• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Lance Armstrong Apology Tour

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
If I were Landis, I'd be having a *lot* of fun with this one. Accept Lance's apology and turn the reconciliation thing on hyperdrive. Drop by Lance's place unanounced during dinner. Compliment Lance on his clothes and then ask to borrow them. Ask for help moving something big like a piano or a washer/dryer. Ask Lance to try and help a friend's cousin get a job at Herman's law firm.

But continue full tilt with the Qui Tam...

And then sit back and watch as Lance's head pops like a balloon.

John Swanson

Hehe! This! I say JohnSwansonIsCool :)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-14-14-12-11

A person with knowledge of the situation says Lance Armstrong has apologized to the staff at his Livestrong cancer foundation. He did so before heading to an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because the discussion was private.

Armstrong addressed the staff Monday and said, "I'm sorry." The person said the disgraced cyclist choked up and several employees cried during the session.

The person also said Armstrong apologized for letting the staff down and putting Livestrong at risk but he did not make a direct confession to the group about using banned drugs. He said he would try to restore the foundation's reputation.

Armstrong urged the group to continue fighting for the charity's mission of helping cancer patients and their families. After the meeting, Armstrong, his legal team and close advisers gathered at a downtown Austin hotel for the interview.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Race Radio said:

Man, after all Lance has done to so many people I've got to admit that it takes BALLS to apologize now. Sadly, Lance doesn't have balls.

Lance: "I'm sorry Floyd for putting your life in the sh!tter. I had no idea what it was like until my world and my money went down the toilet. Please accept my apology for not getting you a job. It's all my fault. I mean it, bro, I really miss our friendship, especially now that I'm going broke and people don't worship me anymore."

Floyd: "Lance, you ignorant fcuk. You are one effing nut. Pretty soon you'll be nutless. I'm still going to castrate you. Eff-off."

formerlyfastfreddyp said:
Man, after all Lance has done to so many people I've got to admit that it takes BALLS to apologize now. Sadly, Lance doesn't have balls.

Lance: "I'm sorry Floyd for putting your life in the sh!tter. I had no idea what it was like until my world and my money went down the toilet. Please accept my apology for not getting you a job. It's all my fault. I mean it, bro, I really miss our friendship, especially now that I'm going broke and people don't worship me anymore."

Floyd: "Lance, you ignorant fcuk. You are one effing nut. Pretty soon you'll be nutless. I'm still going to castrate you. Eff-off."

Nice! I agree.

airstream said:
What you mean?

Its simple, guys who dope to cheat are dopers. Guys who dope to cheat but also bully, harass and threaten innocent people, report rivals for doping, try to bribe governing bodies and use a disease that affects millions around the world to try and cover their tracks are on a much worse level than the mere dopers like Contador or Wiggins(Unproven doping).

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
formerlyfastfreddyp said:

I disagree. He's apologizing only because he has no real choice but damage control. The fact that all of these reports of apologies and pseudo-contrition keep getting "leaked" to the media strongly suggests the most important part of these apologies is making sure the media knows about it.

It is the equivalent of all of those "leaked" sex tapes, and in many ways is no less dirty.

This is just a continuation of the media/public manipulation he's done for the last 14-15 years.

silverrocket said:
I disagree. He's apologizing only because he has no real choice but damage control. The fact that all of these reports of apologies and pseudo-contrition keep getting "leaked" to the media strongly suggests the most important part of these apologies is making sure the media knows about it.

It is the equivalent of all of those "leaked" sex tapes, and in many ways is no less dirty.

This is just a continuation of the media/public manipulation he's done for the last 14-15 years.

Pretty spot on here. He's only doing this to benefit HIMSELF, nothing more.

TRENDING THREADS