• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Breh said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Breh said:
He's moving to Monaco. Good.
And ditching his girlfriend in the process.
Nonsense. He didn't ditch her. They parted in mutual agreement. They both realized their relationship was about to be troublesome.
Could be the case. But I doubt anyone would go to the journalists and be like: "Hey yo, I just dumped my girlfriend, if you want to write an article about it, would be really nice." :eek:

I mean, these celebrities almost always "part in mutual agreement" unless some scandal happens right when the cameras are on.
 
Does it even matter? He announces he's moving (part time) to Monaco, and at the same time he and his girlfriend came to the conclusion they need to end their relationship. I'm not passing judgement, but whether or not she was involved in the decision, it was a result of him moving away.
 
Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Does it even matter? He announces he's moving (part time) to Monaco, and at the same time he and his girlfriend came to the conclusion they need to end their relationship. I'm not passing judgement, but whether or not she was involved in the decision, it was a result of him moving away.

You were the one who brought it up, so it seems it matters to you ...
 
Gigs_98 said:
Honestly though, if they parted in mutual agreement so he can focus on his career that shows incredible maturity for such a young guy. He really seems to have a very good mindset
That's why I have absolutely no 'fear' that the media, pressure etc. is going to hold him back from reaching full (physical) potential. You can put this guy in the Tour right now with all spotlights on him, no problem. I've never seen this before from a 19-year old, except Cristiano Ronaldo probably.
 
Re: Re:

Akuryo said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Does it even matter? He announces he's moving (part time) to Monaco, and at the same time he and his girlfriend came to the conclusion they need to end their relationship. I'm not passing judgement, but whether or not she was involved in the decision, it was a result of him moving away.
You were the one who brought it up, so it seems it matters to you ...
I was talking about whether or not it was a mutual decision. The decision was made because he 'll be in Monaco half the time, and they'll see each other even less. So effectively, it was the result of a decision he had already made.
 
Feb 15, 2011
2,810
0
0
I did some investigative journalism and have discovered that all pictures that featured the couple, have been removed from both their Instagram accounts. I did manage to find a picture on her account, in which she's wearing a "R. EV 1703" cap, so she must still like the merch.
 
Apparently Monaco isn't a done deal. He's also considering Andorra. He talked with Gilbert about Monaco, but Alaphilippe trains in Andorra. Considering Gilbert is leaving DQS, and since his wage is supposedly not high enough to benefit from tax benefits in Monaco, he's keeping his options open.
 
Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Apparently Monaco isn't a done deal. He's also considering Andorra. He talked with Gilbert about Monaco, but Alaphilippe trains in Andorra. Considering Gilbert is leaving DQS, and since his wage is supposedly not high enough to benefit from tax benefits in Monaco, he's keeping his options open.
Lefevre should consider extending the contract and throwing money and whatever wordly possessions he has at Evenepoel.
 
Re:

Vroome.exe said:
Will he ever be allowed again to get a gap in a one day race? He gets 20 meters and he wins. Amazing.
Will it always be possible to prevent him from? He rides them off with brute force.

Anyway, i still can't see a GC dominator(though he might win one or another) but more a better version of De Gendt. His power on flats and false flats is insane. His climbing and positioning still lacks behind.
 
Re: Re:

ppanther92 said:
Vroome.exe said:
Will he ever be allowed again to get a gap in a one day race? He gets 20 meters and he wins. Amazing.
Will it always be possible to prevent him from? He rides them off with brute force.

Anyway, i still can't see a GC dominator(though he might win one or another) but more a better version of De Gendt. His power on flats and false flats is insane. His climbing and positioning still lacks behind.
... he's 19. He climbs better than about any 19 year old has in recent history.
 
Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
ppanther92 said:
Vroome.exe said:
Will he ever be allowed again to get a gap in a one day race? He gets 20 meters and he wins. Amazing.
Will it always be possible to prevent him from? He rides them off with brute force.

Anyway, i still can't see a GC dominator(though he might win one or another) but more a better version of De Gendt. His power on flats and false flats is insane. His climbing and positioning still lacks behind.
... he's 19. He climbs better than about any 19 year old has in recent history.
Thats true of coures but also judging relatively to his other strengths.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DNP-Old Professional Road Racing 45

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS