• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
For the first time in many years you actually deserved to win in the ArenA today. Ajax were awful. All credit to Koeman for making a decent team out of the players you have.

Watching Manu vs. Citeh after that was very different. What an astonishing result. I loved it when the Citeh started singing, "You'll be sacked in the morning..." :D

Yeah, historic and punishing result.

Liam Gallagher tweeted somthing like "new balls, please", as reference to tennis :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWjzYmB_VAc&feature=player_detailpage

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Chelsea 3 - Arsenal 4.

Van Persie running riot, and great goal by Walcott. Van Persie is probably the best player in the league so far this year even though the competition is strong.. IE Silva, Suarez, Hernandez.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
sublimit said:
Chelsea 3 - Arsenal 4.

Van Persie running riot, and great goal by Walcott. Van Persie is probably the best player in the league so far this year even though the competition is strong.. IE Silva, Suarez, Hernandez.

Uhh, wow. The Gunners still good nevertheless. How did Merte do ?

I think Chelsea is busy restructuring their team after they failed few times to win the CL. Well, it's no request-concert, but they did really good. Some were just better.

Watched the derby today, Bayern vs Nürnberg. Man, that was boring. 4:0, Ribery in brilliant condition.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Has antonio cassano had a stroke or just something that looks like a stroke, anyway it doesnt sound too good for him just now, hopefully he is ok though

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hope Cassano gets well soon.

Iranian Footballers banned indefinitely for bum squeeze

Two Iranian footballers have been suspended indefinitely after one squeezed the other's bottom during a goal celebration.

Persepolis defender Mohammed Nosrati was caught on video squeezing teammate Sheis Rezaei's backside during a 3-2 win over Damash Gilan.

The game was broadcast live to millions. Nosrati and Rezaei have said they did not intend to offend anyone.

But the Iranian football federation has given indefinite suspensions to both players for "immoral acts", state TV says.

The pair have also been suspended by Persepolis and fined nearly £25,000 each.

The incident caused outrage in the Islamic republic where homosexuality is illegal.

Jalal Yahyazadeh, a cleric and member of parliament, called it a "shameless act" and added that it had "upset, angered and outraged" all sports fans.

"What happened is absolutely not acceptable because it was a very ugly thing," he said.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
lol...what was Ajax formation?

Officially, 4-3-3, but the two backs (v.d.Wiel and Anita) spent more time down the wings than at the back.

oldborn said:
Wish referee end game earlier in Amsterdam:eek:
Embarrassment.

I couldn't agree with you more! I had 3-0 in my prediction pool, that last goal cost me three points.:mad:

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Officially, 4-3-3, but the two backs (v.d.Wiel and Anita) spent more time down the wings than at the back.

I couldn't agree with you more! I had 3-0 in my prediction pool, that last goal cost me three points.:mad:

I thought 1-9:D
Next time you should put some money on Real, 5 or more goals in 1st half against Dinamo.
Sure win dude!

Well, that was a surprisingly tight game there. Not exactly surprising that the über-doped Barcelona team had more strength in reserve to get the last minute equaliser, but Athletic were just leaking fouls continually in the last 10 minutes and something had to give. Conditions certainly favoured the Basques, and they made the most of it.

I still hate Barcelona and wish somebody would blow that smokescreen wide open and get Guardiola out of the game.