• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Official Oleg Tinkov thread.

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
damian13ster said:
I thought that logic only applies in kindergarden, and that this forum was above that level?
I am glad that someonce so eccentric is in cycling and that there are 3-4 very strong teams (of course would like for more teams to compete with successes). Makes for a much more interesting races and offseason.

Doesn't seem very illogical to me? Why mention it if he isn't bothered? But lets not squabble.

Anyway, glad we share an appreciation of Oleg and agree about the need for a stronger set of teams.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I would think that your first order of buisness upon attaining wealth such as Oleg's. Is to "bulletproof" that wealth.

I suspect he is using his platform to speak out on the growing concern. As to russian political/military moves. And the crushing economic repercussions.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Oleg's words were actually a bit mature this time. he was asking for ASO to share the huge money they are getting during tour.

frankly, i agree with him on the sharing of revenue part. ASO shud be ensuring that teams can afford to participate in lesser races

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
... and yet Olga (just some weeks ago) hit out against the "lesser" races. Don´t believe a word of this liar and narcissist. All he wants is more mansions and yachts. Self-centered loudspeaker. Somebody should shoot him back where he came from or at least media should ignore her...

Re:

murali said:
Oleg's words were actually a bit mature this time. he was asking for ASO to share the huge money they are getting during tour.

frankly, i agree with him on the sharing of revenue part. ASO shud be ensuring that teams can afford to participate in lesser races

There is no huge money to share.

What teams however should push for is ensuring maximum TV audiences. However it seems that outside of the Tee dee Ess nobody has grasped the idea that stages should actually finish later than 5 PM CET.

No love for the guy, but I respect he spoke out, he knew of possible consequences. In hiding now.

He already made an anti-war statement a lot earlier, at the start of March.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...g-tinkov-no-alla-guerra-appello-pavel-sivakov

If he survived Contador's fans he can survive anything.

Back on seriours matters, this topic made me search for the iconic and original Tinkoff team (the one who sparkled the Giro in 2007 and 2008) and I never noticed before that Oleg was registered in the UCI in 2006 and that the team went to become Katusha in 2009 (always had the impression that Katusha had been created from scratch and that Tinkoff was mutated into ISD in 2009).

TRENDING THREADS