• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The last WT team without a victory contest!

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will be the last WT team without a victory?

• Garmin-Barracuda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Cadel's win was more flucky if we go there ;) Easily could have been close 2nd ;)

How is that a fluke? He won because he was fastest over 6km. Brajkovic won, but no one knew the finish was there, so for all intends possible, Astana fluked a win.

I bet BW fluked a win in the P-N time trial as well.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
AG2R will not be happy at all.
They just need to seek out a few more attacking options and the ins will hopefully come for them.

They based their recruitments on riders that could get them wins and hence more points for the WT selection at the end of the season like Casper but they weren't lucky so far.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Let's extend this competition by adding the pro continental teams:

AG2R-La Mondiale
Accent Jobs-Willems Veranda's
Acqua&Sapone
Colombia-Coldeportes
Spidertech
Team Type 1
Utensilnord Named
UnitedHealthcare

I'd go with Utensilnord

El Pistolero said:
How is that a fluke? He won because he was fastest over 6km. Brajkovic won, but no one knew the finish was there, so for all intends possible, Astana fluked a win.

I bet BW fluked a win in the P-N time trial as well.

He beat a dutchman so you can bet there is some explanation.

With westra i think it was that he couldnt be bothered with aerobars on stage 7 and that he couldnt be bothered period in stage 1.

So yeah BW did actually fluke it.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
thats why i said i think. Wasnt quite sure. Was it the helmet then, not aerodynamic or something?

yeah he had a regular helmet. But I don't think it mattered. However, the aero bars were important and I still can't understand why Valverde didn't put any.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
nobilis said:
yeah he had a regular helmet. But I don't think it mattered. However, the aero bars were important and I still can't understand why Valverde didn't put any.

An aero helmet doesn't give any advantage over a road helmet at 30kph average? Would love to know how you worked that one out.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:
An aero helmet doesn't give any advantage over a road helmet at 30kph average? Would love to know how you worked that one out.

ok in that case, with just 2 seconds over Westra, it gave him the edge. But I honestly don't know what an aero helmet would give for a 10k distance at 30km/h and accounting for wind direction and intensity.