• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 362 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
I just love that he is the one to finally make a La Redoute attack stick again. People were making comparisons between La Redoute and Cipressa just yesterday and it's lovely to see them proven wrong right away...except of course if they think Remco would be able to do the same at MSR.

In any case, it's great that young guys like Evenepoel and Pogacar are doing things the previous generation decided would be impossible.

Great win today, but the hype is immediately too much imo. You cannot draw conclusions for GT victory or even competitiveness in GT’s from this win.
Great, aggressive move. Have to think it could have been retrieved if there was anyone(two) willing to put in a serious effort. This one paid off in a great way!
Hopefully the pressure for Remco to turn water to wine will be delayed a bit so he can enjoy it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Great win today, but the hype is immediately too much imo. You cannot draw conclusions for GT victory or even competitiveness in GT’s from this win.
A look at the list of winners of this race show that in the last decade only 2 LBL winners (Roglic and Pogacar) have won Grand Tours in their career.

It will supercharge his development in the confidence and also his position within the team hierarchy but Tour de Suisse will tell more than today of his high mountains capabilities

I havn't seen this monumental victory, for that is what it is, translate into folks hyping him for a GT victory. But I haven't read through each and every post.
Sorry. But if you didn’t read it fully, why did you make your original comment? Even on this page someone hyping him to win La Vuelta this year. Like seriously? Some folks need to get real.

Sorry. But if you didn’t read it fully, why did you make your original comment? Even on this page someone hyping him to win La Vuelta this year. Like seriously? Some folks need to get real.
I don't know, how many pages do I have to go back to? Well then, in the last 10 pages or so from my first response to you, I didn't read the hype you mentioned. And frankly prior to that, I don't really care.

TRENDING THREADS