• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Official ACF94-reaches-10K-posts thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
To this day I'm sure blackcat had inside info on the Evans-BMC transfer. At least he was correct on that one, unlike The Hog and Contador will join Garmin by September 5 2009...

He read a rumour on the Sporza website and went with the rumour as knowledge. Kinda like DAOTEC.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
ACF you may not know me because I do not post a lot but I sure do read this forum a lot. Congrats on your 10000 post, I can safely say you are the most entertaining person on this forum and I love to read it for your post. Im amazed with you devotion to cycling and this forum. You never fail to put a smile even though you get teased occasionally. Keep up the hysterical evans and BMC supporting!

Anyone want to see ACF at his Evans cheering best, look at this thread, particularly from page 2 onwards where most of his comments have "edited by mod" somewhere in them.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=8412

Also, him getting baited by Wonderlance

Also, since im making the post anyway, him getting baited by WL

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=5724&highlight=armstrong&page=605
:D

Cycloid said:
Hitch, been looking for this all day. Can I borrow your crystal ball next week?

I just said an Ozzie would win. But sure, i can help you out for this week. A Spaniard will win Catalunia and an Italian will win Bartoli;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Anyone want to see ACF at his Evans cheering best, look at this thread, particularly from page 2 onwards where most of his comments have "edited by mod" somewhere in them.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=8412

Also, him getting baited by Wonderlance

Also, since im making the post anyway, him getting baited by WL

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=5724&highlight=armstrong&page=605
:D

I just said an Ozzie would win. But sure, i can help you out for this week. A Spaniard will win Catalunia and an Italian will win Bartoli;)

I actually had a few threads of which I baited Wonderlance....

skidmark said:
Well let me tell you about a guy named ACF94. If each post can be thought of as a bit of information about yourself, we know more about this guy than anyone else on the board. When these forums started out, I was (and still am) an avid reader but moderate participant. But I saw alot of this little Cadel fan. His completely blind fanboyism and abrasive opposition to anyone making fun of his favorite rider were things that I found a little bit annoying, and unfortunately my first impression of him was negative.

But over the 2 years these boards have been around, we've actually seen our little ACF grow, in fits and starts granted, but there are very few occasions in my life where I've seen a poster visibly mature in relationship to the board they post on. ACF has achieved this. I still remember, like it was yesterday, when Blackcat correctly surmised that Evans would go to BMC, and it inspired the hissy fit to end all hissy fits, where ACF insisted that must be wrong and Cadel would never go to such a useless team. Of course, he was wrong. That marked a watershed moment in my impression of ACF. After that, it seemed to me he took a long look (conscious or not) with his relationship with the board, and decided that it would be much better to be laughing with people than having them laugh at him.

This has been a transition to the ACF we know now, who is quick to make fun of his own (well-known) preferences in rider, team, etc; who has turned his 'war' with the dutch mafia into more of a friendly battle; who has been as quick to admit error as he is to claim that he breaks nationwide news stories. I, for one, never thought I'd see him admit in the clinic that although he hopes and thinks Cadel is clean, he must remain open minded to the possibility that he isn't. All the while, he has maintained his earnestness, beautifully captured in his 10,000th post here, that I find to be his most endearing quality. Sure, he can sometimes be quick to respond testily to someone making a negative comment about him or things he likes, but so can we all sometimes, I'm sure you just see more of it when someone posts 10 thousand times. But you know where you stand with ACF, he leaves it all on the table (or the board, so to speak).

And so, to ACF, I toast you on your numerical achievement, and hope that you continue to grow through this forum, and continue to contribute your seemingly endless enthusiasm to the discussions here.

Congrats.

Good post, totally agree.

Go Cuddles!!!!

Hugh

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
Well let me tell you about a guy named ACF94. If each post can be thought of as a bit of information about yourself, we know more about this guy than anyone else on the board. When these forums started out, I was (and still am) an avid reader but moderate participant. But I saw alot of this little Cadel fan. His completely blind fanboyism and abrasive opposition to anyone making fun of his favorite rider were things that I found a little bit annoying, and unfortunately my first impression of him was negative.

But over the 2 years these boards have been around, we've actually seen our little ACF grow, in fits and starts granted, but there are very few occasions in my life where I've seen a poster visibly mature in relationship to the board they post on. ACF has achieved this. I still remember, like it was yesterday, when Blackcat correctly surmised that Evans would go to BMC, and it inspired the hissy fit to end all hissy fits, where ACF insisted that must be wrong and Cadel would never go to such a useless team. Of course, he was wrong. That marked a watershed moment in my impression of ACF. After that, it seemed to me he took a long look (conscious or not) with his relationship with the board, and decided that it would be much better to be laughing with people than having them laugh at him.

This has been a transition to the ACF we know now, who is quick to make fun of his own (well-known) preferences in rider, team, etc; who has turned his 'war' with the dutch mafia into more of a friendly battle; who has been as quick to admit error as he is to claim that he breaks nationwide news stories. I, for one, never thought I'd see him admit in the clinic that although he hopes and thinks Cadel is clean, he must remain open minded to the possibility that he isn't. All the while, he has maintained his earnestness, beautifully captured in his 10,000th post here, that I find to be his most endearing quality. Sure, he can sometimes be quick to respond testily to someone making a negative comment about him or things he likes, but so can we all sometimes, I'm sure you just see more of it when someone posts 10 thousand times. But you know where you stand with ACF, he leaves it all on the table (or the board, so to speak).

And so, to ACF, I toast you on your numerical achievement, and hope that you continue to grow through this forum, and continue to contribute your seemingly endless enthusiasm to the discussions here.

Congrats.

The cyclingnews forum provides an imagined audience for some people who have no real audience.

...It also provides anonymity.

...And allows the assumption of authority. and un- earned arrogance

this forum is a frustrated fantasists perfect platform.

Posters can safely fantasize that 1000s of people are spellbound by their takes on procycling. they believe every reader of the board knows that they post only in the pro cycling forum because they are THE core cycling fan. They were here first and they are not going to respond to anything they didn't post first. they reread every word they post and they can elevate themselves from a barely-informed JoeShmoe to expert on all subjects pro cycling. attempts to challenge their opinions are barbless and without consequence.

they post late at night like it is the last 5 k on Ventoux and they are in the break. they believe the only reason a rider beats cadel evans is that riders dad didn't hate him.

they tell wifey to "shut up I am waiting for a reply to my thread" when she calls for dinner

they are the first to scream "don't blame me for the demise of the forum because I talk only cycling and I was here first" and such individuals feel a sense of power in a world that might seek to minimize such feelings otherwise.

they believe that posting here brings them closer to the peloton and fantasize that Cadel himself is reading his posts.

over time they expect the respect of mods and feel they set the persona that is the forum.
they cling to the mouse with a trigger finger waiting for cyclingforum news-breaks so they can rehash them in a thread like they broke the story

ultimately disappointing and depressed pm's flood the mods ask Why Me Why didnt I get the sticky?????

and no I am not talking about brodeal. he got a sticky

(alas I can accept the irony of my own posting)

good night googleboy

bo

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
The cyclingnews forum provides an imagined audience for some people who have no real audience.

...It also provides anonymity.

...And allows the assumption of authority. and un- earned arrogance

this forum is a frustrated fantasists perfect platform.

Posters can safely fantasize that 1000s of people are spellbound by their takes on procycling. they believe every reader of the board knows that they post only in the pro cycling forum because they are THE core cycling fan. They were here first and they are not going to respond to anything they didn't post first. they reread every word they post and they can elevate themselves from a barely-informed JoeShmoe to expert on all subjects pro cycling. attempts to challenge their opinions are barbless and without consequence.

they post late at night like it is the last 5 k on Ventoux and they are in the break. they believe the only reason a rider beats cadel evans is that riders dad didn't hate him.

they tell wifey to "shut up I am waiting for a reply to my thread" when she calls for dinner

they are the first to scream "don't blame me for the demise of the forum because I talk only cycling and I was here first" and such individuals feel a sense of power in a world that might seek to minimize such feelings otherwise.

they believe that posting here brings them closer to the peloton and fantasize that Cadel himself is reading his posts.

over time they expect the respect of mods and feel they set the persona that is the forum.
they cling to the mouse with a trigger finger waiting for cyclingforum news-breaks so they can rehash them in a thread like they broke the story

ultimately disappointing and depressed pm's flood the mods ask Why Me Why didnt I get the sticky?????

and no I am not talking about brodeal. he got a sticky

(alas I can accept the irony of my own posting)

good night googleboy

bo

good night boeing, i won't be reading your posts again.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I think it is important to note that I only insult the people I have the most in common with.

all in the game ozpsychofan. good looking out and I must admit you can take a beat down like no one I know. it's my shout next round peace

TRENDING THREADS