• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The "MVP" Mathieu Van der Poel Road Discussion Thread

Page 164 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the video where you can't see *** all?
lol i tried watching it 5 times and cant see anything after the girls knocks and runs
I saw him in underwear pinning a girl to the floor? I am still in disbelief. I understand by now that it actually jins hninnmmmmmmmm

(Yeah that was my cat posting the last words.)

I understand that it's him in the video. I am still a bit shocked and quite frankly even amused. It's so absurd. He was waiting behind his door so he had time to put on pants before going berserk.

Last edited:
You have to be kidding????!!?
You can't sue the hotel if you didnt first report this to the front desk and ask their security to take care of it.
Ridiculous
I am not kidding?!#+_*//%%^$)-)€%??

I spoke of the hotel or the parents. There have been reports his girlfriend tried to reason with the girls. Do you know for a fact they never contacted the front desk? The parents knew their kids did this all the time, has been stated even before court. Parents are responsible for the actions of their minor kids.

Reactions: jmdirt

I spoke of the hotel or the parents. There have been reports his girlfriend tried to reason with the girls. Do you know for a fact they never contacted the front desk? The parents knew their kids did this all the time, has been stated even before court. Parents are responsible for the actions of their minor kids.
Good God man,
He never contacted the front desk
As for suing the parents?
Lol good luck with that -
"Your honour, these miscreants knocked on my door repeatedly and thus I was unable to sleep resulting in a whoop recovery score of 41 causing me to abandon the WCRR."

Meanwhile he chased the kids INTO THEIR ROOM AND ASSULTED THEM FOR WHICH HE PLEAD GUILTY!!! If anyone is at risk of lawsuit it is MVDP

Relying on Google translate:

MVDP also discussed what he should have done differently. “I should have informed the reception or someone else anyway. But it was getting late and I just wanted to sleep. I thought I could solve it myself, because in the end it turned out completely wrong. Unfortunately I can't change it anymore."

The idea he has grounds to sue anyone is absolutely laughable.

The idea he has grounds to sue anyone is absolutely laughable.
To you.

It seems you have a hard time separating two different matters. At this moment in time there is no question that he was completely at fault reacting the way he did. That doesn't change the fact that he had been harassed for hours by kids, of whom the parents were aware they did these kinds of things, preventing him from sleeping which would have impacted his performance the next day regardless. His reaction does not change what happened before.

Good God man,
"Your honour, these miscreants knocked on my door repeatedly and thus I was unable to sleep resulting in a whoop recovery score of 41 causing me to abandon the WCRR."

Meanwhile he chased the kids INTO THEIR ROOM AND ASSULTED THEM FOR WHICH HE PLEAD GUILTY!!! If anyone is at risk of lawsuit it is MVDP
Two separate cases.
  1. Harassing a professional such that he can't perform
  2. Assault of the girls

Good God man,

I see you suffer from the same condition as King Boonen. Hope they find a cure soon.

:tearsofjoy:

Jesus. You really seem to be a noob in life.

I hope one day you are faced with a similar situation where you can feel your sheer powerlessness to affect the outcome and are nevertheless punished by acting.
He was far, far from a situation of sheer powerlessness, not even close. He could have:
Gone back to his original room with the teammate roommate (by far the best option)
Called his coaches and have them make sure he wasn’t interrupted again by posting someone in hall
Called his coaches and have them go be the heavy with the paren
Called the hotel to intervene (I wouldn’t have a lot of faith that would work).
Asked his girlfriend to sit outside for awhile.

instead, he lies in wait and chases them? Very strange

Partner reaction to video was creating "subs" because I've laughed uncontrollable for half an hour at the video:

"I'm come to catch you!"

"Here I am your worst teenage nightmare"

"You cannot escape me I am faster than you, I'm biking"

Humour being the best way to handle tragedy.

Remember this guy? It’ll be 9 years tomorrow since that attack.

B2LPFT5es262NukJoPur6N-1024-80.jpg.webp

The latest attack is a meme for The Backrooms! Still can’t believe what’s happened tbh.

To you.

It seems you have a hard time separating two different matters. At this moment in time there is no question that he was completely at fault reacting the way he did. That doesn't change the fact that he had been harassed for hours by kids, of whom the parents were aware they did these kinds of things, preventing him from sleeping which would have impacted his performance the next day regardless. His reaction does not change what happened before.
This is hilarious. First he’s going to have prove financial loss, because could have won is unlikely to cut it, then he’s going to have to prove it was their actions that caused him to be taken in to a police station, spoiler alert, it was his actions that caused that, and then he’s going to have to prove he took all reasonable measures to resolve the issue, which he’s already admitted he didn’t.

You know what has a small but greater chance of succeeding, and certainly damaging a reputation? The case against a man who let kids messing about go on for so long, without taking several obvious steps to resolve the issue, that he couldn’t control himself any more and charged out of his room, in only his underwear, and assaulted two young girls. He’s lucky no one came around the corner to find him running about in his tighty-whiteys pushing a screaming girl into a hotel room.

If he and his people are even remotely intelligent they will do absolutely everything they can to make this disappear quickly and quietly.

MVDP reacted like an idiot, the girls who did the prank acted like idiots and their parents seem to be the biggest idiots.
The mother only concerned about threats by MvdP and not one iota about the insufferable behavior of her moronic daughter, says volumes about what is wrong with parenting today in the so-called developed world.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS