• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Official Lance-Oprah Excuse Contest

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
frenchfry said:
But they were at the top level ONLY because they were doing it.

Best of the dopers isn't necessarily the best overall, if they are riding clean. So no level playing field after all.

In any case, someone decided there shouldn't be doping, there are rules, if you break them and get caught you are out. Simple. Lancey-poo wasn't the first and won't be the last to be sanctioned.

Not to mention the aiding and abetting, trafficking, bullying, bribing etc. etc.

Yes I agree with all of what you have said but to give a few examples of clean riders when they were/are hundreds of non clean riders is a bit pointless. Doping isn't only a problem in the very top end of the sport either, it also affects the lower levels and even amateurs.

SundayRider said:
Yes I agree with all of what you have said but to give a few examples of clean riders when they were/are hundreds of non clean riders is a bit pointless. Doping isn't only a problem in the very top end of the sport either, it also affects the lower levels and even amateurs.

The idea isn't to ask those who are doping to raise their hands and if they are a majority then it is OK.

You dope, you are cheating. You don't appear to agree but those are the rules and some followed them.

Anyway, you are obviously here to cloud the issue and attempt to justify doping.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
frenchfry said:
The idea isn't to ask those who are doping to raise their hands and if they are a majority then it is OK.

You dope, you are cheating. You don't appear to agree but those are the rules and some followed them.

Anyway, you are obviously here to cloud the issue and attempt to justify doping.

No not at all, couldn't be further from the truth, deplore doping and cheats. LA cheated the clean riders who didn't make it to the pro ranks and all the other doped pros.

Hugh Januss said:
How on earth would we know?

Not that hard really:

Insincere Lance
t1_armstrong1.jpg

Sincere Lance
disdain.jpg

Dave.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
SundayRider said:
I full agree they were at the top level because of doping but you can't deny that there were vast amounts of professional riders doing a lot of doping. Many many times more were, than weren't.

Nope.....there are hundreds who walked away from the sport when it became clear they would have to dope.

You would be surprised how many riders would prefer not to take transfusions.

May 19, 2012
Visit site
SundayRider said:
"Everyone was doing it" "Level playing field"
Everyone at the top level was doing it though, you've come up with barely a dozen examples some of whom were competing in the pre EPO era and as you can't 'prove' that they were clean anyway.

Clearly you either didn't read or comprehend many of the affadavits.

Zabriskie sounded like he was really enthusiastic about doping eh?

Armstrong spends more in one night on hookers and blow than what they paid the guy for a year and broke down when he was backed into a corner.

Vandevelde was trying to do the bare minimum and he got a talking to from LA....

Vaughters was guilt ridden and couldn't take the money from CA because he knew he couldn't produce the results he thought they expected, so he retired...

Your comments are absurd and uninformed at best..

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
True but I doubt everyone had the money to afford the help needed to dope nor the help to cheat the system

Do we know how much the average pro rider earned back then...

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not gonna lie, yeah, I gave UCI money. A lot of us did. It was to fund doping measures. :p

Why would I call a woman who looks like Kate Jackson *****? :D

Did I snitch on Tyler Hamilton? Whoever said that is a liar.

Oprah: ya'll I know, I know. But the questions I'm gonna ask did not come from my pal lance, I mean mr. armstrong. I assure you I thought 'em up mah-self.

Yes, I partner with Discovery but I have long been mah own woman.

lance: Apologize to who for what Oprah?

I'll will towards my ex teammates. Ummm... nah! I wish them well whatever they do. :mad:

I had/have no relationship with Heinnie. :)

Can Tour de France be won without doping? Not by me!

Tyler Hamilton's book: *smacks lips, says mehhh* Tyler can write! *shrugs*

Oprah: Oops! Let's go to break, let's go to break. BREAK!!! Did you give me that question? LOL

May 9, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
1) witch-hunt
2) singled out
3) Everyone was using EPO.
4) All the riders I competed with consider me the seven time winner.
5) I need to get back to fighting cancer.
6) I worked harder than anyone else.
7) I am coming forward for my kids.
8) I was getting my ass kicked by dopers when I first went to Europe.
9) I could not tell the truth because of all the cancer sufferers who believed in me.
10) vendetta

11) Waste of taxpayer money.

AussieEdge said:
True but I doubt everyone had the money to afford the help needed to dope nor the help to cheat the system

Do we know how much the average pro rider earned back then...

I don't know. So many things suggest Hein and Pat were helping things along. Sure, there was money paid. When the UCI helps you by suppressing positives and more, money isn't fixing everything.

The drugs themselves were/are not fantastically expensive. It's figuring out the combination that doesn't kill you, doesn't end up with an Adverse Analytical Finding, AND gives the athlete the boost at exactly the right time for a podium AND interprets various tests correctly is where the money goes.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
1. Cancer made me desperate.
2. I made ONE bad decision, born out of desperation.
3. Cancer victims found a message of hope in my story.
4. Would you like to steal the hopes of cancer-stricken children?
5. Everything that happened later was a consequence of me feeling a desperate need to keep the ball rolling.
6. And I wasn't alone in profiting from this.
7. There were lots of people egging me on for their personal gain.
6. I've hurt a lot of people, and I'll have to live with that knowledge.
7. But cancer awareness and the message of hope is more important than my personal well-being.
8. I want to compete again, clean. Showing there IS hope after all.
9. I want to be able to look into my children's eyes with a clear conscience.
10. I want to keep up the work for the cancer community.
11. Knowing that you're doing real good in the battle against cancer is the ultimate reward.

Few names, dates and places will be given. It will all be about Lance Armstrong.

Race Radio said:
Primary focus will be smearing Travis, JV, and Tyler. Various Trolls. Everyone was doing it

Yes.

Am also waiting for the argument - glimpses have been provided - where he says that cancer victims understand that when it comes to medical help, you take all that you can get. You are fighting for your life.

I was fighting for my cycling life, for cancer even if I never donated a dime myself.

And, I was fighting for my cycling life for cancer against evil people (insert or infer some nationalities here...) who were not fighting for cancer and were not fighting for their life, but were using illegal drugs.

There are millions of people that will buy that craptastic rationalization. They already do.

Dave.

hektoren said:
1. Cancer made me desperate.
2. I made ONE bad decision, born out of desperation.
Few names, dates and places will be given. It will all be about Lance Armstrong.

Impressive, but it will go over like the infamous "I did not have s3x with that girl" denial/admission. The great thing is he can't sell contrition. He appears to be incapable.

Personal attacks are not a problem. Maybe that's why Hein likes him so much.