• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Lmao we've just got destroyed like it was 1940 :(. Such a depressive match to watch, if Germany really wanted they couldve scored four more, but they sure as hell didnt go full out after the 1st half.

Germany played great, Netherlands played horrible with not the best line-up ( Babel, Braafheid ) so yea... :(

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
darnnnn ...hard to enter euro with bad defenders.

you're telling me, our defence has been problamatic since after the 90's. We appear to have a couple okay defenders coming through the ranks, can't be worse then ooijer, boulahrouz etc anyway.

ps. mod delete or reduce oldborns post please.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
the germans were finding holes right left and center.....and i think Kuyt was the most impressive from the oranje.

I'm not surprised they destroyed us. We generally try to play with a lot of possesion, but the team was we had out there was always going to struggle against that german line up. The midfield and forward line unable to have a presence in the game. And yeah the defence is not good, but again it has been bad for a long time. Why we need to have our midfield and forwards controlling the game.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Kuyt has always been a tremendously hard worker and in my opinion hes one of the guys that is key to the Dutch team. A real worker, instead of someone trying to be a playmaker or a dribbler.

And yea, the defense wasn't to write home about but I hope it'll be better with Pieters instead of Braafheid, left wing was very very open. Oh well, Germany played so much better and it's deserved they won :).

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I'm not surprised they destroyed us. We generally try to play with a lot of possesion, but the team was we had out there was always going to struggle against that german line up.

Thing is, we didnt play on possesion and playing forward we tried to play it somewhat physically the first 20 minutes. With Sneijder who shouldve been sent off after 25 minutes, if I may be honest and Van Bommel making stupid fouls.

Passing wasnt good at all, left flank with normally Robben or Afellay didnt get past their man and played back to midfield or defense constantly. Kuyt played well on the right side with v.d. Wiel but were simply outclassed by the Germans.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
Kuyt has always been a tremendously hard worker and in my opinion hes one of the guys that is key to the Dutch team. A real worker, instead of someone trying to be a playmaker or a dribbler.

And yea, the defense wasn't to write home about but I hope it'll be better with Pieters instead of Braafheid, left wing was very very open. Oh well, Germany played so much better and it's deserved they won :).

Pieters is quite good I feel. Van Der Wiel can hold his own. Mathijsen is solid, bit slow. And Heitinga has his moments. I feel they can hold together for euro, but I'd be more comfortable with De Jong or someone in a holding position ahead.

Robben returns from injury next week, we need him up and firing for euro.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
0-0 versus France, in Paris, not bad at all imo :)

And hahaha at the Dutchies getting destroyed :p Germany really is above every other team atm

I think these boys will win euro and if not in 14 then wc in 18.
Spain dominance must fear germany to some extent.

Havetts said:
Thing is, we didnt play on possesion and playing forward we tried to play it somewhat physically the first 20 minutes. With Sneijder who shouldve been sent off after 25 minutes, if I may be honest and Van Bommel making stupid fouls.

Passing wasnt good at all, left flank with normally Robben or Afellay didnt get past their man and played back to midfield or defense constantly. Kuyt played well on the right side with v.d. Wiel but were simply outclassed by the Germans.

I hear ya, I didn't see the game but when we play abd were generally very good at it ;) Van Bommel is a thug :eek:

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
France have to be the most boring team in the world right now. I can't believe I stayed up to watch that match.

Also, is the afro the trademark Belgian hairstyle now with Witsel and Fellaini? I now wait for Vermaelen's afro.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Ahhhahahaha :D

The Dutch, giving up after first goal, starting to hurt German players, watching and yelling each other for the rest of the game.
Team spirit back again. I loved it, even when it was just "friendly".

3:0- a piece of beautiful art and best possible fine.

Best thing is, that we don't just win - we even play beautiful football for some time now. Times of "Rumpelfussball" are gone.

Cobblestoned said:
Ahhhahahaha :D

The Dutch, giving up after first goal, starting to hurt German players, watching and yelling each other for the rest of the game.
Team spirit back again. I loved it, even when it was just "friendly".

3:0- a piece of beautiful art and best possible fine.

Best thing is, that we don't just win - we even play beautiful football for some time now. Times of "Rumpelfussball" are gone.

how is bastian doing?.... when will he be back?

TRENDING THREADS