• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The media's contribution to the Armstrong Lie

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
The groupies willingness to embarrass themselves in defense of their hero never gets old.

What's even more embarrassing is that some will comment on news stories using accounts linked to their real names.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
jimmypop said:
What's even more embarrassing is that some will comment on news stories using accounts linked to their real names.
news to me Gunderson is on his passport?

musta been why he was using Jim Jannard's jet and Netjets, to skirt customs with a name like that, dont blame him.

eleven said:
it is quite funny that people suddenly want one to divulge "credible sources" after all of the myriad claims, charges etc...levied here every day that go without source.

Heck, even the article being discussed relies on "unnamed sources".

So, I have an un-named source. Thanks.

New York Times? Sports Illustrated? Kimmage's paper? You are asking readers to believe that they aspire to be the Weekly World News. Moreover, you want me to believe these media outlets aren't keenly aware of the legal expenses false content would generate. Right?

If there was point of fact to discredit very damning claims made, then Pharmstrong can call any media outlet he desires and feed them a scoop. Except we all know there are so many historical lies being honest at this point is not possible. Instead, we get a ridiculous retelling of the myth appears as an AP story.

You have no credible proof. Now is the time to recommend to Public Strategies they make some up.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
Also, consider this serious point:

VI. SOCIO-ECONOMIC OBLIGATIONS

"D. Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, Pub. L. No. 200-690, obligates a non-commercial item Government contractor, who has a contract over $100,000, to meet certain requirements designed to keep the work place free of illegal drugs.

Dig in.

If Lance gets brought down by a "Drug-Free Workplace" violation I will chuckle.
So will my Stoner MailPerson lol.
Hookers and Blow

Race Radio said:
The team (The Company in the contract) entered into an agreement where it promised to fire any rider who took part in

No it didn't

The contract states quote "ALLOWS the company to SUSPEND or terminate the rider" unquote.

It does not FORCE or REQUIRE the company to suspend or fire.
It ALLOWS them to.

Could protect the Company from a wrongful termination suit launched by a rider. Not that a rider would do that lol.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
If Lance gets brought down by a "Drug-Free Workplace" violation I will chuckle. So will my Stoner MailPerson lol.
Hookers and Blow

Prepare to clear your throat. Al Capone, murderer of many and bootlegger to a nation was brought down by the tax code.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Troll babble

It appears you missed the part where the agreed to take action within 30 days if any rider is found guilty of the morals clause.

They took no action, in fact they encouraged the violation of the clause.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It appears you missed the part where the agreed to take action within 30 days if any rider is found guilty of the morals clause.

They took no action, in fact they encouraged the violation of the clause.

I did not see that in the contract.

Maybe Lance flushed it down the toilet to spite the USPS?

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
news to me Gunderson is on his passport?

musta been why he was using Jim Jannard's jet and Netjets, to skirt customs with a name like that, dont blame him.

Must say blackcat a lot of your posts have info straight from the horses mouth(horse steroids), but at the same time can be cryptic. Some one such as RR would be
able to tune in. Don't know about others but I struggle sometimes.

Gunderson was his fathers surname wasn't it. Do you care to extrapolate on current post? Maybe too much info would reveal your ID.
Sometimes I think that you and Novitzky compare notes! ....just rambling.

cheers

Find me an accountant involved in fraud and whom does not lie! ---- Now find me a doper who does not lie!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Moreover, you want me to believe these media outlets aren't keenly aware of the legal expenses false content would generate. Right?

No, that's not right. I don't "want" you to believe anything. You are free to take or leave any information.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
eleven said:
No, that's not right. I don't "want" you to believe anything. You are free to take or leave any information.

Another one of those folks who doesn't care about Armstrong, eh?

Trust me when I say we've seen all the archetypes here before.

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Velonews ??

thehog said:

Well this is not the normal one sided fan boy type article from Velonews one would expect. I read the address bar again to check if I was on the correct site!

Neal Rogers dropped this clanger in there "his decision to return no doubt lifted the industry". I disagree, but I can tolerate it, bearing in mind the article overrall was reasonably balanced.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/02/news/the-armstrong-comeback-was-it-worth-it_160266

The comments section proved refreshing, including wide ranging opinions

In the comments section from articwitch
"Thanks for printing the facts which all the chamois sniffing Fred's seem to dispute exist"

and from the Man
"BROUGHT AWARENESS TO A HORRIBLE DISEASE?! Wake UP. If you needed Lance to make you aware (or the world for that matter) of cancer, then you are living under a rock"

If I remember correctly, 8 months ago, these comments would have been deleted.

If Velonews continues a balanced approach to their content, I may even bookmark the site and visit regularly.

cheers

Find me an accountant involved in fraud and whom does not lie! ---- Now find me a doper who does not lie!

Granville57 said:
When people come on here and cast out the "hater" label. Why do they think that that is something that I would hide from?
I hate StrongArm for all his lies, deception and manipulation. Clear enough?

Bingo! And those are the undeniable facts that the "hate labeling" Armstrong apologists hate to hear.

TRENDING THREADS