• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 138 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
What a pity you react in that negative way. I have been following cycling for more than 60 years. Believe me, I am rarely mistaken. Anyway, Evenepoel is not a skinny climber. And I don't have seen him ride in a climbers style, last year and this year. I hope the best for him. I'm convinced he"ll bring a lot in future cycling. But not in the way you think he"ll do. And yes, as I pointed before, Evenepoel will win a few (grand) tours. But not absolutely dominant and not as many times you think.

Don't fall for Evenepoel's chubby face - it's baby fat as he's so young. There's no way around physics: watts per kilogram is proportional to climbing speed cause velocity is the quotient of power and force and on steep climbs the major force riders have to overcome is weight. If Remco can push big watts out of his 60 kg body he will be very fast uphill. As for tempo climbers vs pure climbers: tempo climbing is always the best when you ride on your own (near the treshold) while intervals/accelerations are good way to drop and cook your rivals (if an attacker is better at handling above the treshold efforts). If Evenepoel is "only" a tempo climber (and can't respond to accelerations) but can sustain let's say 6.7 w/kg he will limit his losses to minimum by riding strong tempo after initial surge of his potential rival. More likely though (if his team is strong enough) he will kill most (or all) of his rivals with unbearable tempo making any attack impossible.

Last edited:
What a pity you react in that negative way. I have been following cycling for more than 60 years. Believe me, I am rarely mistaken. Anyway, Evenepoel is not a skinny climber. And I don't have seen him ride in a climbers style, last year and this year. I hope the best for him. I'm convinced he"ll bring a lot in future cycling. But not in the way you think he"ll do. And yes, as I pointed before, Evenepoel will win a few (grand) tours. But not absolutely dominant and not as many times you think.
I don't automatically assume he'll win dozens of GT's in a dominant way. I do think that all signs were there for him to win this years Giro, considering the competition.

It's simply logical, that riding (maintaining) a steady pace like a tempoclimber, is more energy efficient than accelerating, slowing down, accelerating again, slowing down again... in order to reach the same average speed as someone who maintains the same speed. Often "pure" climbers don't respond well to a high steady tempo, just like tempo climbers often don't respond well to multiple accelerations.

I didn't mean to be negative, but i simply do not follow your train of thought at all and i doubt it's based on any scientific evidence. It's watts per kg that matters, and not many will beat him in that regard, even at 60kg.

wasn't negative at all.

it is actually quite correct that riding at a steady tempo is more efficient and that you are less likely to blow up.

the fact that you are stating the opposite contradicts your declaration that you are (in your words): "rarely mistaken".
I don't agree. In theory, riding at a steady tempo is more efficient. And a rider has to behave that way during most of the race, rely on his power meter. BUT..... In a final (ascent), a rider has to take risks, and not only rely on the "watts". And try to bring the opponents down mentally. I think Evenepoel is able to perform that way, IF he attacks from afar. And he has the guts to do so. I'm not sure he will be able to attack (and crash his power meter) in the final kilometers of a final climb. Not at the age of 21, and not competing Bernal, Carapaz, Lopez, Thomas and tutti quanti. Maybe later, at the age of 24 or 25. And only if he makes a normal progress. Which is not evident regarding the fact the level he already achieved at the age of 19. I'm not sure Evenepoel will make the same progress as f.i. Wout Van Aert at the age of 24 to 26.

I don't automatically assume he'll win dozens of GT's in a dominant way. I do think that all signs were there for him to win this years Giro, considering the competition.

It's simply logical, that riding (maintaining) a steady pace like a tempoclimber, is more energy efficient than accelerating, slowing down, accelerating again, slowing down again... in order to reach the same average speed as someone who maintains the same speed. Often "pure" climbers don't respond well to a high steady tempo, just like tempo climbers often don't respond well to multiple accelerations.

I didn't mean to be negative, but i simply do not follow your train of thought at all and i doubt it's based on any scientific evidence. It's watts per kg that matters, and not many will beat him in that regard, even at 60kg.
I refer to my answer to Big Doopie (who's reaction is far more interesting, nuanced and valuable than yours). And I notice you are approaching cycling only theoretically (partly scientific). But that's only a part of cycling. If cycling followed your approach, we would have seen other results in the races (the last 10 years). Other champions would have won important races and grand tours. But fortunately, thats not cycling. Cycling is taking risks, going down, provide surprises, making the impossible come true.

So, I predict Evenepoel will have a good career (the first years for sure, maybe not afterwards). He"ll winn grand tours, a few classics (Lombardia, Liege....). You predict that Evenepoel will crash the whole field for the next decade, with his watts at 60 kg. Wait and see....

I refer to my answer to Big Doopie (who's reaction is far more interesting, nuanced and valuable than yours). And I notice you are approaching cycling only theoretically (partly scientific). But that's only a part of cycling. If cycling followed your approach, we would have seen other results in the races (the last 10 years). Other champions would have won important races and grand tours. But fortunately, thats not cycling. Cycling is taking risks, going down, provide surprises, making the impossible come true.

So, I predict Evenepoel will have a good career (the first years for sure, maybe not afterwards). He"ll winn grand tours, a few classics (Lombardia, Liege....). You predict that Evenepoel will crash the whole field for the next decade, with his watts at 60 kg. Wait and see....
lol ok. I think you are also having issues reading, since Big Doopie was echoing what i said. And again, i never said he would crush the whole field the next decade.
Nice talking to you. Let's not do it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Doopie
I don't agree. In theory, riding at a steady tempo is more efficient. And a rider has to behave that way during most of the race, rely on his power meter. BUT..... In a final (ascent), a rider has to take risks, and not only rely on the "watts". And try to bring the opponents down mentally. I think Evenepoel is able to perform that way, IF he attacks from afar. And he has the guts to do so. I'm not sure he will be able to attack (and crash his power meter) in the final kilometers of a final climb. Not at the age of 21, and not competing Bernal, Carapaz, Lopez, Thomas and tutti quanti. Maybe later, at the age of 24 or 25. And only if he makes a normal progress. Which is not evident regarding the fact the level he already achieved at the age of 19. I'm not sure Evenepoel will make the same progress as f.i. Wout Van Aert at the age of 24 to 26.

Your reasoning is all over the place. What of anything is there to suggest that Evenepoel doesn’t take risks? He attacks all the time and was even critiqued by QS early in 2019 for not attacking enough. How did he win the Tour of Belgium, Classica San Sebastián, Tour De Pologne without attacking? He’s won in a myriad of ways despite his mediocre sprint.

What makes him so dangerous is that he cannot be allowed to get away. Once he goes the only way he’ll be caught is on a flat course by a large peloton.
Any other circumstance and he wins.

When it comes to climbing the difference is that he has a higher redline than almost everyone else and he expends less energy.

As he matures and his body develops he’ll be even more difficult to deal with because he’ll be able to push a higher w/kg for even longer.

If everyone in the lead group goes 22kph up a hill and he’s able to go 22.5 they lose ground, which is why on longer climbs he can do more damage. He degrades in less than other riders, which is why I think he’ll be better in GTs because he can wear his opponents down by degrading more slowly.

The other aspect that isn’t as talked is the psychological damage he does to other riders. Being able to just ride away without violent accelerations is much more demoralizing. When a cyclist explodes away it often can be a case of timing whereas if a rider just rides away it illustrates that the rider is just better than you and that you have to attack simply to avoid losing.

Reactions: Andre
Your reasoning is all over the place. What of anything is there to suggest that Evenepoel doesn’t take risks? He attacks all the time and was even critiqued by QS early in 2019 for not attacking enough. How did he win the Tour of Belgium, Classica San Sebastián, Tour De Pologne without attacking? He’s won in a myriad of ways despite his mediocre sprint.

What makes him so dangerous is that he cannot be allowed to get away. Once he goes the only way he’ll be caught is on a flat course by a large peloton.
Any other circumstance and he wins.

When it comes to climbing the difference is that he has a higher redline than almost everyone else and he expends less energy.

As he matures and his body develops he’ll be even more difficult to deal with because he’ll be able to push a higher w/kg for even longer.

If everyone in the lead group goes 22kph up a hill and he’s able to go 22.5 they lose ground, which is why on longer climbs he can do more damage. He degrades in less than other riders, which is why I think he’ll be better in GTs because he can wear his opponents down by degrading more slowly.

The other aspect that isn’t as talked is the psychological damage he does to other riders. Being able to just ride away without violent accelerations is much more demoralizing. When a cyclist explodes away it often can be a case of timing whereas if a rider just rides away it illustrates that the rider is just better than you and that you have to attack simply to avoid losing.
Reading comprehension is not your cup of tea ! Some of my quotes : not only rely on the "watts", ... a rider has to take risks, bring the opponents down mentally, Evenepoel is able to perform that way...., he has the guts to do so..., etc. And in an earlyer post : I'm convinced he"ll bring a lot in future cycling , Evenepoel will win a few (grand) tours........

So, I'm convinced Evenepoel is the greatest talent in years. But i've seen them before. Most of them do not live up to expectations. Despite the oversimplified expectations from a few unexperienced people.
... And, strange you don't recognise me as a great Evenepoel-fan, which I am. But with a sense of reality. You should do the same, guys !

Reactions: Sandisfan
lol ok. I think you are also having issues reading, since Big Doopie was echoing what i said. And again, i never said he would crush the whole field the next decade.
Nice talking to you. Let's not do it again.
When the arguments stop..... jammer van je negatieve reacties en verzuring. Ieder zijn mening. Ik blijf overtuigd van een mooie loopbaan voor Evenepoel, maar met realistische verwachtingen. Zoals je zelf wel weet, kan het heel snel voorbij zijn (Bjorn Lambrechts en bijna Evenepoel in Lombardije). Dat heeft niemand in de hand. Maar ervaring, kennis over wielersport, wetenschappelijke achtergrond enz. helpen om een realistisch beeld te krijgen van iemands loopbaanmogelijkheden. En, niet te vergeten, na Evenepoel zullen nog (even of meer) getalenteerde piepjonge renners opduiken, die ook nog eens het potentiële dominante van zijn loopbaan zullen doorkruisen.

Nothing about Evenepoel says that he's progressing normally.

I expect him to hit is prime quite early, however high that is.
Like Pogacar, Hirschi, Bernal... Who expects those guys to progress throughout their career like guys who hit their peak when they're 29?

This will become the new normal. The generation that has been training a lot more scientifically with power meters and lab tests since they were juniors, maybe even sooner. Where a decade ago juniors didn't have power meters and trained long and hard because dad said so. Now they know what their body is capable of the moment they turn pro and they don't need 5 years dangling at the back of the peloton or dozens of failed attempts at breaking away to find out where their limits lie. As soon as their body is physically fullgrown, the only progress will lie in racing experience, tactics...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eeslliw
Like Pogacar, Hirschi, Bernal... Who expects those guys to progress throughout their career like guys who hit their peak when they're 29?

This will become the new normal. The generation that has been training a lot more scientifically with power meters and lab tests since they were juniors, maybe even sooner. Where a decade ago juniors didn't have power meters and trained long and hard because dad said so. Now they know what their body is capable of the moment they turn pro and they don't need 5 years dangling at the back of the peloton or dozens of failed attempts at breaking away to find out where their limits lie. As soon as their body is physically fullgrown, the only progress will lie in racing experience, tactics...
Pretty much.

I've seen way too much 'players peak later' from tennis fans in the last few years.

When the arguments stop.....
I have read very little arguments in your posts. I did read a lot of predictions of what you think that will happen based on your gut feeling and your 62 years of following cycling. Unfortunately i'm not yet that old, but i have been following cycling for about 30 years myself. I don't think the things you witnessed in the 50's and 60's are that relevant anymore. Basically you're trying to gain a dominant position in the discussion based on your "experience". But in reality, you following cycling for 60, 80 or 20 years, doesn't matter if the arguments aren't there. And the arguments weren't really there. In fact, you did the polar opposite by presenting your vision of tempo climbers vs "pure climbers" and height vs weight etc, that made no sense whatsoever. Clearly you took it personally when i said "you're making things up as you go" and i have read personal jabs in more than one post toward me since. So the negative reactions and toxic environment you speak of are at the very least as much your doing as anyone else's. If you barge into a discussion with an "i know best" attitude but have to revert to nothing more than "because i've been following cycling longer, and i'm telling you" you shouldn't be surprised when people react when they don't agree. You can be a fan of Evenepoel, that doesn't matter. There are many people following this thread and commenting on him, who are not his fan. If you make a good point, people will acknowledge that and it shouldn't matter whether you're a fan or not. Since you entered the discussion (which you are welcome to do, to be clear) there have been 7 or 8 people other than myself replying to your posts that they do not agree with the points you're making or don't understand your logic, or people agreeing with those people. So please don't make this about me.

Also, after repeating time and again that we/i do not assume he will dominate the next decade as a GT rider, you keep stating that we/i do. This was only mentioned during a discussion about the Giro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andre
Reading comprehension is not your cup of tea ! Some of my quotes : not only rely on the "watts", ... a rider has to take risks, bring the opponents down mentally, Evenepoel is able to perform that way...., he has the guts to do so..., etc. And in an earlyer post : I'm convinced he"ll bring a lot in future cycling , Evenepoel will win a few (grand) tours........

So, I'm convinced Evenepoel is the greatest talent in years. But i've seen them before. Most of them do not live up to expectations. Despite the oversimplified expectations from a few unexperienced people.
... And, strange you don't recognise me as a great Evenepoel-fan, which I am. But with a sense of reality. You should do the same, guys !

I'm not as old as you are but I've been watching cycling for 40 years to give you a frame of reference. I don't think anyone here is suggesting that he has no weaknesses. We are simply saying that he has been doing things in his first two years that weren't even being done by the all time greats in the sports of cycling.

We simply disagree on his ceiling. I think his style is made for GTs because he loses less and recovers better than everyone else. So while people are questioning if he's able to do a 3 three week tour I think a 2 week tour will actually make him more difficult to beat. Sure, he'll have a higher chance of a crash and not finishing, but I have a hard time seeing anyone beat him if he's at or near top form in a GT.

Without being disrespectful to other riders, I believe that absent his crash he would have won Lombardia, Tirreno-Adriatico, GIro, World TT championships, and the Belgian TT championships, and would have have been a top contender for the WC RR and Belgian RR.

Things have changed in the cycling landscape as well as the pro sports landscape. Young players across all sports have had dynamic impacts at extremely young ages.

I understand the reluctance to believe that you might be watching someone who may end up as one of the greatest of all time, but when you see a 19 year old win Classica San Sebastian finish 2nd at WC ITT, win EU TT and then come back at 20 so much stronger and win every race he finished.

The only better TT'er at Remco's age was Anquetil.

I'm not as old as you are but I've been watching cycling for 40 years to give you a frame of reference. I don't think anyone here is suggesting that he has no weaknesses. We are simply saying that he has been doing things in his first two years that weren't even being done by the all time greats in the sports of cycling.

We simply disagree on his ceiling. I think his style is made for GTs because he loses less and recovers better than everyone else. So while people are questioning if he's able to do a 3 three week tour I think a 2 week tour will actually make him more difficult to beat. Sure, he'll have a higher chance of a crash and not finishing, but I have a hard time seeing anyone beat him if he's at or near top form in a GT.

Without being disrespectful to other riders, I believe that absent his crash he would have won Lombardia, Tirreno-Adriatico, GIro, World TT championships, and the Belgian TT championships, and would have have been a top contender for the WC RR and Belgian RR.

Things have changed in the cycling landscape as well as the pro sports landscape. Young players across all sports have had dynamic impacts at extremely young ages.

I understand the reluctance to believe that you might be watching someone who may end up as one of the greatest of all time, but when you see a 19 year old win Classica San Sebastian finish 2nd at WC ITT, win EU TT and then come back at 20 so much stronger and win every race he finished.

No need to add anything here. Perfect summary of my personal observations. And coming up on 50 years of following pro cycling fwiw.

I totally agree that, as you quote : "he would have won Lombardia, Tirreno-Adriatico, GIro, World TT championships, and the Belgian TT championships, and would have have been a top contender for the WC RR and Belgian RR." That was my own prediction, giving his talent and his form since august.
But I disagree that, because he shows that talent at 19, and this season, at 20, he automatically will destroy the opponents the coming decade.
I know, it's a bad habit to scott at people who are old(er) and have a lot of experience. But believe me, I've seen dozends of talents and one or two toptalents who didn't make it. While "experts", biased supporters and journalists did scribe them into heaven.
Not only talent counts. There is (mal)fortune, there are injurys, there is a private life, there are setbacks, there are (younger and better) opponents. In Evenepoels case there is a serious risk of no longer making progress by the age of 23, 24. He"ll still be a terrific rider, but maybe not at the level which he had counted on. And then it starts to haunt the head. Then, he"ll has to be mentally very strong to transcend that.
So, not for the first time. I predict that he will win grand tours, hill classics, a WC, maybe olympic gold. But I doubt he will prevail

I have read very little arguments in your posts. I did read a lot of predictions of what you think that will happen based on your gut feeling and your 62 years of following cycling. Unfortunately i'm not yet that old, but i have been following cycling for about 30 years myself. I don't think the things you witnessed in the 50's and 60's are that relevant anymore. Basically you're trying to gain a dominant position in the discussion based on your "experience". But in reality, you following cycling for 60, 80 or 20 years, doesn't matter if the arguments aren't there. And the arguments weren't really there. In fact, you did the polar opposite by presenting your vision of tempo climbers vs "pure climbers" and height vs weight etc, that made no sense whatsoever. Clearly you took it personally when i said "you're making things up as you go" and i have read personal jabs in more than one post toward me since. So the negative reactions and toxic environment you speak of are at the very least as much your doing as anyone else's. If you barge into a discussion with an "i know best" attitude but have to revert to nothing more than "because i've been following cycling longer, and i'm telling you" you shouldn't be surprised when people react when they don't agree. You can be a fan of Evenepoel, that doesn't matter. There are many people following this thread and commenting on him, who are not his fan. If you make a good point, people will acknowledge that and it shouldn't matter whether you're a fan or not. Since you entered the discussion (which you are welcome to do, to be clear) there have been 7 or 8 people other than myself replying to your posts that they do not agree with the points you're making or don't understand your logic, or people agreeing with those people. So please don't make this about me.

Also, after repeating time and again that we/i do not assume he will dominate the next decade as a GT rider, you keep stating that we/i do. This was only mentioned during a discussion about the Giro.
I refer to my answer to DiablesRouges.
I can only add that in what I witnessed the last decades, my views were confirmed by reality. Most of people, as you do, show a lack of sense of reality. I suppose you did the same regarding Bjorn Lambrechts.
As you can read, I had predicted the same 2020 palmares for Evenepoel as Diables Rouges had. And that would have been a fantastic coronaseason. And I predict Evenepoel will win grand tours, hill classics, one or two WC, maybe olympic gold. But I dont think he"ll dominate cycling the next decade. I have arguments for that, but you must be willing to read them. Up to now I haven't read your arguments, when you claim that Evenepoel will crash his opponents (what is a fact when winning more than " a few grand tours, hill classics, WC, olympic gold........). I"ll help you. Give me arguments and scientific background why Evenepoel, although he has been toplevel since his 19, will continue to grow and progress the next ten years or more. To one divine status. Explain me why Evenepoel won't know relapse, why no younger and better opponents will show up (preventing Evenepoel to make a Merckx-like career) ? Well, I'am waiting for your answers......

The only thing I wonder about is if he comes back to his old level so soon. People underestimate how many riders never really reach their best anymore after a heavy injury.

The examples are plenty. Having been a big support of Robert Gesink for most of his career I think he never reached the level he had as 21/22yo before he broke his leg, even though he finished top 6 TDF later...

So I hope for Evenepoels sake he's totally back to his old self next year.

I can only add that in what I witnessed the last decades, my views were confirmed by reality. Most of people, as you do, show a lack of sense of reality. I suppose you did the same regarding Bjorn Lambrechts.
As you can read, I had predicted the same 2020 palmares for Evenepoel as Diables Rouges had. And that would have been a fantastic coronaseason. And I predict Evenepoel will win grand tours, hill classics, one or two WC, maybe olympic gold. But I dont think he"ll dominate cycling the next decade. I have arguments for that, but you must be willing to read them. Up to now I haven't read your arguments, when you claim that Evenepoel will crash his opponents (what is a fact when winning more than " a few grand tours, hill classics, WC, olympic gold........). I"ll help you. Give me arguments and scientific background why Evenepoel, although he has been toplevel since his 19, will continue to grow and progress the next ten years or more. To one divine status. Explain me why Evenepoel won't know relapse, why no younger and better opponents will show up (preventing Evenepoel to make a Merckx-like career) ? Well, I'am waiting for your answers......
And yet again, you are putting words into my mouth, while i have already told you 3 or 4 times i did not claim he would dominate the next decade. On this very page, i posted a response to red Rick, saying that and explain why these young guys are so good so soon, and that they will NOT progress linearly until they are 29. That as soon as they are physically mature, all they can gain is experience and tactics.

I do not necessarilly disagree with your prediction of his career results. I disagree with your reasoning and logic

The only thing I wonder about is if he comes back to his old level so soon. People underestimate how many riders never really reach their best anymore after a heavy injury.

The examples are plenty. Having been a big support of Robert Gesink for most of his career I think he never reached the level he had as 21/22yo before he broke his leg, even though he finished top 6 TDF later...

So I hope for Evenepoels sake he's totally back to his old self next year.
On the other hand, there are plenty examples of cyclists getting their best results ever just after recovering from serious injuries. The most recent one is Van Aert. People see come-backs like this one and it's not strange they estimate the future impact of even very serious injuries as not that siginificant. And it seems quite reasonable nowadays with a very high level of physiotherapy, specific strength training knowledge and so on. Sport science has made a huge step forward in those fields in the last 10 years.

I might be wrong but I think (and I hope) Remco's injury won't make any long-term negative impact on his body that would influent his performance. He's been already on the bike for 1,5 months. At this young age body is able to recover really fast from any injuries. Add a ton of specific, strictly planned strength and power exercises he's doing now in the gym to come back to his full fitness (he's using services of exactly the same physiotherapists as Van Aert did).

As for Gesink case, we don't know if it was actually his broken leg which caused that he never really came back to his young years performances. There were many many cyclist in the history that were considered as future champions, made their best results in their early 20s and weren't even close to reach the same level later. Of course, a serious injury could be important factor into this, but this is much more complex and Gesink would have faded without any injury anyway.

Sure, nothing is for certain. All we can do is make assessments of what we think and make projections. The reason why I hold him in such high regard is that he carries the characteristics of the great ones. The difference between the all time greats in sport and the excellent isn’t necessarily about talent but unmatched drive and mental make-up.

Don’t get me wrong all the best have these traits but the way you differentiate is that the greatest hate losing more than they love winning.

He also has a drive that I haven’t seen since Eddy.

As far as growth goes it’s a question of streamlining physique and learning how his body works. Ultimately, growth in cycling is being to maximize your body’s ability to produce power, increase endurance and train to increase where there is room for improvement.

He had room for both physical improvement as well as tactical development.

You can get in great shape in the gym in 9-12 months but it takes years to sculpt and get that additional definition.

Sure the gains decrease as one ages and reaches one’s prime, but surely you don’t think he’s already peaked?

Sure, nothing is for certain.

He also has a drive that I haven’t seen since Eddy.

Agreed.

Also, sure, there have been other young talents that have "flamed out", but no one can come up with a single example that compares with the success that remco has already had at such a young age. even among young supreme talents, he stands out head and shoulders. he is doing better than hinault and eddy did at his age. only pog is comparable and he did not dominate the junior scene as remco did, he still doesn't have a one day classic, nor won four straight stage races... the only thing he has on remco is having competed (and done exceedingly well!) in two GTs. so saying that you have "seen it before, with other young talents who fail to deliver, etc." doesn't make sense when discussing someone whose talents we have actually never seen before.

Reactions: red_flanders
Agreed.

Also, sure, there have been other young talents that have "flamed out", but no one can come up with a single example that compares with the success that remco has already had at such a young age. even among young supreme talents, he stands out head and shoulders. he is doing better than hinault and eddy did at his age. only pog is comparable and he did not dominate the junior scene as remco did, he still doesn't have a one day classic, nor won four straight stage races... the only thing he has on remco is having competed (and done exceedingly well!) in two GTs. so saying that you have "seen it before, with other young talents who fail to deliver, etc." doesn't make sense when discussing someone whose talents we have actually never seen before.
Yep, same reaction to those comments. He does not appear to be like any talent we've seen at this age in a long, long time at the Junior level. Agree on the Pog comments.

And yet again, you are putting words into my mouth, while i have already told you 3 or 4 times i did not claim he would dominate the next decade. On this very page, i posted a response to red Rick, saying that and explain why these young guys are so good so soon, and that they will NOT progress linearly until they are 29. That as soon as they are physically mature, all they can gain is experience and tactics.

I do not necessarilly disagree with your prediction of his career results. I disagree with your reasoning and logic
Still no answer.... When you say A, you have to say B..... When you break someone's opinion, you have to tell everybody what's your opinion. Otherwise jou're just a troll. So again. What results will Evenepoel achieve in his career ? Seen your constant responses : much more than "a few grand tours, hill classics, WC, olympic gold". Given his supernatural abilities (your opinion), he will win almost every race. The audiance of Cycling News is waiting.....

Still no answer.... When you say A, you have to say B..... When you break someone's opinion, you have to tell everybody what's your opinion. Otherwise jou're just a troll. So again. What results will Evenepoel achieve in his career ? Seen your constant responses : much more than "a few grand tours, hill classics, WC, olympic gold". Given his supernatural abilities (your opinion), he will win almost every race. The audiance of Cycling News is waiting.....
When i do a thread search for posts containing "supernatural abilities" or "supernatural" by me, i get 0 results. So i think we're done here. You continue to do one thing: put words into other people's mouths. But i'm the troll.

Please don't bother responding to this, or at least don't expect me to respond to your posts any longer.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS