• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In addition to all of the above, I can’t believe there’s a WT team with enough money to compete with Sky and stupid enough to not realize that GT is a Sky creation. We’re talking about the third cyclist who Sky have turned from mediocre GC rider into Tour de France winner. He would never achieve anything close to this with any other team.

Re:

AlexNYC said:
In addition to all of the above, I can’t believe there’s a WT team with enough money to compete with Sky and stupid enough to not realize that GT is a Sky creation. We’re talking about the third cyclist who Sky have turned from mediocre GC rider into Tour de France winner. He would never achieve anything close to this with any other team.
Wigans "turned" at Garmin

Re: Re:

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
AlexNYC said:
Wigans "turned" at Garmin

How could I forget the Verbier stage! That was quite the WTF moment.

How does that sit in the Team Sky infrastructure, where it is such a team with British heritage but you’ve got a cosmopolitan cast? Can you imagine a Colombian winning the Tour for Team Sky?

Brailsford: “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don’t think a Colombian has won a Tour, have they?

“I mean, Nairo has won the Giro and the Vuelta so I think those Grand Tours have been won by a Colombian…. But I don’t think a Colombian has won [the Tour]. So why couldn’t we be the first team to have a Colombian win the Tour de France – that’d be pretty good fun.

“So, you know… that’s probably where we’ll be heading.”

Unfortunately he crashed hard today in the Classica San Sebastian. They were stretched off into the ambulance along with Landa. Bad luck.

Video of the crash:
https://twitter.com/Eurosport_IT/status/1025775029445959680

Being stretched off:
https://twitter.com/ignaciooziyaho1/status/1025769135828086784

Update from Sky after the race:
2vKmjAk.png

TRENDING THREADS