• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Honestly I’m rooting for Kyrgios to win as well, partially since I like Federer more then Novak and want a youngster to taste a Grand Slam victory. On the other hand I do love a good curb stomping and domination, greatness and Novak scratches that bill too.

A youngster? Isn't he 28?

I watched the finale with my mom. She had never seen Kyrgios play before. She found it to be an... experience...

• Haha
Reactions: Cookster15
That's not entirely true.
Alcaraz (who just won an epic battle against Sinner) is currently ahead of him: https://live-tennis.eu/en/atp-live-ranking

So Ruud needs to win the tournament or hope Alcaraz loses in the semis to become number 1.
Maybe a bit off topic, but the rise of our local guy Sinner (he's from a village a few kms away from my hometown) has really started another Tennis boom right here, not seen since the Boris Becker days. Lots of people are now sending their kids to play Tennis.

So Ruud is not becoming number one unless he wins a Slam, which takes away most of the fun in him becoming number one.
There's still the fact that Holger Rune was bitching that Ruud wasn't a real top 10 player earlier this season, so that's why it would be funny.

I like both players, overall I think Alcaraz will have a vastly superior career so I wouldn't mind Ruud grabbing his chance now it's arisen.

TRENDING THREADS