The Real Football Thread

Page 162 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Something to look forward to -
https://www.vulture.com/2019/02/leslye-headland-scores-will-ferrells-hbo-fifa-scandal-movie.html
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD news for fans of Will Ferrell, sports and/or scams. According to Deadline, Russian Doll creator and director Leslye Headland is teaming up with Gary Sanchez on a film about the 2015 FIFA scandal for HBO Films based on authors Mary Papenfuss and Teri Thompson’s 2016 book American Huckster: How Chuck Blazer Got Rich from-and Sold Out-the Most Powerful Cabal in World Sports.

Will Ferrell is reportedly set to star as Blazer, a Queens-born son of a stationary store owner who climbed to the top of the international world of soccer, joined the FIFA Executive Committee, used that position to commit a whole bunch of fudiciary crimes including embezzlement and, in the hopes of mitigating the repercussions of his own wrong-doing, agreed to wear a wire for the FBI and the IRS to bring down his soon-to-be former associates. So, in a nut shell, The Informant with cleats.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Liverpool - Man U - Milner at right back will be a problem again as will Matic's absence. 3 -3 draw I'm guessing.
draw, yes.
pity Spurs lost, otherwise it'd be 3 teams within 2points and Game On for the title - am tired of the constant 2 horse races in recent years

In Madrid they have stopped saying "we are more a team and stronger without Ronaldo" and dramatically shifted to a loud crying because he's gone.
There are a couple of bloggers on AS that for months have said how Madrid has made Ronaldo great and not vice versa that now are claiming Florentino head and asking to buy him back for 300M :lol:

Anyway i think they were killed by the two clasicos of last week, in the first one they have played way better but without being effective and only an incredible second half from Suarez punished them.
And they still have an autoinflicted handicap because Solari from the first day on charge started a feud with the two classiest players they have (Marcelo and Isco) and doesn't see them putting all the pressure of the attack on a 18 years old (Vinicius Jr.) that isn't very effective when comes to scoring goals.
Well, there is also Ramos that was an idiot to force a yellow card on the first leg to rest for the next round.

After the shipwreak the funny thing is that the "afición" wants Mourinho thinking that he can solve every problem they have. Mourinho, the one that in four years with them has won almost nothing and after he was gone they started winning Champions after Champions, that looks done and he's only able to play the catenaccio that they hate (i still remember when they fired Capello after winning the Liga because the didn't like how he played), i started to think of a Madrid with the bus parked for 85 minutes and Fellaini subbed in as centre forward in the final five minutes to score a goal from a dead ball play and i can't stop laughing.

Yep, Ajax played well, but Real Madrid's defence was atrocious. Ajax should have scored at least 6. It was like watching the end of "the galacticos" all over again - slow predictable sloppy football.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Plus Ajax was amazing. As they have been the whole year in the CL. (in the league they have clear off days).

They deserve ample credit. Not just Real being bad.
Everyone recognize the amount of talent Ajax have but the demerits of Real were so big that probably they would have lost in a bad way even against a random Porto whereas i don't think Ajax would have won against an Atlético.

Aug 2, 2012
Re:

Pricey_sky said:
So Man United follow Ajax’s lead and comeback against the odds.

PSG owners now spent 1.2 billion since taking over and still not got further than the last 8. :lol:

shock! .............ajax were great but i really can't believe just how lucky man u were......

largely outplayed............then gifted the win in 2nd leg.........ffs

Re: Re:

ebandit said:
Pricey_sky said:

PSG owners now spent 1.2 billion since taking over and still not got further than the last 8. :lol:

shock! .............ajax were great but i really can't believe just how lucky man u were......

Agreed, but sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. You very rarely win anything in sport being unlucky.

Re: Re:

ebandit said:
Pricey_sky said:

That's one way of interpreting the result.

Arsenal just cannot do anything right when they play in Europe. A first half red card. On the ensuing free kick, they block the shot, but Bourigeaud gets it back, has another crack, and scores. Then in the 2nd half Monreal with the own goal, then they concede in the 88th minute. Ends in 3-1. I kind of feel sorry for the Gooners.

It's the first time that Juventus advance to the next round after losing 2-0 in the first leg in any UEFA competition (incidentally they did it in the unofficial Fairs Cup with Atlético).
Ronaldo showed again that the knockout phase is his favourite playground but incredible performances from Emre Çan used as right defender in the 3-4-3 to cover Cancelo and from Spinazzola at his very first game in the competition, probably only Citizens could beat that Juventus in two leg.

After the match on Sky they showed that Ronaldo holds almost every scoring record in the competition, only the most goals for the same team and in the group stage are missing (Messi holds both). He's:
*Top scorer.
*Top assist server.
*Top scorer on free kicks.
*Top scorer on penalties.
*Top scorer in knockout phase.
*Top scorer in home games.
*Top scorer in away games.
*Top scorer in a single edition.
*Player with most twice scored games.
*Player with most hat-tricks.
*Most seasons as top scorer.
*Most consecutive seasons as top scorer.
*Most consecutive games scored in.

Probably I've even forgotten something but the most funny is that he holds the record for the goals scored against a single opponent and this opponent is his actual team :D

With Liverpool we have four english team in the quarter finals for the first time in ten years.

On friday there will be the new draw, something that personally i don't like, i'd prefer only one draw like in tennis, so we already know the "route" to the final for every team since december.

So we have Ajax Vs. Juventus, Tottenham Vs. Man. City, Liverpool Vs. Porto and Barça Vs. United.

In Europa League Arsenal Vs. Napoli is an anticipated final, very lucky Chelsea against Slavia Praha.

And FIFA just launched a 24-teams World Cup for clubs every four years starting from 2021.

Aug 2, 2012
thursday pm...........surprised! that there is international football being played...........is the team in yellow brazil?

no! it's scotland making kazakhstan look like champions..............current score 3-0

even the commentator is saying another disaster in a long line of scottish ignominy............

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Non-Cycling Discussions 23
red_flanders Non-Cycling Discussions 24

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS