• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I always find myself getting annoyed in the beginning of a match with Barca. Their defensive - and yes, it's it a defensive - style of play where they pass the ball 10 times in the mid circle without any progress. I eventually end up sucking it all up and admiring the almost non-humanly football they play. Wont get any better.

palmerq said:
I think france from 2000 were the best team ever, well the best I remember, I in my head they would beat the spain team now and barcelona...

France 2000? Nah Not even the best in the world. Ronaldo Rivaldo Roberto Carlos young Ronaldinho.

Taffarell, cafu.

zamasailo said:
I was born in rome, studied in liverpool for awhile but i am not in England now.

You italian? You say you were 24? sure have travelled a lot in that time.

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:
France 2000? Nah Not even the best in the world. Ronaldo Rivaldo Roberto Carlos young Ronaldinho.

Taffarell, cafu.

You italian? You say you were 24? sure have travelled a lot in that time.

half italian..and my oldman work...took us around.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
yes I think france from that era were the best (1998-2000 and a bit beyond), brilliant team who worked together very well and strong in every way, great defence and midfield and a very good attack, I think in 2000 they were slightly better than in 98 though... I think having Vieira and deschamps in midfield would have kept the brazillians quiet.

A

Anonymous

palmerq said:
yes I think france from that era were the best (1998-2000 and a bit beyond), brilliant team who worked together very well and strong in every way, great defence and midfield and a very good attack, I think in 2000 they were slightly better than in 98 though... I think having Vieira and deschamps in midfield would have kept the brazillians quiet.

Some football expert says that the milan team in the 90's{under sacchi and capello} with dutch trio, maldini, ancelotti etc were the greatest.

A

Anonymous

slim charles said:
yeah, that milan team was spectacular. but it's hard to compare the teams from different times. football was different then.

ahh, the legendary game in belgrade, when the fog saved milan...

must be against red star, when was that?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
zamasailo said:
Some football expert says that the milan team in the 90's{under sacchi and capello} with dutch trio, maldini, ancelotti etc were the greatest.
I can only speak about what I remember, it is a bit before my time, I have vague memories of them beating barca 4-0 back then, but not enough to judge the, I was only a young lad of 9 or something(I forget).. I want to say france around the year 2000 were the best I remember

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
slim charles said:
yeah, that milan team was spectacular. but it's hard to compare the teams from different times. football was different then.

ahh, the legendary game in belgrade, when the fog saved milan...

Yeah i remember it, they even want to plant some anti-fog machine:D. That stadium (was once, ended in police car:eek:) is built in big hole, that is why fog even more can complicated things.

A

Anonymous

palmerq said:
I can only speak about what I remember, it is a bit before my time, I have vague memories of them beating barca 4-0 back then, but not enough to judge the, I was only a young lad of 9 or something(I forget).. I want to say france around the year 2000 were the best I remember

yez, fair enough, they were pretty good but the current barcelona might be better,imo

A

Anonymous

back on topic ..looks like mikael arteta is on the verge of going to Arsenal.

A

Anonymous

****!!.......... meireles asking for a transfer....not good.

King Kenny put him on the bench for some reason so I can understand him. Adam from Blackpool and Henderson from Sunderland were in the first eleven, while Mereiles is a better player.

I don't know how to rate all this rumours, can't imagine he asked for a transfer some minutes before the deadline :p

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
palmerq said:
mereilles has joined chelsea.... :S that was quick work

Don't think it was. When they published his transfer request he could have been a Chelsea player for hours. It certainly already was a done deal when they published it 30 before deadline.

A

Anonymous

This is Julius Peppers

peppers.jpg

He would rip this guys head off.

ronaldo_gay_icon.jpg

Let us recognize that descriptors like "real" are subjective...extremely subjective.

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
l.Harm said:
Wow that's a transfer. Good signing for Chelsea tough. Terrible move by Liverpool, best midfielder next to Gerrard imo.

No, he is definitly not. And Chelsea paid an overprize for him. He'll be nothing but a backup - just as he was in Liverpool.

TRENDING THREADS