• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So it is clear, Bernal won't be at the Tour:

Let him finish this race please before they ask him.

Double Giro-Vuelta and join the exclusive club. There is still time for another Tour later. Now of course he has to finish this race.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I would be shocked if he is anywhere near Roglic; I ll go even further, I will be surprised if he is able to follow the JV train at all times
Damn, this is an interesting opinion. I'm a huge believer in Roglic supremacy but I wouldn't expect him to drop Bernal in his current form - apart from last 500m MTF sprint of course.... I'd say Roglič could gain a couple of seconds here and there but other than that I think he'd have to rely on TT to get it done.

But there's always a weaker field argument of course - so I'm not entirely sure about my opinion...

Damn, this is an interesting opinion. I'm a huge believer in Roglic supremacy but I wouldn't expect him to drop Bernal in his current form - apart from last 500m MTF sprint of course.... I'd say Roglič could gain a couple of seconds here and there but other than that I think he'd have to rely on TT to get it done.

But there's always a weaker field argument of course - so I'm not entirely sure about my opinion...

It was about Thomas, not Bernal.

Reactions: topt and BlueRoads

This is the Bernal thread, so we talk about Thomas. In the Thomas thread we talk about Bernal. It is the new forum guidelines!

This was about Thomas, Bernal I agree, it would be damn close if we are talking about mountains; in Vuelta or steep Giro climbs I think Bernal could even drop Roglic

Reactions: bNator

TRENDING THREADS