• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 93 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Longest time on court in Grand Slam Tournaments, 1997 to now (before 2024 AO final).

Carlos Alcaraz2022 US Open23.70
Kevin Anderson2018 Wimbledon23.30
Daniil Medvedev2022 Australian Open22.90
Rafael Nadal2017 Australian Open22.60
Rafael Nadal2022 Australian Open22.50
Rafael Nadal2012 Australian Open22.40
Dominic Thiem2020 Australian Open22.20
Andy Murray2012 US Open21.90
Casper Ruud2022 US Open21.80
Stan Wawrinka2016 US Open21.80
Alexander Zverev2020 US Open21.30
Novak Djokovic2023 Roland Garros21.00
Marat Safin2004 Australian Open21.00
Rafael Nadal2011 Roland Garros21.00
Novak Djokovic2021 Roland Garros20.90
Andy Murray2016 Roland Garros20.90
Novak Djokovic2012 Australian Open20.90

And one of his matches finished at 3.40 am. Twice he was down two sets to love. It's incredible he got so close.

His fault for toiling against a no name Finn, a Portuguese, and letting go of the 4th set against Hurkasz. He played 3 consecutive 5 set matches to end the tournament. I am not sure we’ll see that happen anytime soon. Yes, he did well to make it that far, especially considering he was basically out of the tournament in round 1.

He’ll rue his missed chances of winning by playing too passively and allowing so many matches to go the distance. Hopefully he starts being as aggressive as he was in the first 2 sets today.

If I were him I would take a couple months off, though he is defending points a lot of points this spring. Could be a lose lose situation for him. Too bad.

His fault for toiling against a no name Finn, a Portuguese, and letting go of the 4th set against Hurkasz. He played 3 consecutive 5 set matches to end the tournament. I am not sure we’ll see that happen anytime soon. Yes, he did well to make it that far, especially considering he was basically out of the tournament in round 1.

He’ll rue his missed chances of winning by playing too passively and allowing so many matches to go the distance. Hopefully he starts being as aggressive as he was in the first 2 sets today.

If I were him I would take a couple months off, though he is defending points a lot of points this spring. Could be a lose lose situation for him. Too bad.

I assume Rotterdam is next for Medvedev?

Tennis takes the Saudi money ...
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/feb/28/tennis-atp-agrees-partnership-with-saudi-arabia-pif
Saudi Arabia’s influence has stretched deeper into men’s tennis after the ATP Tour agreed a “multiyear strategic partnership” with the kingdom’s Public Investment Fund.

As a result of the deal the ATP rankings, plus the year-end world No 1 award, will be named after the PIF. The PIF will also have on‑court branding at major ATP 1000 events at Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Beijing, as well as the season-ending ATP Finals in Turin.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

9d3b6a7e7d343ba843ff639e721d60bb.png