Teams & Riders The marvelous Victor Campenaerts, cult hero, thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 13, 2012
I've been cycle touring in Peru going ver passes circa 4800m and sleeping at similar altitudes and felt super strong when I got back! The advantage a tent provides is that you can sleep 'high' and train low at a higher intensity. Best of both worlds.

Shouldn't this be forbidden? I have no problem with riders sleeping in altitude tents on existing heights like Campenaerts did a few weeks back on 4700m. That's just fair considering there are riders, like the Colombians, who actually live close to that altitude. But 10000m is an non-existing height and does feel a bit too artificial to my liking.

He is not doing that on his intuition, he is getting advice from medical professionals. The intermittent nature stimulates faster red blood cell production. His training load during these altitude camps is extremely low as well, for optimal results.

That said, yes, this is extreme. There need to be some rules on what is allowed and what is not regarding altitude training, real and artificial.

Max height Mt Everest level. Place where one can go with his/her own two feet (trainer and training bike in a rug sack..) in this planet. Simple. All altitude chamber hardware manufacturers sign an agreement to calibrate units this way. Then it's equal for everybody.

He is not doing that on his intuition, he is getting advice from medical professionals. The intermittent nature stimulates faster red blood cell production. His training load during these altitude camps is extremely low as well, for optimal results.

That said, yes, this is extreme. There need to be some rules on what is allowed and what is not regarding altitude training, real and artificial.
Why? How are you gonna enforce it?

ASK THE COMMUNITY