• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Wilco Kelderman is the new Merckx-thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
For me Kelderman is at a similar level of W. Poels.
In next year Tour, Froome should still have Thomas and Poels with him when Dumoulin only has Kelderman.
I don't think Oomen despite his quality will be so soon riding the Tour.

Good show, very good show. I suppose it was to be expected as Kelderman has always been a very strong time triallist, but still good to see. Whatever happens over the next few days it has been an extremely good performance, which has far exceeded my expectations. He definitely deserves to go into a GT as leader next year and go for the podium - maybe even for the win if the starts along and there's a slightly weaker than normal field

I'm very curious about tomorrow and saturday though. In my memory of the Giro 2014 the steepest longer stuff was never his thing.
He can do ok on steep walls of 2/3km, more than ok even (Fleche Wallone placing well even). But this is not really his cup of tea.

Could be some tough days ahead and might still drop to 5/6/7

Confirmed the supersteep stuff isn't for him. He still did very well though, I do not think of losing 15 seconds to Nibali, Zakarin and Lopez on an ultra steep climb as bad for a rider who dislikes this. Unfortunately it will also not be enough to hold off Zakarin/Contador for podium.
I think he will finish the Vuelta as 4th or 5th, which is still his best GT result ever.

edit: also shown today he was not without team. Haga was there until the bottom of the final climb. Better support than Dumoulin 2015

edit2: he also said he felt good today and confirmed again this climb isn't his cup of tea. He still said the legs were very good and he was happy with his placing on such a steep wall.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
i read kelderman words after today stage he said that he think that froome is not his rival , but they are Nibali and zakarin , he thinks tha Nibali could not win lavuelta? Keldermann FLY DOWN

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

skippo12 said:
telencefalus said:
i read kelderman words after today stage he said that he think that froome is not his rival , but they are Nibali and zakarin , he thinks tha Nibali could not win lavuelta? Keldermann FLY DOWN

Never destroy your chances to be part of the Sky train.
yes but i see that these cyclist from Netherlands are pretty arrogant , Doumoulin at giro said that he was hoping nibali and quintana to lose podium , now keldermann saying that Nibali is his rival but not Froome , FLY DOWN as i said

You are so full of ***. You misinterpret everything.

He means by that he doesn't see Froome as rival because Froome is way too strong. He looks to Nibali and Zakarin as they are his direct rivals. Froome is too far away for him.

Besides that it's pretty bad to say 'dutch cyclists are arrogant'. A woeful generalization of one country. Which isn't even true. In most interviews Dumoulin is quite humble. If you don't know how to interpret things correctly then do not reply and stop trolling.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You are so full of ****. You misinterpret everything.

He means by that he doesn't see Froome as rival because Froome is way too strong. He looks to Nibali and Zakarin as they are his direct rivals. Froome is too far away for him.

Besides that it's pretty bad to say 'dutch cyclists are arrogant'. A woeful generalization of one country. Which isn't even true. In most interviews Dumoulin is quite humble. If you don't know how to interpret things correctly then do not reply and stop trolling.

I general Dutch people are a bit arrogant though ;) - not saying there is anything bad on that, it is just the way they are.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I think directness and openess is misjudged as arrogance by closed people, especially Belgians who are super closed.

True, been working with dozens and dozens of people from both countries. Though as a Dutch you do have hard times to understand how people from other countries/culture takes it.

Re: Re:

bambino said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I think directness and openess is misjudged as arrogance by closed people, especially Belgians who are super closed.

True, been working with dozens and dozens of people from both countries. Though as a Dutch you do have hard times to understand how people from other countries/culture takes it.
Yeah. But calling Kelderman arrogant is hilarious. The guy is so shy and careful in interviews. You're more worried he'd break then say something arrogant

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I know it depends a lot on parcours, but say if Dumoulin is riding the Tour which is the most likely at this point, is Kelderman then sent to France as a superdomestique? Would make them pretty poor in the other GTs now that Barguil also is gone.

GC wise perhaps, but they have Bauhaus/Theuns to do something in the sprints in the other GTs and Oomen could go for a GC in next years Vuelta or (perhaps although think it'll most likely be too hard) the Giro.

TRENDING THREADS