• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Brullnux said:
Murray not looking great. Really struggled in the end of the second set and looked like a player struggling to stay in the top 100. His serve especially is floundering, but he is holding it together in the third - for now. But he has given away two break points at 5-4 up.

Querrey has completely blown an excellent chance

Murray was injured. Not making an excuse for him, because Querrey played well, served well as he got into the match, but Murray just wasn't his normal self. One wouldn't have faulted him had he retired in the fourth set.

Cilic vs Querrey semifinal. Cilic is favored to go through to the final, but Querrey is a dangerous player with that serve. It's something of a comeback for power tennis. Cilic, Mueller, Querrey, Berdych, Williams, Muguruza, Konta, Ostapenko, Vandeweghe...all getting far in the tournament. Wouldn't it be something if serve and volley came back?? LOL. I kid....but seriously though....

BullsFan22 said:
Cilic vs Querrey semifinal. Cilic is favored to go through to the final, but Querrey is a dangerous player with that serve. It's something of a comeback for power tennis. Cilic, Mueller, Querrey, Berdych, Williams, Muguruza, Konta, Ostapenko, Vandeweghe...all getting far in the tournament. Wouldn't it be something if serve and volley came back?? LOL. I kid....but seriously though....
Gilles Mueller maybe?

Hey guys! How's my man Milos--aka The Maple Leaf Missile--doing?!
Oh, wait. Never mind.
He's getting played like a fiddle. Good lord, man. I'm beginning to think he'll never learn how to expand his game.
It's becoming embarrassing to see him backpedaling like crazy just to hit a forehand into Federer's wheelhouse.

Re: Re:

BullsFan22 said:
Brullnux said:
Murray not looking great. Really struggled in the end of the second set and looked like a player struggling to stay in the top 100. His serve especially is floundering, but he is holding it together in the third - for now. But he has given away two break points at 5-4 up.

Querrey has completely blown an excellent chance

Murray was injured. Not making an excuse for him, because Querrey played well, served well as he got into the match, but Murray just wasn't his normal self. One wouldn't have faulted him had he retired in the fourth set.
Yeah I know, which is why I said he was holding it together rather than improving. That set he was attempting to hold back the flood for as long as possible, but he couldn't do it for any longer. Querrey played well though.

Re:

the delgados said:
Hey guys! How's my man Milos--aka The Maple Leaf Missile--doing?!
Oh, wait. Never mind.
He's getting played like a fiddle. Good lord, man. I'm beginning to think he'll never learn how to expand his game.
It's becoming embarrassing to see him backpedaling like crazy just to hit a forehand into Federer's wheelhouse.
Lack of talent, and he's already a tremendous overachiever.

Tennis is turning into Basketball. Especially grass court.

In the 4th round of the mens singles every player was already over 6 foot and you had giants like Zverev (196) Paire (196) and Anderson (203) who lost.

In the quarter final 6 of 8 players were above 190 cm. Murray (191). Mueller (193) and Raonic (196) lost.
Only Djokovic (188) and Federer (185) were smaller.

The smallest of the lot is also clearly the best, but it seems Fed is closing out an old different generation. In the semis today all 3 other players were at least 11 cm taller than him. His opponent Berdych is 196. Querrey who lost is 197 and his opponent on Sunday Cillic is 198.

Fed is like Allen Iverson 17 years ago, when as the best player in the league, he was dwarfed by all his rivals.

LOL. Williams has a set point at 4-5 in the first, then proceeds to capitulate the match. It's like a total unknown teenager that made it to her first slam final and simply choked, no experience, no plan B or C....

Muguruza only has 4 titles to her name. 2 of those are slams. WOW.

Unreal turnaround since Roland Garros.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
Nadal won the French open dropping 1 set (to Federer)
Federer won Wimbledon dropping 1 set (to Nadal)

2017 Nadal wins French open dropping 0 sets
Federer a few games away from winning Wimbledon dropping 0 sets
No... federer won 3-2 against nadal in 2007. 3-1 was in 2006

TRENDING THREADS