been one of the highlights of your career, riding the Giro as the Italian national champion? Sorry 'bout dat. My bad."

And Greg LeMond.

"Remember that time when I had Livestrong employees, paid with cancer donations, badmouth you on every message board and newspaper comment section they could find? Sorry 'bout dat. My bad."

Fifty year old motorist.

"Remember that time I dragged you out of your car and beat the hell out of you? Sorry 'bout dat. My bad."

Iban Mayo.

"Remember that time you smoked me in the Dauphine Libere so I called my good buddy Hein Verbruggen to have the UCI hound you until you were finally forced out of the sport and ended up driving trucks? Sorry 'bout dat. My bad."

Betsy Andeu.

"Remember that time you registered with the Paceline forum and I had the admin pull your password so I could access your email account? Sorry 'bout dat. My bad."
This is a great one, keep them coming BroDeal.

For the non - Americans here:
http://t.co/RL2xtad8

May 19, 2012
Visit site
He's done...Tsunami of payback...

DirtyWorks said:
I'm guessing he's listening to advice that his denial strategy is an uncertain long-range money vacuum that could end in jail time.

If the German media story is true, then his scam is changing. But I contend he hasn't changed. He wants to dope to beat up on age-grade athletes making some appearance money along the way and all the other trappings of his fraudulent past.

If he flips on a few unimportant people, then it sucks to be them. He gets some of his old life back and that's all that matters. The Tailwind scammers get off clean too.

Once Lance Armstrong, whose legend became so much bigger than the facts, was willing to say anything, hurt anybody, call people bitter or call them *****s, who got in his way. Now he is willing to say anything to still make himself the hero of his own drama, the mythology he created and others helped create for him. That doesn’t make you a saint or an icon or a hero. It makes you a cornered rat.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...wide-web-lies-article-1.1239104#ixzz2HyHTpu1N

The funny and ironic thing is that if he does get reinstated in the future, a clean lance gets his a$s kicked by age groupers....

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
To me, one who hates LA for doping and lies should not acknowledge a GT cycling whatsoever, because hating Armstrong while supporting Contador or Wiggins is unhealthy.
no it's unhealthy to compare lance to contador and wiggins. I have yet to hear from anyone how contador harasses people

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:

in usa. people are idiots. they will swallow it all and believe it and see him as a hero. in europe though no attention is even given to this. necause oprah is even more satan than lance, with her commercial bs lies she had on all of her shows

Markyboyzx6r said:
I haven't posted anything on Armstrong for ages. Anything happen while I was away?

I honestly never thought I would live to see the day. He's been rumbled, and the next house to crumble will be Livestrong. It doesn't matter what strategy he tries to adopt now - the shark has been well and truly jumped.

This just gave me a thought. I would not be surprised if Livestrong failing is the reason why he is coming forward. It is likely that Livestrong's revenue is plummeting. If Livestrong fails then the last thing that Armstrong can point ot as an accomplishment is is gone. What is more, his doping and lying will be seen as the cause of Livestrong's destruction, which will make his doping offenses look even worse. Without Livestrong there is no possible salvation of his reputation.

Officially the organization has cut its budget by 11%. Of interest in a recent article that RR posted is the dependency Livestrong has on corporate sponsors. Those sponsors are all tied to Armstrong in some way. Without them a huge chunk of Livestrong's revenue disappears. It is likely that fund raising from regular folks will fall through the floor and most of those corporate sponsors will quietly sneak out the back door when their leaving won't be noticed. In the next year or so Livestrong could be looking at its fundraising total falling by two thirds. That would mean sacking a large number of its one hundred employees. That would be reported by the press, and the stink of death would start wafting off the organization.

It may be that Armstrong, his handlers, and the Livestrong management have looked at this possibility and Armstrong coming forward is aimed mainly to keep Livestrong afloat long enough to ride out its association with him.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
in usa. people are idiots. they will swallow it all and believe it and see him as a hero. in europe though no attention is even given to this. necause oprah is even more satan than lance, with her commercial bs lies she had on all of her shows

I am glad to hear you are the expert on what "the usa will swallow".

Never knew that the OHprah was considered Satan nice to hear.

BroDeal said:
It may be that Armstrong and the people have looked at this possibility and Armstrong coming forward is aimed mainly to keep Livestrong afloat long enough to ride out its association with him.

That's it.

All the livestrong financial backers literally "forced" LA to publicly come up with some "confession" alike - so they can justify their existence for a while.
I still believe the ship will sink, regardless what he'll say on Thursday-the scam was just too big in the eyes of investors & anything tied/related/labeled to his name is just too toxic to survive...