• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 109 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Even if he is training properly he must reinforce the muscles around his body. Because he would be weak and in danger of crashing again. So I's say that not only is his stamina that is an issue but the strength of his body. IMHO.
Assuming his recovery is being closely monitored by the relevant experts, I would be surprised if Egan's musculoskeletal strength would not be recovered before his stamina and aerobic fitness.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Really? Did VDP have the necessary racing in his legs to podium his first race of the season in a monument?
VDP did not reportedly crash into a parked bus at 60 kph. I find it shocking, to say the least, that he is even pedaling again, let alone training to return to World Tour competition. Evidently there are two states of multiple broken bones and a punctured lung between mere mortals and elite cyclists on Ineos. Naturally I am happy he is well, but the whole affair is a mystery.

• Wow
Egan Bernal reappears in Ineos practices with Richard Carapaz

FRmCq7HWUAAypw8

I'm very curious on how a top form Bernal would have fared in this year Tour de France.
And hopefully next year everyone (Roglic, Poggie, Vingo, Bernal) will be healthy and avoid fall so that we can have epic battles.
A top Bernal would finish 10 minutes behind Vingegaard. Stop with the nonsense, Bernal is not remotely close to the level of Vingegaard and Pogi

I'm very curious on how a top form Bernal would have fared in this year Tour de France.
And hopefully next year everyone (Roglic, Poggie, Vingo, Bernal) will be healthy and avoid fall so that we can have epic battles.
Hard to say. We've actually not seen Bernal at his highest level except for a brief time in the 2019 tour on the landslide stage. He hurt his back in 2020, won the Giro in less than dominant fashion despite that crazy stage 16 win, then this year is a write off.

In my mind he's as good as Vingegaard going uphill but with a worse TT. But I don't have much evidence to support that. He's very strong in one day races when healthy, too.

A top Bernal would finish 10 minutes behind Vingegaard. Stop with the nonsense, Bernal is not remotely close to the level of Vingegaard and Pogi
Bernal had won a tour and a Giro before anybody had even heard of Vingegaard. He is also young and still improving. He's certainly better than Thomas who is 36 and didn't finish 10 minutes behind. Your hyperbole re JV is silly.

TRENDING THREADS