• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The "Maximilian Schachmann deserves a thread" thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Red Rick said:
If he's really smart I doubt he can't understand why he's not a favorite for a GT.
I am sure (although I don't know) he never said that he could win the Tour this year or something like that. His comments were likely referring to the eventual possibility of him challenging for GT wins in the future, which would be fair, imo.

Max already had some hype in the U23 ranks, he won a hard MTF in Valle d'Aosta with a long range attack and finished 7th on gc (a stacked field with Frankiny, Mas, Padun, Reyes, Ravasi, Aguirre, him, Sivakov, Jose Luis Rodriguez and Bjorg Lambrecht in the top 10). After that he also won the Tour Alsace.
Him being so punchy is a bit of a surprise, but he was always a good climber in the U23 ranks, he was a bit like a young Tony Martin at HTC.

Re:

tobydawq said:
This guy has won 40 percent of all stages in WorldTour stage races since I opened this thread.

Completely unstoppable in Itzulia.
That thread had a good timing. You could kinda see this coming with his great showing in Catalunya, but still, chapeau for making this thread before these mutant performances. :D

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
This guy has won 40 percent of all stages in WorldTour stage races since I opened this thread.

That thread had a good timing. You could kinda see this coming with his great showing in Catalunya, but still, chapeau for making this thread before these mutant performances. :D
Bettiol thread timing was even better.

Believe he has won 100% of monuments since that puppy was made.

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:

I made it after stage 1 of Catalunya, so I didn't have much evidence from that race. It was more his Strade performance that was insane.

tobydawq said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
tobydawq said:
Koronin said:
Another stage win today. Very impressive at the Tour of Basque Country.

Er, no?
I think he's a day behind due to timezones?

You can't be more than 13 hours behind Spanish time. It's about midday on the American eastern coast right now.

Yea, in Vegas it is 9 am when the races usually finish in Spain. Though I thought Maximillian won as well at first when I was readying the results on ProCycling Stats.

tobydawq said:
tobydawq said:
Koronin said:

Er, no?

You can't be more than 13 hours behind Spanish time. It's about midday on the American eastern coast right now.

Sure, but you can't expect people's days to revolve around this race. So if she still didn't have a chance to see "yesterday's race, today", then she'd effectively be a day behind. As, as it turns out, was the case. IIRC, Koronin also said (maybe in a different thread) that she was recording the race to watch later.

Koronin said:
Sorry was catching up on yesterday's stage when I posted that. Don't think today's stage was over at that point. (Also got a little behind due to some major computer problems yesterday. Problems hopefully are now fixed.)

Yes I'm a she.

The stage wasn't completely over at that point, but it was in a definitive phase.

tobydawq said:
tobydawq said:
Koronin said:

Er, no?

Sure, but you can't expect people's days to revolve around this race. So if she still didn't have a chance to see "yesterday's race, today", then she'd effectively be a day behind. As, as it turns out, was the case. IIRC, Koronin also said (maybe in a different thread) that she was recording the race to watch later.

Koronin said:
Sorry was catching up on yesterday's stage when I posted that. Don't think today's stage was over at that point. (Also got a little behind due to some major computer problems yesterday. Problems hopefully are now fixed.)

Yes I'm a she.

The stage wasn't completely over at that point, but it was in a definitive phase.

Unfortunately this race isn't on TV over here so have to go hunt for stages after they are over or find highlights of them. Otherwise unless it's basically the Tour of California races get watched after they are over. :(

Yes there are many times I'll get a day or even two behind with races due to time differences and work and other stuff. (By next month the ocean should be warm enough to start swimming in it.)

These last two stages have been promising signs for Schachmann for the future. I think he exceded the expectations of most people climbing-wise. What makes it more impressive is that he can seemingly ride at a high pace, even drop several times and come back, over a longer period of time. It seems that his engine is suitable to these kind of stages which makes me want to believe that, if he can improve his overall climbing step by step, he could also defend himself well in the very high ground of the Grand Tours.

Re:

Sestriere said:
These last two stages have been promising signs for Schachmann for the future. I think he exceded the expectations of most people climbing-wise. What makes it more impressive is that he can seemingly ride at a high pace, even drop several times and come back, over a longer period of time. It seems that his engine is suitable to these kind of stages which makes me want to believe that, if he can improve his overall climbing step by step, he could also defend himself well in the very high ground of the Grand Tours.
Would be such a waste of time and talent.

Should focus on TT's and hilly classics instead.

TRENDING THREADS