• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 86 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Ok that makes sence. I don't believe it is mathematically realistic that if always finishing in top 10 you only end up 9th overall (I know a rider who ended in a stage race always between 10 and 20 and was 8th overall: that is logical ;-)).
Seems like bug in procycling stats to only list the stages if they have the results of the rider. Maybe they should list a NK result -Not Known ;-).

Ok that makes sence. I don't believe it is mathematically realistic that if always finishing in top 10 you only end up 9th overall (I know a rider who ended in a stage race always between 10 and 20 and was 8th overall: that is logical ;-)).
Seems like bug in procycling stats to only list the stages if they have the results of the rider. Maybe they should list a NK result -Not Known ;-).
Not likely, but possible. I believe theoretically you could end up in N*9+1 position, where N is the number of stages if you finish 10th in each stage.

Reactions: Red Rick
Not likely, but possible. I believe theoretically you could end up in N*9+1 position, where N is the number of stages if you finish 10th in each stage.

You could even go N*18+1 if there are three bonus sprints on each stage with bonus seconds for the first three :p

Also, George Bennett ended 6th in Paris-Nice last year but his best stage result was a 14th, then one 19th, then worse than 30th. But that is the opposite situation of course.

Also, Remco was feeling bad in the San Juan ITT which he won dominantly:

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS