• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 85 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tomorrow it's the Figueira Champions Classic. A few of the protagonists of the Mallorca Challenge will be there. Some riders who will move on to Algarve later this week as well.

I hope my man Van Wilder will manage to stay on his bike and starts riding with some more determination and belief.

Well it isn't the first time Van Wilder's been involved in some thread name controversy :D

Here's the right one:

They were probably always going to ride this one because of Christoforou, but HPH has also employed Raúl Banqueri; a guy who understands the UCI points system better than the UCI.

They will still struggle to survive based on how far behind they were in 2022 but again it shows the flaws in the UCI points system and it also denies the opportunity for .2 level riders to get results - Lets keep it simple - Just count points from WWT races..

The Women's Clasica de Almeria is tomorrow. The other reason race with 'Almeria' in its name was apparently not a Women's Clasica Almeria(ish).

I'm excited because Fortin won, and my frind was the car, dircting the race today. Cynisca is a first year team, and they won a race with WWT teams, so it is really impressive for them! They have great aspirations, and this bodes well for them.

2nd version of my fantasy cycling team. Thoughts?
Screenshot-2023-02-09-141629.png

About to submit, but before i do, Henderson or Realini? And is anyone pregnant and making that announcement next week?

About to submit, but before i do, Henderson or Realini? And is anyone pregnant and making that announcement next week?

After what we saw last week, I'd definitely take Realini. Right now I'll probably pick Henderson instead of Paternoster though- Paternoster has commitments on the track plus she's likely to be behind both Manly, Baker and Roseman-Gannon in the sprint hierarchy at Jayco, while Henderson will probably have more freedom.

After what we saw last week, I'd definitely take Realini. Right now I'll probably pick Henderson instead of Paternoster though- Paternoster has commitments on the track plus she's likely to be behind both Manly, Baker and Roseman-Gannon in the sprint hierarchy at Jayco, while Henderson will probably have more freedom.

Paternoster is faster than any of the Jayco riders - As you mentioned she does not ride much between track commitments and illness - This is a boom or bust signing.

The Setmana Valenciana kicks off later to day and will be the first race in 2023 for riders like Van Vleuten, Uttrup Ludwig, Balsamo, Moolman-Pasio and Kiesenhofer. It will also be Lotta Henttala's first pro race in almost two years following her pregnancy.

Start list and race info: https://firstcycling.com/race.php?r=9189&y=2023&k=8

There's no MTF or Xorret de Cati this time, but it should still be possible for AVV to make a difference and get a good start to her final season.

Stage one will be live on YouTube from about 14:45 CET:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2HBICsAJqg&ab_channel=SPORTPUBLICTV

Last edited:
I don't follow WWT that closely, why did Hentala take a year off? Motherhood?

She was going through a hard time mentally in 2020, which was why she didn't ride any races after lockdown. She then found out she was pregnant right after she had returned to racing in 2021 and gave birth about a year ago. When she started training again, she refound her love for the sport and decided to give it another go.

Reactions: GenericBoonenFan