• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Move Podcast

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
From the little stuff I have seen from Wiggo on the moto, I must say he is a natural at that. Really great stuff tbh and very entertaining obviously.

I have listened to Armstrong a bit over the years. Cant really decide on him, but I love to listen to Hincapie. Bruynell is also a great listen.

Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
Juan Pelota said:
Anyone know who won the race between George and Lance?
Anyone cares?
;)

No.
That said, Lance has the ball to reinvent himself.
Like others, I no longer care that the mofo attempted to ruin a lot of people's in order to perpetuate a myth. My only hope is that those he tried to ruin are properly compensated. He seem s to have accepted his fate and is now trying to move on (with multiple millions of dollars, no doubt). I tuned in to several episodes of The Move after stages when the results were obviously suspect, but there was no mention of the possibility of doping. He is as full of schit now as when he was riding. Hence, the broadcasts are as interesting as dry toast.
George has an understated charisma and appeal. He has the perfect personality to maintain a myth until the gig was finally up. I really like the guy.

Did you listen to the podcast? Hard to imagine him trying to twarth Contador when he knew he was his best chance of winning. He said it himself, lance was never going to have the form and shape nessecary after 3 years off living the celebrity life.
In one breath you're saying that there is no way he would purposely hinder Contador's efforts (I'm guessing that "twarth" s/b "thwart") knowing Contador was his best chance at winning and then indicate that he knew he wouldn't have the form to win due to the previous 3 years of high-life living. It's likely, based on Armstrong's past actions, that Contador being unwilling to relinquish his crown as defending Tour champion incited the need in Armstrong to pull rank, use his influence and stature in the sport to make things a bit uncomforable within the team. If anyone believes that Bruyneel didn't want to further the fairy tale by favoring his guy/Armstrong's chances to win the Tour then they are being naive.
The audacity to believe that he could just return to the sport at that advanced age, to the defending Tour champion's team, and expect complete capitulation without any blowback is not surprising. What is rather interesting is that he was qouted as saying during the 2009 Tour that he wasn't surprised that Contador, to paraphrase Armstrong, "Didn't follow the script/game plan".

Edit: I mistakenly stated that Contador was the defending Tour champion, when in fact it was Sastre. His Astana team had been banned from the Tour the previous year. Contador had won the year prior (2007).

Last edited:
I would love for The Move to dedicate an episode or miniseries to Lance’s return, the hubris involved in that, the trade offs navigated (dope to win 8th Tour but risk whole legacy...we saw how that turned out), what other teammates thought about the Contador/Britney feud, and the internal dynamics involved. It would be awesome to hear Lance actually talk about it rather than just making arrogant, bullying comments about Contador being a “creep,” and to have Contador on there discussing with Bruyneel. It will never happen, though, because as much as I enjoy Bruyneel’s commentary and insights, Lance and JB are not interested in objectivity. JB is largely a useless sycophant in particular. Hincapie, Bruyneel, and Contador digging into the 2009 Tour would be incredible. Hincapie as facilitator.

Given Bruyneel’s previous commentary, I was surprised he didn’t acknowledge that it is perfectly possible that Contador misinterpreted his actions and believed, then and now, that Bruyneel was angling for a Lance win, even though Bruyneel was not. That doesn’t mean Contador is “rewriting history;” it means he had a different interpretation of historical events. Both views now are clouded by time and subjectivity.

its word against word regards to the Lance/AC/JB-saga in 2009 and frankly I dont really care no more, but I have listened to the podcast and Bruynell comes across as very informed (also on present cycling, contrary to Lance) and is super sharp tactically as you would expect. I really enjoy listening to him.

Reactions: rick james
Lance says often,probably weekly that he doesn't have lots of inside sources anymore. JB doesn't say that but appears to be fairly good w his analysis. George probably has lots of current techniques and trends w his sponsorship of development teams.
I listen from time to time but don't find Lance all that good. I am fascinated about money and Lance. He has a hedge fund going w w few pretty big investors, he is also said to be making some cash w the podcast and other things. I personally am glad to see that Armstrong and the other users from his team found the free market. If you like him you listen,monetize his work,if you don't you listen to something else..

its word against word regards to the Lance/AC/JB-saga in 2009 and frankly I dont really care no more, but I have listened to the podcast and Bruynell comes across as very informed (also on present cycling, contrary to Lance) and is super sharp tactically as you would expect. I really enjoy listening to him.
I feel dirty and unclean saying it, but Bruyneel knows much, much more about bike racing than I ever gave him credit for.

The way he called the TDF TTT was uncanny.

I feel dirty and unclean saying it, but Bruyneel knows much, much more about bike racing than I ever gave him credit for.

The way he called the TDF TTT was uncanny.

I hear you. He is expert level when it comes to breaking things down. He sees everything. Lance is a turd, but when he says Bruyneel is the smartest guy in cycling, he's probably right.

I enjoy the podcast, but I prefer the Cycling Podcast. Trouble is it's usually not out when I'm going home from work!!

Pardon if it's too much to ask, but what did he say about the TDF TTT? :)
Bruyneel said that Ineos (who started first) would set the fastest time, and would hold it until the last team of the day (DQS), as the rest of the real contenders would have each other as rabbits, gradually getting faster as the day went. He doubled down on it when he said that DQS usually overperform at TTTs and would be trying to get Alaphilippe into yellow.

I would love for The Move to dedicate an episode or miniseries to Lance’s return, the hubris involved in that, the trade offs navigated (dope to win 8th Tour but risk whole legacy...we saw how that turned out), what other teammates thought about the Contador/Britney feud, and the internal dynamics involved. It would be awesome to hear Lance actually talk about it rather than just making arrogant, bullying comments about Contador being a “creep,” and to have Contador on there discussing with Bruyneel. It will never happen, though, because as much as I enjoy Bruyneel’s commentary and insights, Lance and JB are not interested in objectivity. JB is largely a useless sycophant in particular. Hincapie, Bruyneel, and Contador digging into the 2009 Tour would be incredible. Hincapie as facilitator.

Given Bruyneel’s previous commentary, I was surprised he didn’t acknowledge that it is perfectly possible that Contador misinterpreted his actions and believed, then and now, that Bruyneel was angling for a Lance win, even though Bruyneel was not. That doesn’t mean Contador is “rewriting history;” it means he had a different interpretation of historical events. Both views now are clouded by time and subjectivity.
Spot on. Maybe Bruyneel really didn't care who won (I still believe he would have rather seen Lance win, but he quickly realized that wasn't possible), but it shouldn't be too surprising that Contador felt Bruyneel was on Lance's side considering their relationship and Lance's bullying. The media attention probably also played a big role. I think it's unfair to say Bruyneel's side is the true story, they just both had and still have a different view on the same story.

Reactions: perico
I used to enjoy the Move, but this year I started to find it disturbing.

Armstrong was at his best when red-rim eyed, gaunt, shocked and struggling with his downfall.

He's got his feet back under the table now, profile rising, and the hubristic Lance of old is back.

TRENDING THREADS