• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Still don't get it why Man Utd got Falcao,how the **** they gonna play him along with Van Persie.One of them will stay on the bench,which is stupid given their quality.They have a crappy defensive line,they don't have a strong midfielder either and they still fortify the attack.I'm curious if Van Gaal gung ho style will work or the team will sink even more.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
MBotero said:
Still don't get it why Man Utd got Falcao,how the **** they gonna play him along with Van Persie.One of them will stay on the bench,which is stupid given their quality.They have a crappy defensive line,they don't have a strong midfielder either and they still fortify the attack.I'm curious if Van Gaal gung ho style will work or the team will sink even more.

Throwing ball possesion away,0 midfield control and playing Mata(switch with Valencia/Young) out of position. :D
That's a utopic lineup and formation for Van Gaal but would be fun.

defense0.jpg

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hugo87 said:
Throwing ball possesion away,0 midfield control and playing Mata(switch with Valencia/Young) out of position. :D
That's a utopic lineup and formation for Van Gaal but would be fun.

defense0.jpg

Looking good,i would love too see Man Utd playing like this against Chelsea.It could be a epic match,maybe even better than Germany vs Brazil:D

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Amsterhammer,

Matt Dickinson with The Times has a new biography on Bobby Moore coming out next week. An extract is serialised in The Times today. I haven't read it yet but I heard it's an excellent read. Might be of interest to yourself.

I thought Pogba was outstanding last night. I think in years to come, he will go down as the player Ferguson made his biggest mistake on in his time at United.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
Amsterhammer,

Matt Dickinson with The Times has a new biography on Bobby Moore coming out next week. An extract is serialised in The Times today. I haven't read it yet but I heard it's an excellent read. Might be of interest to yourself.

I thought Pogba was outstanding last night. I think in years to come, he will go down as the player Ferguson made his biggest mistake on in his time at United.

Cheers Gooner, will check it out.

I totally forgot about the Dutch game last night. Who plays on a Thursday?:confused:

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Cheers Gooner, will check it out.

I totally forgot about the Dutch game last night. Who plays on a Thursday?:confused:

lol.
i tend to forget about all international friendlies.

in fact, they annoy me, interrupting intriguing national league business.

btw. sturridge now injured for liverpool thanks to these useless friendlies.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
l.Harm said:
Yeah just came back from the stadium. Have never seen Feyenoord being so dominant in De Klassieker. Very disappointing result but it shows what this squad is still capable of.

How it's possible to win a game as one sided as this one was will remain an eternal mystery. If you keep playing like this you'll soon climb up the table, while we'll be dropping down if we continue to play like we did today. Ajax was pathetic.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
It appears that recent rumours have confirmed what many of us knew from day 1, Qatar is not able to host the 2022 World Cup. Bookies have priced it 1/2 that they will lose the World Cup, a pretty confident vote from them.

I wonder who they will award it to?

interesting who lost out in the vote? Was it France, my memory is not the best when it comes to the shambles that is Fifa.

Pricey_sky said:
It appears that recent rumours have confirmed what many of us knew from day 1, Qatar is not able to host the 2022 World Cup. Bookies have priced it 1/2 that they will lose the World Cup, a pretty confident vote from them.

I wonder who they will award it to?

Huh, guess not everything can be bought for petrodollars.

Do the bribes get refunded?

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting the difference in domestic tv rights that clubs get in the major leagues. Two things: once again the huge difference between Barca, Real and the rest of La Liga, and secondly Cardiff got around double what Bayern got last season even though they finished bottom.

ByZV2DHIUAAwTzm.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
gooner said:
Very interesting the difference in domestic tv rights that clubs get in the major leagues. Two things: once again the huge difference between Barca, Real and the rest of La Liga, and secondly Cardiff got around double what Bayern got last season even though they finished bottom.

ByZV2DHIUAAwTzm.jpg

Prices for everything PL related seem grossly inflated. Luke Shaw costing 30 million is crazy considering Hakan Calhanoglu cost 14.5 mil and Immobile 20 mil.

Bexon30 said:
interesting who lost out in the vote? Was it France, my memory is not the best when it comes to the shambles that is Fifa.

USA was second and South Korea was third. The european countries were bidding for the 2018 world cup which was announced in conjunction with the 2022 selection. USA seems like a strong candidate for the 2026 tournament, but who knows what kind of skullduggery is currently going on behind the scenes at the moment in regards to 2022.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I can safely say that today for me rules Arsenal totally out of any title race. I was a bit more optimistic than previous years when the season started but I see no change in the set up Arsenal have. Flamini today and the lack of a recognised defensive midfielder is hindering the team's potential. Wenger is totally culpable for this.

Don't think I can put up with another 3 seasons of Wenger's contract. Arsenal will never fulfil their whole potential as a club as long as Wenger remains. Totally fed up.

The Wenger apologist brigade can't spin it anymore. He spent huge sums in the summer and the recent financial results show the wage bill is on a par with Chelsea. When will the media wake up and question him like any other manager? Even though I strongly dislike Mourinho, it's the one thing I'm totally in agreement with him. Lose next week against Chelsea away(which I think will happen) and it's 9 points already. Pathetic.

Xabi Alonso stats today were astonishing. 206 touches(Bundesliga record in a game) and 175 touches. No wonder Pep was trying to convince him to join for the last year. Class player

TRENDING THREADS