The "Maximilian Schachmann deserves a thread" thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, Schachmann is really, really good on short climbs (okay, it's hard to say after last year that Fuglsang isn't) and time trials and is really fast.

Fuglsang is more of an endurance guy who is probably better on longer climbs.

Both have skillsets that provide ample opportunity for winning one-week races but they vary quite a lot from each other.

They do have one thing in common, though: They are seriously good bike riders.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Jul 28, 2019
Yes, Schachmann is really, really good on short climbs (okay, it's hard to say after last year that Fuglsang isn't) and time trials and is really fast.

Fuglsang is more of an endurance guy who is probably better on longer climbs.

Both have skillsets that provide ample opportunity for winning one-week races but they vary quite a lot from each other.

They do have one thing in common, though: They are seriously good bike riders.

He said now in several recent post P-N interviews that his absolut main goal is to become a GT GC rider. And that he has been working on it for a while. The strong showing at Algrave and the Paris Nice victroy is showing that he is on the right track he says. He already wanted to ride for the GC this years Giro.
Classics don't seem to be a priority anymore.

His original goals of the season, Giro + Olympics, have been abandoned due to corona.

He is now riding the Tour in support of Buchmann and will be targeting the classics. Ardennes, Strade and Lombardia unsurprisingly but he is also scheduled to do both Flanders and Roubaix.

Would love to see that.

He could be really good in Flanders. I already hoped that he will ride that race sometimes. I don't know how he handles the cobbles in Paris-Roubaix. Perhaps he is a bit to light for it.
Beside helping Buchmann, he will be probably allowed to go for stages. I think the main helpers for Buchmann in the mountains are Kämna, Mühlberger and Großschartner.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS