• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 96 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
MBotero said:
Why do they need this guy,when they have Alexis:confused:

Napoli just tweeted denying any of it.

Amsterhammer said:
Both Koeman brothers to Saints.......hot off the airwaves.

Shaw should be sold soon. They said they were waiting to get an appointment before anymore transfer business was done after the Lambert sale.

Interesting to see how they will get on.

Amsterhammer said:
For a reputed 20m euros.

They did that last Thursday though already, didn't they? ;)
Good transfer btw. Especially as Fabregas is now gone. He never really fit into it any way. But Rakitic... It's gonna be interesting how Enrique envisions them to play. Somehow I guess he's gonna go Martino's way of making them more direct but in a more consequent manner. Vilanova already had tendencies to do so. Also as players like Xavi and Iniesta get older and don't grow on trees this might be the way to go. Also, if there is any club Kroos is going to it'll be Barcelona I think. If not that, it'll be Real, as he is the is only player who even outclasses Alonso on long passes. (And I am not kidding, he has like 97% accuracy on long passes! What the hell?)

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Rechtschreibfehler said:
They did that last Thursday though already, didn't they? ;)
Good transfer btw. Especially as Fabregas is now gone. He never really fit into it any way. But Rakitic... It's gonna be interesting how Enrique envisions them to play. Somehow I guess he's gonna go Martino's way of making them more direct but in a more consequent manner. Vilanova already had tendencies to do so. Also as players like Xavi and Iniesta get older and don't grow on trees this might be the way to go. Also, if there is any club Kroos is going to it'll be Barcelona I think. If not that, it'll be Real, as he is the is only player who even outclasses Alonso on long passes. (And I am not kidding, he has like 97% accuracy on long passes! What the hell?)

I don't know but Rakitic at Barcelona seems a bit strange,Kroos on the other hand looks more able to fit in,but if Modric could do it at Real,maybe Rakitic will surprise everybody.

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
liverpool
YWNWA :D
g.png

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Sanchez on his way to Arsenal. 4 year deal with an option for a 5th.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 40 mins
Just a reminder of the numbers of the Alexis deal that is about to be confirmed: Arsenal will pay FCB £27.5 plus £2.3 for objectives. 4+1 yr

Excellent signing.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
gooner said:
Sanchez on his way to Arsenal. 4 year deal with an option for a 5th.

Excellent signing.

Come on,Arsenal was a grave for a lot of players in the last years,i hope he'll not end up like Ozil,Podolski or Arshavin.Maybe it's time for them to give up on Wenger,there are 10 years since their last title.

P.S.Atletico Madrid have signed striker Mario Mandzukic from German champions Bayern Munich for an undisclosed fee.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
MBotero said:
Come on,Arsenal was a grave for a lot of players in the last years,i hope he'll not end up like Ozil,Podolski or Arshavin.Maybe it's time for them to give up on Wenger,there are 10 years since their last title.

I said it long ago, Arsenal will never win the league under him again. He signed a 3 year deal and he could win a FA Cup or a League Cup in that time as the best team doesn't necessarily win it or the luck of the draw might play a part, but as far as the league or Champions League, no way imo.

I agree, I do think in recent years a number of players' development has stagnated on Wenger's watch even outside of the ones above that you mentioned, Wilshere, Vermaelen and it might surprise people Chamberlain. I know he was injured quite a bit last season but he will just not give that lad a run of games whatsover. I rate him and I think he's a far better player than Walcott at the same age but yet Walcott at that age was getting more opportunities under Wenger. I think Vela is a better player than Walcott and look how he's developed since going to Sociedad. I think Chamberlain would be much further ahead in his development if he was playing for someone like Rodgers or Martinez.

TRENDING THREADS