• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Lance Armstrong Apology Tour

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
airstream said:
No one knows for sure. I just try to reason in general. Tyler said EPO gives about 15% endurance extra. Doping that was used before EPO was not so effective but I doubt it gave much less. 15% in a sport where sometimes seconds decide a winner is cosmos, an irreal edge which one will never be able to close with pure talent.

IMO the thing is oldies do consider themselves clean because they had no possibility to ride on hard peds like epo and transfusions

You're right on here. leMond has said numerous times, those types of drugs weren't easily available, or used during his era. I'm sure there were exceptions to the rule, but mostly just introductory usage.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the whole interview is taped and lance decides what is shown on tv. I really hope people will burst through this charade as soon as it's shown tonight

May 26, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
German newspapers say Lance might want to join the qui tam by becoming a whistleblower, pointing out his suppliers, etc.

He's too stooopid to do that and too selfish.

He is the puppet for Weisel, Stapleton and others who have been the Stromboli's to his Pinocchio.

I wonder when little Lance Gunderson will grow up and realise he wants to be a real boy!

After all the stories of how Armstrong treated Livestrong donors with disdain, riding off without them on paid rides, now suddenly people actually believe that this fraud is issuing a "limited confession" to Oprah, who knows NOTHING of cycling, because of Livestrong?

Really? People really believe this nonsense?

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Floyd was raised differently. I am not su sure he could refuse a spoken apology, even if he knows it's insincere. Totally hope he'll tell him to take a hike.

He had no problem turning his back on his childhood when choosing to dope, lie, and dump almost unbelievable amounts of bs on us after he was caught.

I'm sure he would have no difficulty saying no, even to a sincere apology.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
He didn't admit doping.
Only said he's sorry...for the sh!t he's in...

If there were ever a group of unwilling pawns in his masquerade, it would be the foundation employees. It will not be lost on them that his apology, its timing, its PR purpose, and its feigned authenticity is manufactured to serve him.

They deserved better.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I really hope he will not admitt though to oprah. keeping his lies intact and talking morally evading the real issues would be the final nail on his coffin for sure.

Moose McKnuckles said:
After all the stories of how Armstrong treated Livestrong donors with disdain, riding off without them on paid rides, now suddenly people actually believe that this fraud is issuing a "limited confession" to Oprah, who knows NOTHING of cycling, because of Livestrong?

Really? People really believe this nonsense?

Yes, they do. They seem to enjoy watching the tyrannical behavior, being lied to and then lied to some more.

Oprah doesn't have to know anything about cycling. If it were dog-owner Michael Vick, it would probably be less contrived, but same general idea, video montage and scripted content. He can't do anything more than "mistakes were made." And then it's up to the media beast to decide his fate. Don't be surprised if there's some positive bounce. That will attract eyeballs.

He couldn't stay away for 3 months. He appears unchanged. Back to lying/cheating/doping and beating up on age-groupers as soon as possible.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
He couldn't stay away for 3 months. He appears unchanged. Back to lying/cheating/doping and beating up on age-groupers as soon as possible.
& I've got a fair idea where he gets the money from to do it....same place he always does...

Ryo Hazuki said:
I really hope he will not admitt though to oprah. keeping his lies intact and talking morally evading the real issues.

But, if you start that tactic with "mistakes were made" and a number of other pitiful statements and finish with some version of not disappointing the Armstrong-despised Liveswrong minions, it would put him back in control of the message.

Appearance fees are back on the table! Pete Rose being a good example here.

The apology wouldn't be sincere, that's for certain. The 'choking up' though, might be real. Truly. It's something he just doesn't do. No wonder those dastardly words stuck in his throat, he ain't accustomed saying them.

DominicDecoco said:
So, what would be a reasonable money transfer to Basson's bank account? I mean, he had quite a few years left as a professional...

Wonderboy is "Sorry. No I'm not paying that traitor a penny. Sorry." to Bassons.

Wonderboy is "Sorry. You still may be a druken prostitute for all I know. Sorry." to the masseuse.

Wonderboy is "Sorry, Your wife is still fat and I'm still glad I ran you out of the cycling media. Sorry." to the Andreus.

And so on. That's the sorry he means.

Microchip said:
The apology wouldn't be sincere, that's for certain. The 'choking up' though, might be real. Truly. It's something he just doesn't do. No wonder those dastardly words stuck in his throat, he ain't accustomed saying them.

He'll be glad he did not because he experienced some feeling, but because of the impact it might have had on the audience. That's who we're talking about here.