• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

'The Old Contador is gone' Claim

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
airstream said:
Contador could easily drop autocratically at Galibier say from 4 k to go and finish obviously better than Zubeldia or Taarmae. Amateur mistake, no? You forgive risk for Contador and unsparingly criticise [wittingly or unwittingly] Froome for very similar case.

Did Contador attack on that stage? Can you quote me for 'forgiving' him?

Remember I'm not criticizing Froome for not riding faster. I'm criticizing him for the way he rode tactically.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
Well this has been fun. Thanks Airstream. If and when you want to actually have a discussion instead of spout off random thoughts unconnected to anything actually discussed in my post, I'm more than happy to engage.

Post script: If you are going to attribute comments to me that I've not made or implied by my own words, then I feel justified in describing them as originating from your fevered imagination. Take it as an insult if you like, but it is a direct result from your own controllable actions.

Post script script: I should note, saying your argument is flawed is not an insult. There were flaws in your logic/position that I pointed out. If you want to explain why those flaws are in fact accurate (and there not flaws), then I'm more than happy to reconsider my initial position.

You don't want to take the things comprehensively whatsoever, constantly harping about those 4 days like mantra. Probably life will prove rightfulness of my logic, but even then new excuses will break surface.

Some posters put my words in a sig, obviously hinting that I'm fool, clown and mockery. However who is the first to accuse of insulting? Sure, me too. Well, ok, since now I discuss Contador-wise matters only with the guys who treat the situation more reservedly.

airstream said:
You don't want to take the things comprehensively whatsoever, constantly harping about those 4 days like mantra. Probably life will prove rightfulness of my logic, but even then new excuses will break surface.

Some posters put my words in a sig, obviously hinting that I'm fool, clown and mockery. However who is the first to accuse of insulting? Sure, me too. Well, ok, since now I discuss Contador-wise matters only with the guys who treat the situation more reservedly.

So it's an insult to quote others in one's signature? :confused:

airstream said:

First, I have no idea, yet again, to what you are responding. It certainly isn't derived from any of my comments.... I've not written anything about 4 days, let alone harped on it. Perhaps you've confused me with someone else.

Second, folks mocking you in their sig lines, etc. has nothing to do with anything I've written today.

Stay focused.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
So it's an insult to quote others in one's signature? :confused:

I do it for a higher cause.

So that people realise that there's no use discussing with him ;)

Back on topic though: T-A and tour de basque will be a good indicator to see how good Contador.

But like someone says and I agree: No real conclusion to any matter that some claim here until july after having a good preparation.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
yes. discuss between each other. because u will always find excuse to loathe yourself

I discussed with you many times but there's not really any point, for me at least. After T-A we can maybe do it again :D

airstream said:
It has zero impact on things happening on the road.
agreed. The fact that Froome finally won 1 race does won't have any impact on whether there are more wins for him on the road. For all we know, the dude goes to bed every night blessing he got that one and at least he is no longer win less any longer

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
ferryman said:
Why. For his switch of allegiances from Andy now that he may not be a player? Or the switch x 2 to Sky and his new guy Froome in his desperation for anyone to match Contador? Or both maybe?

He gets a lot of abuse and still doesn't shy away from giving his opinion, I can respect that.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Dedelou said:
agreed. The fact that Froome finally won 1 race does won't have any impact on whether there are more wins for him on the road. For all we know, the dude goes to bed every night blessing he got that one and at least he is no longer win less any longer

The talk is not about that. The thing is Contador and Froome chances are evaluated approximately equally today and it is fair. The guy who lauched the thread sincerely wonders how the hell anyone can thing that someone is close to Contador. So I'm entitled to surprise.

Very brave expectation.

TRENDING THREADS